• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game = Just Plain Boring??/

bigafromusclekid

Smash Cadet
I used to play melee hours on end without stopping, now after about 30 minutes to an hour, I'm bored of it already. Is it just me, or is there a lack of things to do? Also, the multi-battle is just not as fun due to no tech skills. Does anybody else agree?

C.Y.

Smash Rookie
I used to play melee hours on end without stopping, now after about 30 minutes to an hour, I'm bored of it already. Is it just me, or is there a lack of things to do? Also, the multi-battle is just not as fun due to no tech skills. Does anybody else agree?
meh, you're probably just burned out on smash in general if you say you played melee so much. just take a break or something and come back later.

SageMiomo

Smash Rookie
Err I find it way more fun then Meele, the only thing that isnt fun is watching Brawls, because they are alot slower than Meele matches.

Astrax

Smash Rookie
It does get boring faster than melee, me and my friends used to have 3+ hour sessions with melee and it didn't get boring, with brawl we get bored within an hour or so

Iraku

Smash Cadet
There seems to be *more* to do, and there's a lot of things to unlock that includes the use of all of the single player modes, and some stuff where you use a certain character or play on a stage multiple times in Brawl matches. I personally don't find it boring, and the only reason it seems to be easier and such to me is because I've played Melee. If I never played the original or Melee, Brawl would be even better than it already is.

zSTACKz

Smash Cadet
no i think brawl is awesome and i thought melee was boring so i sold it

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
i find it still entertaining, but i find it lacking something too
maybe its just that from the 64 version to melee, the improvements and new modes were like beyond awesome, but from melee to brawl didnt seem that much
still brawl's sik

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I think you're just crazy. If Brawl has a "lack of things to do", then Melee shouldn't even be considered a video-game. All I've done since the game came out is play Brawl nonstop (I don't seem to sleep or eat anymore >_>) and now when I see the game case for Melee, I'm just like "****...why did I ever like that game...?" In fact, funny you should ask, because I've been thinking lately that Brawl has TOO MUCH stuff to do lol. So much stuff that it'll take me forever to do....

zB.

Smash Cadet
I think it could be considered boring if you were really into the crazy speed and aggressiveness of SSBM. Honestly, if the way the game play just doesn't fit for you and you truly find it boring, then maybe Melee is you game.

People still play the original Soul Calibur and Street Fighter 2 simply because they like them better than the newer versions, and I see nothing wrong with doing the same for the Smash series. The style of the game is different enough that not everyone will like the changes.

KKIINNGG

Smash Cadet
I haven't had any problems been playing 8+ hours a day since midnight release but also if it wasnt for online play there would be some problems but with online this game will never get boring...Halo is still amazing and brawl is right up there beside it...brawl online is less laggy though w00t!!!

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
i find it still entertaining, but i find it lacking something too
maybe its just that from the 64 version to melee, the improvements and new modes were like beyond awesome, but from melee to brawl didnt seem that much
still brawl's sik
Thats how I felt, I though Brawl would be a huge improvement, it feels to me more like Melee 3.0... where Melee was like 64 5.0

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
This keeps me hooked way longer than Melee...waaay longer.
I always ran out of things to do in Melee. There are way more things to do in Brawl. Well, unless you only play one way and ignore that nice little Vault and single player...

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I feel that because it is a little slower and because there are a lot of characters who don't get in the action right away anymore that sometimes the matches can take a long time and be a little more boring. But it isn't that incrediably boring. I think it is great.

Brainiac_man

Smash Journeyman
When I get bored of playing matches, I play coin launcher, or build a stage, or set up some funny snapshots, or review my trophies, or listen to music, or do stadium games, and then when I'm done with that, I go back to matches :p

shurf

Smash Cadet
Yeah, there's tons more to do this time around. I think you might just be too used to Melee's fast-paced matches and enjoy that more.

Like others said, take a break for a little while and you'll be into it again. Most likely anyway.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
I think you're just crazy. If Brawl has a "lack of things to do", then Melee shouldn't even be considered aw video-game. All I've done since the game came out is play Brawl nonstop (I don't seem to sleep or eat anymore >_>) and now when I see the game case for Melee, I'm just like "****...why did I ever like that game...?" In fact, funny you should ask, because I've been thinking lately that Brawl has TOO MUCH stuff to do lol. So much stuff that it'll take me forever to do....
i didnt mean there wuz not enough to do, i just expected more because of the huge jump from 64 to melee. im really grateful for all the new stuff, but who thinks too much time wuz spent on a real repetitive subspace and its cut scenes. Sure its a great improvement from adventure mode, comon its just repeating the same thing cept a few enviroment changes. Heck, we coulda got a few more chars, stages or individual target test maps, if they didnt spend too much time on subspace. Ok, but still im ultra grateful of the new game, and ill enjoy it, but ill say, melee much more "satisfying". How long has melee lasted? melee is still played, probably like the only gc game, but i think brawl will no last as long. It's just that i expected more

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I'm not at all bored with Brawl, only thing I did was beat adventure mode but I'm just attached to the gameplay itself including the wifi feature, and even if i ever do get bored of that I'll have plenty of other stuff to do.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
i bet subspace took quite a while, and the developers cut the time they spent on subspace in half, which would still be like 4 hours of gameplay, imagine all the other different modes or improvements that could be possible

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I agree. The game is only entertaining when I have half-decent smashers over, playing FFA, smashballs, cracker launchers only has gotten boring (i used to love 'em.) Pokeball FFA's aren't as fun as they used to be with all these useless pokeballs and assist trophies.
Online is boring, I would rather go play another game on my computer than it.
Adventure mode is fairly boring the sticker upgrading was fun for a bit but I decided to draw something instead. 1 Player modes just bore me, stage builders usually keep me hooked for hours but this one is crap.
I was flipping through the Trophies, it was interesting (stupid lack of FE trophies), but I think Wiki amuses me more.
I don't know but perhaps its just video games in general but I would rather work on a piece of art or study.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I agree this game gets boring kind of quick. I love the game, it's my favorite for the Wii by far. But me and my friends are playing it, and after 45 minutes we look at each other and say, "Dude, I'm not really having fun playing this anymore. What's going on?!" We all love smash brothers, we all loved 64 and Melee, but Brawl is just a little too sloppy for us I guess.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
brawl gets boring way faster than melee. if you were a technical melee player like me, you'll run out of things to learn really quick. the game is slower, simpler...more boring. I still have fun with it, but after an hour or two of wifi, I always turn on my gamecube..

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
brawl gets boring way faster than melee. if you were a technical melee player like me, you'll run out of things to learn really quick. the game is slower, simpler...more boring. I still have fun with it, but after an hour or two of wifi, I always turn on my gamecube..
Why did you have a gamecube if you have a Wii?

But thats beside the point.

While all of the technical skill has been taken out of Brawl I do enjoy the game overall... Mainly because of the Challenges and I have friends to play...

Axelguy4realz

Smash Cadet
Do you have any good friends you know who Does not live near you? Like in another state? Playing something like that on wifi can be pretty fun. Especially when one of their taunts is really funny. Try stage builder send snapshots and replay data to friends. Besides that their is nothing else to say. It's just an opinion and thats normal. Play melee if you want. no one is forcing you to play Brawl.

EDIT: Once again The techs for melee were not found after a month. It took years for stuff like wavedashing. So just have patience.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I don't get this whole idea that if you get bored with brawl you don't have friends? The only reason to play brawl is with your friends, and we have more fun playing melee than brawl. Is that a crime?

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I have to semi-agree. After logging days of playtime on Melee, I get burned out much quicker on Brawl than Melee. Thats partly because I live on my own now and don't play with my brothers anymore. I wouldn't call it just plain boring, but it lost its "new" feel after all the characters were unlocked.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I'm still playing Brawl 8+ a day after I got it a week ago. I don't find it very boring.

I got so bored with Melee that I gave it to a friend of mine. And, before you ask - yes, I do know all those Melee techniques and so do my friends.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Really Melee nor Brawl is a game I can spent an enomerous time each day playing because for me it's better to play on and off. I personally just think alot of people are burnt out over the whole thing right now due not necessary to the fact that it's boring more how much energy a majority of us have spent on it recently.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I get bored with Melee very easily since the only way to have fun on it is to play with friends and I tend to annihilate them. With Brawl, I'm still better, but I don't necessarily annihilate them, so we tend to play it a lot longer.

Freshman year of college, we played SSB64 almost nonstop (I mean, literally, the moment someone walked into the common room the game was turned on and everyone dropped what they were doing to join). Sophomore year, we moved on to Melee and we played about as much at first before dying down to about forty minute sessions. Now that we have Brawl, we're playing nonstop again, but it may die down again, who knows.

So, in terms of longevity of playing time, I'd say SSB64 was actually the best. In terms of well-crafted gaming, however, Brawl takes the cake. We all love Brawl.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I agree. It gets very boring after a while. And I have already written several posts as to why, so I'm not going to write it again :p

Top Bottom