• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Stop Claim Thread [official]

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Shopping Center: Keystone Crossing Shoppes
Street: 3329 E. 86th Street
City: Indianapolis
State: IN

1 minute matches... Usmash from lucas, anyone?

Something I feel compelled to add is that the smash ball breaks after 3 hits and if you break it with a projectile you win it. Might be common knowledge but some people might want to take that into account.
Not quite. The number of hits depends on how strong the attacks are. And no, projectiles aren't auto claims on smash balls.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Not quite. The number of hits depends on how strong the attacks are. And no, projectiles aren't auto claims on smash balls.
I didn't exactly think through what I was saying when I made my post... But I am very sure that you can claim a smashball with a projectile. But my experience with smashballs is somewhat limited so it's possible I'm wrong and am just not remembering correctly. :ohwell:

Anyway, my store location needs to be changed. For whatever reason the store nearest me isn't on the "official" list but I just got confirmation from the manager that they will be hosting at least round 1. So then:

Shopping Center: North by NE Shoppes
Street: 8250 E 96TH ST
City and State are the same.

goth

Smash Rookie
Sorry if its not an exact match because my browser wont open the link but im going to the one in Springfield Ohio. Only one in springifeld.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I didn't exactly think through what I was saying when I made my post... But I am very sure that you can claim a smashball with a projectile. But my experience with smashballs is somewhat limited so it's possible I'm wrong and am just not remembering correctly. :ohwell:
Yeah, I think you can claim it with a projectile. I thought you meant that if you shoot it just once, you'll get it. My bad.

wangston

Smash Lord
Spring Hurst Town Center
10524 Fischer Park Drive
40241 Louisville KY

No one from smash boards better be there.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Crystal Court
5579 Northwest Highway
Crystal Lake IL 60014

--Property of Alcheato ;)

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
The Shopping Center : Eastwood Mall
Address: 5555 Youngstown-Warren Rd
City: Niles
State: Ohio

I will be attending the EB Games one since there will be 2 at the Eastwood Mall
1 at Game Stop 1 at EB Games

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I'm not attending ****!

I have legions of minions that work at gamestop. Big shots like me don't waste our time with such nonsense.

Me14k

Smash Lord
325 N Milwaukee Ave # 250, Vernon Hills

I dont have the strip mall's name, Apologies.

Halfdemon, Kit, and of course I shall be there.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
The SC: Orland Square
address: 568 orland square
city: orland park, IL

just don't go to the mall one eddy

ook

Smash Lord
Dang.... I live in Vernon Hills, so I was gonna go to that one too

So, I will also be at:

South Marketplace
325 N Milwaukee Ave # 250,
Vernon Hills

I'll see ya there I guess, TMB
good luck to y'all

Fletch

Smash Master
Was just going to make this thread... Don't have the address right now (I think it's on Cicero?), but I'm going to the GameStop in Crestwood, Illinois. Anyone have any tips for someone that hasn't played Brawl yet (i.e. who to play?)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I would also like to point out my name is TakUmaru not TakAmaru. Takamaru is a stupid samurai with a cult following from a game I've never played. Takumaru is the name I've used for every assassin/thief/ninja character in every MMO imagineable. Ninjassassins > Samurai.

Fletch: Mookie Rah seems to be in favor of playing a defensive Ike and ****** mistakes. But my general advice would be try to not wavedash... And play somewhat defensive until you have time to adjust to the game. So far it seems the adjustment time has been different for a lot of people. For example: I, a very technical samus in melee, had to play for a good 2 hours and even then the game felt weird. My brother, a less technical marth/mario player, was used to the game after 10 minutes with it.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I agree with Mookie.

Ike = upsmash and fsmash a lot. Expect Roy with better range/more power/slower, and he's one of the few with a low % kill move that is easy to land.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I agree with Mookie.

