• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game & Watch Match-up Export Thread Directory

cutter

Smash Champion
It does 6%

I wouldn't use it liberally against Snake because if he expects it coming you'll get blasted with a Jab to Ftilt. Or he could shielddrop a grenade.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You should be asking these in the Q&A thread, not the matchup thread.

TEECO

Smash Ace
This is an AWESOME thread. Excellent job on it, it looks nice.

I had no idea G&W was that bad against snake.

Noa.

Smash Master
From what I've seen, a G&W playing the matchup wrong would have it super horrible. But when you play patiently, I could see it as only bad. But not even.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Snake isn't super horrible.

He doesn't have Marth's insanely fast pressure game, so you can consistently punish him whenever he attacks. He doesn't have Marth's Up-B out of shield either, so he's liable to take shield pokes from time to time too (just don't be an idiot and attack his shield while he's holding a grenade, that's what grabbing is for).

Also, he can't punish you for throwing out Smashes the way Marth can. This matters a lot actually, since you can throw out F-smash a lot, and it will get him 95% of the time if he Mortar Slides. If he tries to do a tilt, you will probably clank and then get to shield/gtfo. Also, he's much more likely to air dodge than Marth, so Up-smashing him upon landing is A LOT more viable.

Temple of Marduk

Smash Rookie
Stupid question:
I've heard hylian talking about bair canceling.
What is exactly bair canceling? (Is there a video or something?)
and how does it work? Glad 2 hear..

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Here's some info I posted a while back about bair cancelling:

bair cancelling is an interesting AT for G&W.

To do it: you just use bair right before you land on the ground. This allows for the initial animation frames of the attack to come out. However you will land before the hitbox actually comes out. This technique can't hurt the opponent and doesn't slow down or speed up G&W's landing lag. It technically does nothing.

However, it turns out this is quite useful at tricking your opponents who try to punish you bair spams. You can bair cancel into fsmash, or grab and usually end up hitting your opponent he drops his shield to punish the landing lag from your attack.

EDIT: Here's a video of Hylian doing it effectively. Take note, I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1ATOAoEdc

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmmm, cool mindgame in that vid.

But WOOOOOW, Hylian did some really stupid things overall in that set. WTF, he totally did not see a shieldbreak. He ****ed up his own mindgames trying too hard to mindgame with Bucket.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hmmm, cool mindgame in that vid.

But WOOOOOW, Hylian did some really stupid things overall in that set. WTF, he totally did not see a shieldbreak. He ****ed up his own mindgames trying too hard to mindgame with Bucket. And other silly stuff.
Hylian's not good? Gasp!?!?!?

It was the pressure of the moment. I was sitting next to him, bugging him. Laughing at his bair cancelling and how silly it was. My bad Hylian =P

EDIT: For clarity, I love Hylian. He's a good player. I'm just messing with him cause I like doing it. No need to get all angry at me =(

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay, then screw you UTD Zac. =/

I got pretty upset watching that set...and the silly stuff that got him revenge killed after KOs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Okay, then screw you UTD Zac. =/

I got pretty upset watching that set...and the silly stuff that got him revenge killed after KOs.
Maybe that's because I was laughing during most of the set joking with Zac about BC'ing?

Vinnie

Smash Master
UTDzac said:
bair cancelling is an interesting AT for G&W.

To do it: you just use bair right before you land on the ground. This allows for the initial animation frames of the attack to come out. However you will land before the hitbox actually comes out. This technique can't hurt the opponent and doesn't slow down or speed up G&W's landing lag. It technically does nothing.

However, it turns out this is quite useful at tricking your opponents who try to punish you bair spams. You can bair cancel into fsmash, or grab and usually end up hitting your opponent he drops his shield to punish the landing lag from your attack.

EDIT: Here's a video of Hylian doing it effectively. Take note, I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1ATOAoEdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuvOVigF8s&feature=channel_page

I had it up several months ago, if this is what you're talking about.

edit: please don't mind my scrubby title or annotations. That was when I was a ******** noob, and my ******** noob account.

edit2: yes I know it's next to useless. lol

Noa.

Smash Master
Rediscussing Snake wouldn't be so bad. Recently, I've had luck with Snake. You just got to play extremely patiently.

But is Snake as hard to fight as MK? We can't have them at the same ratios if one's harder than the other. And I'm not sure that we go 55:45 with MK.

Top Bottom