• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Universe smash tourney in ma Feb. 17th

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
hey everybody just helpin out a local place in MA 1v1 smash tourney Feb. 17th at 6pm

here's the address
1251 Worcester Rd (Rte 9) Framingham, MA

The prize is store credit not cash

1st 2nd 3rd

Entry fee is $5

Don't know the split but I will find out

The website is www.myspace.com/gameuniverse

Rules that apply to singles

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by starting over same level,same characters,and 1 stock

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Random stages list: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (banned on teams), Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned for Singles, and not teams: Great Bay
Stages banned for Teams, and not singles: Fountain of Dreams.
Stages banned for both Singles & Teams: Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom and Yoshi's Island 64

Also there will be a gears of war tourney on the 16th 4v4 $5 entry fee if you show up by yourself you will be paired up with someone. This starts at 6:30pm

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
because if more people go.... then the less chance i have to win... and that means bigger dent to chopingboard when i buy a ps3

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
and plus it's whack man.. it's all crammed. laggy smelly. and in the middle of nowhere. It's a huge drive. And you would get owned by me anyways........

edit: tom, the rules you listed don't matter. except only stages and the fact that it is double elimination matters. they don't care about dave's stupid rule or what have you. it's best one out of one until the finals where it is best 2 of 3.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
and plus it's whack man.. it's all crammed. laggy smelly. and in the middle of nowhere. It's a huge drive. And you would get owned by me anyways........

edit: tom, the rules you listed don't matter. except only stages and the fact that it is double elimination matters. they don't care about dave's stupid rule or what have you. it's best one out of one until the finals where it is best 2 of 3.
no it's always 2 out of 3 at least that's how I remember it.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
**** you Tom! My friend told me about this tournament, I was gonna go. Then I see this topic. He said nobody good goes. Great, now I can't get some money.
I might be going to New Hampshire that weekend though.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
matt i've been going to these for months leeching these peoples money. tom took a dump on me when he posted this. if you went there even with out this being posted. Me or Jeffery would have taken you out. unless you picked up peach since last time i saw you.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
matt i've been going to these for months leeching these peoples money. tom took a dump on me when he posted this. if you went there even with out this being posted. Me or Jeffery would have taken you out. unless you picked up peach since last time i saw you.
lol **** son you are mad cocky lol you are improving though

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Jeffery?

Also, my peach is alright. But I'm reluctant to use it against Ice Climbers since the ****** Tom's IC gave it...

And Andrew. Fox gets ***** by Ice Climbers. My best bet at the moment would be Luigi.

Banksya

Smash Ace
choping bord keep your stingy 6 bucks

everyone come to MST, zeb and birdman especially since you went before. don't be chumps MST9 is in a social club this time, catch a ride with Tom and DJ becauce they ARE GOING.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
depends. i've got 120$ once when tom didn't know about these.
but i've been getting about 50 or so. but i won't get anything going to MST's. A good amount of people go to these. there was 50 people once.

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
hmm well im reading all the posts from YP and if he dosent go because im going hes a little b***** and i dont have a "posse" they asked to come so i let them since they have nothing better to do one of them plays smash but not well enough to enter a toruney but idk if im going to this i dont have much money or a ride..... ill see what i can do

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
Jumping to conclusions much? If I wanted to go I would. Don't think I'm afraid of you or anything >_>

I'll be in NH. Plus I'd rather save up for Cat.

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
not afraid of me? i dident say something like that now did i

but something would obviosuly happen between us if you go

anyway

i am going and im bringing the same people as last time i hope

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Is luigi good against IC?

Matt, your luigi has improved. I need more practice against people other than you. Since you play a lot of other people, I probably am improving as you Improve.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Is luigi good against IC?

Matt, your luigi has improved. I need more practice against people other than you. Since you play a lot of other people, I probably am improving as you Improve.
Because I absolutely ***** you with my luigi like 20 matches in a row?

Top Bottom