Ike = upsmash and fsmash a lot. Expect Roy with better range/more power/slower, and he's one of the few with a low % kill move that is easy to land.
Yeah, i'm most likely going ike for some easy kills. No DI = potential KO in three hits

i dunno, bowsercyde looks like it would be a pretty good tactic against newbs as well
it's a 1 minute timed match. suiciding with bowsers overB is going to do nothing but restart the score to zero unless you are good enough to time it so the match ends between you and your opponent deaths. If you're that good, i wont bother entering.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that lucas is also relatively easy to pickup if you really, really hate ike.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
umm what time do these start... does anyone know? is it like 9 pm?

this should be interesting... do you have to play with the wiimote/chuck?

i call wood river Illinois.. though i doubt ne1 will go there besides me
and even if they did i would ike them

Zjiin

Smash Master
umm what time do these start... does anyone know? is it like 9 pm?

this should be interesting... do you have to play with the wiimote/chuck?

i call wood river Illinois.. though i doubt ne1 will go there besides me
and even if they did i would ike them
from what i hear, only the first 30 ppl (lol) are being let in, so they say to get there 8pm i think? And apparently, yes, you have to play with the wiimote/nunchuk

Fletch

Smash Master
What would you guys say about playing spacies if I play pretty much with them in Melee.... are they that different that I should just pick up an easier character for this tournament?

Zjiin

Smash Master
What would you guys say about playing spacies if I play pretty much with them in Melee.... are they that different that I should just pick up an easier character for this tournament?
For the first tourney, don't bother with falco, he's changed a lot. Fox still has drill shine and shine spike, but you might not be able to efficiently use it on your first try. Wolf is probably the easiest transition of space animal, but he wont be available for play since he isnt in the starting roster.

Oh and for jigs players, use wario and try to remember he only has one jump. Kirby also has the wall of pain.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Puffinator has my old entry. I have moved to:
Witzel Retail Center
2087 Witzel Street
Oshkosh, WI

Also, I am forwarding Lonejedi's claim of:
Prangeway S/C
2640 West College Avenue
Appleton, WI

edub

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i'm most likely going ike for some easy kills. No DI = potential KO in three hits

it's a 1 minute timed match. suiciding with bowsers overB is going to do nothing but restart the score to zero unless you are good enough to time it so the match ends between you and your opponent deaths. If you're that good, i wont bother entering.
well dojo says that you can bowsercyde and the enemy dies first....
however i've been reading stuff on bowser forums and saw that only if i was 1st player and the other person was 2nd-4th player , that bowsercyde makes the enemy die first. i mean that sorta makes sense because in melee, if somehow you manage to perfectly tie something with equal priority, the person with 1st control slot wins.

another question... how's pika for this tourney? i was a peach player in melee, and i am pretty proficient with melee pika. what's the transition for pika like?

Zjiin

Smash Master
well dojo says that you can bowsercyde and the enemy dies first....
however i've been reading stuff on bowser forums and saw that only if i was 1st player and the other person was 2nd-4th player , that bowsercyde makes the enemy die first. i mean that sorta makes sense because in melee, if somehow you manage to perfectly tie something with equal priority, the person with 1st control slot wins.
lol... YES the enemy dies first, but it isn't stock, so it doesnt matter. It's time. That means unless you time it so the time runs out between his death and your death, you're just gonna get a +1 then a -1.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Janesville Mall
2500 Milton Ave.
Janesville WI

I have a feeling I'll **** up Lucas's recovery, but oh well..

Oh, right D:! I forgot the most important question: How do you taunt with wiimote + nunchuck? .-.

edub

Smash Apprentice
lol... YES the enemy dies first, but it isn't stock, so it doesnt matter. It's time. That means unless you time it so the time runs out between his death and your death, you're just gonna get a +1 then a -1.
i asked my gamestop and they said that it was 1 stock 1 minute matches set in tournament mode.

Zjiin

Smash Master
i asked my gamestop and they said that it was 1 stock 1 minute matches set in tournament mode.
ahhhh, i was told they were only 1 minute timed matches. I hear a lot of different gamestops saying different things, so we both might be right... or wrong lol.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I've heard this somewhere as well. Something about whoever gets the first kill is considered the winner. Can't remember where I saw it though, but I was disappointed after reading it so it must have been a reliable source or else I wouldn't have paid much attention to it.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
3080 Route 60 Mundelein

Because obv I'm going to the gamestop 10 minutes away instead of the one 2 minutes away. **** you M314k! *Shakes fist*

edub

Smash Apprentice
ahhhh, i was told they were only 1 minute timed matches. I hear a lot of different gamestops saying different things, so we both might be right... or wrong lol.
he also said that the items would be on whatever the default is... which means that they would be on :(

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
My gamestop is forcing to play with wiimote and numchucks. The rules here are 1 minute timed matches with no items. I do not know anything about stages or anything though.

Top Bottom