• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game gets harder

bambam

Smash Rookie
Me and my room mate are hardcore smashers, we play more than we do anything else all combined. We even got 1000 hours on brawl in no time, but as so, everytime we play the computer players get harder and harder and we are literally at the point now where we can just run around the stage and the computer players won't even fight each other, they all just chase you down...and to add on to that, when we were just playing around, we would put the cpus on four and we've noticed that they've gotten harder on 4 than they used to be. Not only that, we keep unlocking new pokemon (I guess) when we throw pokeballs because we never seen them before and they do some crazy stuff. But if anyone else has noticed this let me know...

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I've experienced this, Nintendo badly coded the CPU's to home in and target P1 and any other Player like 90 % more than eachother. Unlike in Melee which when left alone they would fight eachother, now even when you play without teams, they might as well all be on the same one. It's stupid, but that's the reality.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
It's even more ridiculous when they get a Dragoon, they'll attack you even if it's a waste, (like you already have 150+%, or about to fall to your death), or if they get a Final Smash.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Back when I first got the game and was testing Final Smashes, the computers had ganged up and killed me. I'm flying away in the distance since it was a star KO and then Sonic got a Smash Ball. He activates the comes to my platform and just hovers there, despite the fact there were two high damage CPUs right on there.

*sighs*

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i too have noticed that if you play for a long time, the cpu follows wat you do and how you do it.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I doubt it's a programming error, I always assumed it was more of a purposeful ploy to keep you engaged. at all times; if the CPUs are aggroing you they'll always be on hand for you to beat on. Something like that.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I've noticed this as well. I don't know whether it's cause my playstyle has changed but CPU seem to get harder to defeat then usual, still easy though.

daisho

Smash Lord
Dude... you have played for 1000 hours and you still can't beat level 4 computers... i pity you buddy...

And for those who think CPUs learn. They don't, I proved it statistically.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, snap. Red-Blue wins this thread. Before this becomes a ridiculous "ZOMG CPU LEARN!!1!ONE!" thread, Brawl CPUs do not learn. End of story.

I foresee this thread being closed soon. :ohwell:

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Just because the CPUs aren't very smart doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Have to wonder what they were thinking when coding the computers to attack human players predominantly..."If they're always being attacked, there's less downtime. That equals more fun!"

And no, AI does not attempt to learn from your combat preferences and adapt to your strategies. That's why you should only play CPUs to improve reflexes or to relieve incredible boredom.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I've read somewhere that once you place cpu level at 4 or higher...they begin to jump the human players even to the point that they don't fight each other until the human player is defeated...it's like rubberbanding AI...

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I can no longer properly compete with the stupid lvl 9 cpu's They team up on me so much I can't even dodge.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Level 9 computers aren't that bad when playing one on one or with teams.
They just get difficult to beat when there are two or three of them.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I don't know Why these Brawl lvl 9 CPUs are so predictable.

lvl 9 CPUs sucks...

Training is a good way to practice your techniques against them.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
They don't get harder dude. You are probably playing them to much.
Advice:Get wi-fi
No computer?
Check out thread:Hotspot connection in the online disscusion thread.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
The idea is one on one I agree, I will win every time, but three of them might as well be 3 on 1 because any lvl 9 cpu that you add only targets you and se the difficulty becomes much greater.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
Dude, if you got a hardcore smash roomate, where does the need come from to even play CPU's, they follow you, and attack, gimp.... it's too easy, make each otehr better by playing each other....... btw I play a lot of CPU's, and U haven't notcied that, trust me I got nothing better to do, I only have one brother and eh never plays..... plus, I am a restricted house person, so I don't go out much too play.

Top Bottom