• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game & Watch as my Possible Counterpick

Heero Yuy

#sweg
GnW is a fun character and I'm thinking of using him competitively. I main Link and I personally detest small stages. The main thing I'd like to know is...Is GnW good on small stages? Specifically I'd like to know vs Link and spacies.

MrWatchandLearn

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrWatchandLearn
3DS FC
0387-9318-8151
G&W on small stage i feel is a double edged sword, he has multiple moves that allow him to get early stocks some of which are F-Air, N-Air, Judgement numbers 4,6,7,9, and his F and D Tilt, but due to him being one of the lightest character he can get combo'd and killed just as easily and his recovery is hindered aswell since its near impossible to sweet spot the ledge on some of the smaller stages (Ex: Melee Yoshis). I feel its appropriate to go to smaller stages with G&W if you feel confident with your combo and punish game and/or you feel the match up is in your favor.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I personally like small stages (talking from the perspective of a guy who has yet to enter a tournament, but I am gonna change that soon) for G&W. I feel it is a great evener. He is super light and dies easily on just about any stage, why not try and even it up and go for a super small stage where you can take advantage of his massive power and bring down the %age you kill the opponent? For me, I love playing on Yoshis Melee and FoD.

Of course, just practice and find out what you feel comfortable with when playing the character.

Top Bottom