• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game & Watch Teams Partners

Italia06823834

Smash Cadet
Teams are the unsung hero of Smash if you ask me. So, who do you think G&W's best teammates are?

I would think anyone who matches well against sword users/Ivysaur since those matchups seem to be tough for GDubs. But I think my vote goes to Mario. Mario by himself is awesome, but simply for the fact that at any free moment he can fill up the Bucket with Fireballs is amazing.

D

Deleted member

Easily any charachter that can fill up his Bucket quickly. Mario, Lucas, Ness, Pikachu, ZSS, Mewtwo, and Zelda tend to work the best.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
G&W is pretty great in teams. His smashes are safe and strong; his vertical combos are hard to interrupt; his survivability is decent and his aerials are great for space control. Plus he's got a great teams gimmick.

Matchups aren't the same in teams either. Many projectiles aren't as good because you end up hitting your teammate so Link, Tink and Falco go away. Space is tight, so zoning and patient play is not effective. That cuts into Marth pretty heavily. So G&W gets a bump in a ton of his bad matchups.

Like I said G&W is good in teams, so he synergies with a lot of teammates. I don't think I could pick a character that he works BEST with though. I the bucket gimmick can flip a stock or two depending on how well you and your partner work together, but it's far from a win button. I would much rather team with a Sheik than try to force a G&W, Zelda team that can't fill up the bucket more than once a round.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I like GnW In teams. Good synergy, doesn't need a lot of help recovery (a single projectile hitting him at the end of the up-b basically saves him, I like GnW/Pit and GnW/mario a lot for that reason), has quick, strong finishers paired with lowish knockback launchers so opposing stocks don't drag on forever.

Then again Ivy gets exponentially better in teams and that makes GnW cry.

Italia06823834

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur in teams is crazy good. Like I said originally I think the GnW/Mario team is very good. Fireballs fill bucket or help recover. GnW can help Mario recover with Uair/Bacon.

Too bad bucket doesn't doesn't absorb bacon. Then the glorious Double GnW team could be the best. :laugh:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i've personally had the absolute best play with a Mario or Wario team mate

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
Mario is an amazing doubles partner with G&W, probably the second best next to pikachu
I'd say PikaWatch is probably the best team due to the bucket filling and kill potential.
Mario's fireballs do 8% whereas the bucket caps projectiles at 8% which is ideal, and Pikachu's thunderjolt does 7% when grounded and 10% when in the air, which is nearly the same as fireballs. The only difference is that thunderjolt is more predictable to bucket in hectic doubles matches and more importantly, pikachu's thunder can be absorbed (10%) which is extremely safe when considering that G&W can empty the bucket at any time now.
Most importantly, pikachu's Usmash KO's super early which is extremely useful in doubles in the case of grabs or distractions

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
This is amazing because my friend mains Mario and we've been thinking about teaming for a while. I main Ness, and am trying to become a G&W secondary. We tried to do a thing where mario would heal ness, but when I learned more about the bucket, I knew immediately that G&W was the better partner.

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
I haven't posted in here yet, so I wanted to add that Zelda and Lucario are also really good teams partners. Lucario is great for me personally because I like GnW's ability to sneak in and get an amazing combo, which is easy as a support for an aggro lucario. Zelda is really good because you can up-b to a din's for extra recovery, grab din's with bucket, combo off of all of her throws and you get a fast and reliable kill move from your teammate if you get a grab. Zelda also lives for quite a while.

Top Bottom