• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Gallery Presents: GG Showdown 2- featuring Melee,... - April 27th, 2013 - Easton, PA

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So we all have setbacks, but at the same time, I keep in contact with the regulars. Regardless, here we go!!!

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/540722392645187/
Store Number: 610-829-1133

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. This is unlike anything we've done before. Because we will be holding Nintendo World Championship-esque speed runs and endurance matches for various arcade games. There will be prizes....well there usually are those, and we're making Rock Paper Scissors an event since it was so popular last time.

Here's the obligatory stuff:

What we offer:
It's a GAME STORE!! So obviously we offer a full gaming experience. Here are other things you can expect:
- A great arcade
- Great staff who has an equally great passion for gaming
- convenient location for Public transportation from NYC, Philly, Allentown, Bethlehem, and Phillipsburg (you're right across the river...)
- A great location to get a variety of food. (Chinese, Italian, Subway, Wawa, DD, and even Jamaican!! Plus more!!) All withing walking distance, mind you.
- Games from current and back
- Did I mention an Arcade?

Things to remember:
*First and foremost- Have fun. Tournaments encourage healthy competition and push people to better themselves. However, they're fun, so be sure to have fun!!

*Keep in contact with me at all times- I'm TO of the event, so I gotta know where you are. I'm going to tighten the reigns a little more this time around, so PLEASE let me know what the deal is if you've gotta go somewhere, or are going to be late.

*Keep an eye on your stuff- I REALLY shouldn't have to say this, but I will. Keep an eye on your personal property. The Game Gallery is not responsible for your things.

*This is a BYOC(S) event!!! If you don't know what that means: "Bring Your Own Controller(Stick)" The Game Gallery can't always be guaranteed to have a spare controller on hand, and quite honestly, I don't have a car, so I don't feel like walking with a ton of stuff glued to my back. I MIGHT have a spare or two, but no promises.

*We need setups as always. You can NEVER have too many setups. We can do more, with more setups. 360s, Gamecubes/Wiis, TVs, and PS3s.

* Hype talk is encouraged. We want this to be fun, so hype up some matches, it's okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few changes to the line-up:

Games and Basic Rules-

Main games for SURE include:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee~
Injustice: Gods Among Us
The return of Rock Paper Scissors (Yes, this is official...last time there was a lot of fun to be had.)

So bring your A-game for these, people.
--------------------------------------------------
Possible side tournaments include: Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, King of Fighters XIII(On the cabinet, itself!!!) and who knows? Maybe a true "mystery" tournament.
------------------------------------------------

Some basic rules:

*Unless otherwise noted, all games are Double Elimination

*With the Exception of Marvel, all games will be best of 3 with Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals being Best of 5. (Marvel is best of 5 the whole way through)

*With the Exception of Smash, all games will have the timer set to max time. (99 seconds) [Smash is 8 minutes, 4 stocks]

*No coaching allowed during the matches. In between is fine, and you have a minute to take a breather in between matches...should you choose to take it.

*With the exception of Smash, all games will leave you character/team/order locked for the set if you win, with the loser free to change. (Smash is: Loser picks stage, Winner picks character, Loser picks character)

*If you are unsure of something, just ask. I won't bite your head off, and there are players, and assistant TOs who will gladly help you out, too.

*No pausing in the middle of a match. Doing so will result in loss of that round. (It'd be the match for Marvel, and a stock for Smash)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience, and happy gaming!!

Top Bottom