• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Stop giving away demo disk with reservation of Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
If this were true than all gamestops would know about this I went to 2 today and spoke to both managers, they both said they went geting any WII disks in at all. I know the managers very well.
They woulnt lie

enjoi06

Smash Rookie
I don't know if i could really trust this info... but what i do expect for brawl is something similar to what they did for MP3. However, I do remember reading from an article from Nintendo's Head Advert. Rep that the MP3 download for the Wii was only the beginning, and that they had many more surprises in store. Maybe this means a demo? who knows.... btw the article was from ign.

saud

Smash Lord
I doubt that. If they were to have a demo, you would be able to download it off the Wii Shop Channel, and I'll be one of the first to get it, no matter how long it takes to download.... who am I kidding, I can't even connect to the interne with my Wii. (sob)
I feel your pain....My Wii and DS disconnect very often and rarely connect....

Well, IMO, Nintendo doesn't need to make a demo disc for Brawl, it already has lots of hype, and many will get the game, play it, and love it regardless; so the way I see it, Nintendo will just be wasting resources on creating a demo for brawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There was a Metroid Prime 2 demo disc.

Regardless, I'll close this until someone has proof.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
hmm ill ask to... but whats the point of getting a demo disk for the game when its close to the release? and u reserved it... 0.0

The Bino

Smash Lord
I believe that when Metroid Prime 2 was nearing its release date, they had a Metroid GC for sale, i know because i traded in my GC to get the Metroid GC, it came with Metroid Prime and a demo for MP2, and i had gotten the GC in August when the game released in November, so its highly possible for them to do this to Brawl too

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i preordered brawl and they didnt mention anything about a demo disk. and i did it at gamestop. they would have given me the demo by now, whats the point of given away a demo when you go to pick up your game if you have like, THE ACTUAL GAME. i'll go talk to my local gamestop just incase and let you guys know whats good...peace

-hiroshi

Darkurai

Smash Master
Bull****.
I already pre-ordered Brawl. I doubt they'd be such *******s as to cheat all of us who pre-ordered Brawl before this started.
Thus, there will be no demo with pre-orders.

Deft

Smash Cadet
Maybe she was trying to impress you cause she thinks your hot. thats why she said call back periodically.

interfear1

Smash Cadet
I went to my local Game Stop today and asked the manager if she knew if they were gonna have a Brawl demo disk and she told me that they're expecting Brawl demo disks which will be given to those who reserve Brawl...but she also told me that it could be soon or closer to release
DUDE, thank you for the information, now I really going to reserve the game.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
No. Look, what a GameStop employee says has about the same worth as a SmashBoards member saying there will be a demo. They say crazy crap all the time.

And the reasons in this thread as to why there won't be a demo are really horrible.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
yeah, this is bogus. whoever told you that was a blithering idiot.

i had a gamestop employee tell me that there was a minimum $10 deposit on my Metroid Prime 3 reservation because they were going to be giving something away. they didn't give away anything, and i wasn't the least bit surprised. (i think that may have been the same employee was absoultely convinced that MP3 would have online multiplayer, too)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
ive spoken to a frend of mine who is a manager at gamestop.
THERE IS NO DEMOS COMEING!

SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD AND BANN THE PERSON WHO MADE IT:

sorry cap lock was on

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
@TheMastermind
wow wtf is ur problem i just made this thread to say what was said to me...and why would i get banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom