• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Yard Showdown - Garden City, MI - July 10th

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
For this tourney I'm gonna team with ORI_bro.

And yeah, Tech_Chase, I think we'd really really **** together. Your DI is as good or better than mine.

You just need to get that Snake as good as possible for dubs. Then we can team next time :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
We got this Myth!
Our team name should be "Nades and Aura" or "We Camp them ******* with Nades and Aura"

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
*approves of lordhelmet's suggestion*

And yeah MTI I wouldve teamed with you but I agreed to team with Sparta Kick. Next time for sure. And lol my DI is good now because I got so tired of dying at ******** percentages because I had **** DI before. I'm glad I got past that :D

Sparta Kick: We need a team name :o

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I've got poison ivy. It's on my feet, arms, neck and parts of my torso. It was on my face, but my face is looking better. I started really getting it last Saturday. Parts have started to "weep" and leak fluid, but I have 3 days left to heal. I'm on steroids and cream to help speed the process.

Basically, if I still look and feel like **** this Saturday, I can't come. :(

I'll do my best to not scratch and heal over the next few days. I may play like **** too, as I haven't felt like doing anything besides watching TV since Saturday.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I MIGHT come to this. Not sure.
You know you want to.

I've got poison ivy. It's on my feet, arms, neck and parts of my torso. It was on my face, but my face is looking better. I started really getting it last Saturday. Parts have started to "weep" and leak fluid, but I have 3 days left to heal. I'm on steroids and cream to help speed the process.

Basically, if I still look and feel like **** this Saturday, I can't come. :(

I'll do my best to not scratch and heal over the next few days. I may play like **** too, as I haven't felt like doing anything besides watching TV since Saturday.
That sucks man. Hope your feelin' better soon. :(

Will there be a lot of people? I'm thinking of going, and maybe bringing some IL players along - mainly those who're ranked.
It would be great to get some oos players coming to this. Here's the list of people coming so far to the best of my knowledge. There has also been a flier at the venue for a while to hopefully bring in more people. Let me know i I missed someone or if you're listed incorrectly. Also, this is based on here and AiB, so let me know if I have a duplicate name somewhere.

Artemis
AtotheZ
Anther
Bluedanes111
Boxxy
ChocoArrow
DarkLouis
Demp
Endymion
firezyth
GeeTeeEffOhh
goddy
Hot_ArmS
hugs 4 hackers
JTsm
L_cancel
Lordhelmet
MythTrainerInfinity
Ori
Pharrox
Rizk7
RyutsNoir
Sir_J
Sparta Kick
Tech_chase
Tewx2
TheMann
White Lion
Xatic
Zero

Possibly:
Ally
AvariceX
Condemned_soul
DarkLouis (hope you're feeling better)
DRDN (may bring friends)
jkbbabione
Kail
Lain (probably, but doesn't post)
Marthmaster92
Notra
RoboticSithDrone
rsr2 (with friends)

And as things stand right now, I really doubt the cookout's going to happen. I'm starting a job this week, but I have some creditors, the IRS, the upcoming school semester, and now a stupid traffic ticket hangin' over me. I probably won't have money to cover anything extra for a while. Still, if anyone wants to donate a few packs of hot dogs or hamburgers I'll see what I can do.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Oh great so if ally and Akashi shows up that'll he more snakes to add to he list lolol

on the other hand they can show Michigan how snake should be played

but ally probly won't need to go snake

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Akashi, you guys should come along it'd be pretty cool. I've been wanting to play you guys for a while. Let us know.

Also Pharrox: Tewx2 = Endiymion. Everything else looks good.

And last but not least: Ally: You STILL haven't gotten tired of taking Michigan's money? <_<

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Akashi, you guys should come along it'd be pretty cool. I've been wanting to play you guys for a while. Let us know.

Also Pharrox: Tewx2 = Endiymion. Everything else looks good.

And last but not least: Ally: You STILL haven't gotten tired of taking Michigan's money? <_<

name me the last time I took money from Michigan, yep good luck, it's been A BIG WHILE prob over 7-8 months dude.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
It's likely that I'm coming to this. :) My dad's pressuring me to not call off work tomorrow, and I have to agree with him. If work isn't bad, I can handle a tourney.

It's mainly my arms now that are the problem. They itch, but cold water usually does the trick. Nothing burns anymore and I can move at 80% comfortability. (lmao)

Plus my face is pretty much better. Shaving was a chore, but at least I don't look like a freak anymore.

Just know that if I come, it's not contagious. ;)

Plan on going Wolf unless I get paired with a D3/MK. Hopefully IL comes up!

I'll prolly call Lain on Friday. I'm giving Tutu a ride, they both live off the same exit iirc.

judge!

Smash Ace
id love to come but me and iris and maybe lain r going to chicago for the weekend...gl everyone!

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
It's likely that I'm coming to this. :) My dad's pressuring me to not call off work tomorrow, and I have to agree with him. If work isn't bad, I can handle a tourney.

It's mainly my arms now that are the problem. They itch, but cold water usually does the trick. Nothing burns anymore and I can move at 80% comfortability. (lmao)

Plus my face is pretty much better. Shaving was a chore, but at least I don't look like a freak anymore.

Just know that if I come, it's not contagious. ;)

Plan on going Wolf unless I get paired with a D3/MK. Hopefully IL comes up!

I'll prolly call Lain on Friday. I'm giving Tutu a ride, they both live off the same exit iirc.
NO POISON IVY JOHNS!

We must have our IRL furry duel.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey Pharrox use this stage list

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Brinstar - Melee

Banned:
Everything else.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
@Louis: Good to hear your feeling better. :)

@Ori: Would you mind justifying some of the changes? Pirate Ship I can understand because of the potential problems with water camping, but I can't can't reasonably see why Japes, Stadium 2, or Pictochat should be banned.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@Louis: Good to hear your feeling better. :)

@Ori: Would you mind justifying some of the changes? Pirate Ship I can understand because of the potential problems with water camping, but I can't can't reasonably see why Japes, Stadium 2, or Pictochat should be banned.
Pirate Ship is pure lulz
Japes is ****ed up and promotes uber camping and its normally banned at MI tourneys
Stadium 2's transitions aren't the best to fight on and it is normally banned at MI tourneys
Pictochat should be on the CP list XD i forgot to copy it, i was on my iPod when i posted it up.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pirate Ship is pure lulz
Japes is ****ed up and promotes uber camping and its normally banned at MI tourneys
Stadium 2's transitions aren't the best to fight on and it is normally banned at MI tourneys
Pictochat should be on the CP list XD i forgot to copy it, i was on my iPod when i posted it up.
On Japes:
You're right, let's ban FD because it promotes uber camping.
Let's ban Smashville because it promotes scrooging.
Let's ban Battlefield because it helps air camping.
Let's ban Brinstar because Wario can time out on there and MK is really good on there.

On Stadium 2:
Stadium 2 transitions aren't the best to fight on...explain your logic, because there's nothing seriously wrong w/ any of them if you've learned the stage except for the wind part, and that one has a simple solution: stay grounded or learn how to avoid ****.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Pirate Ship is off. I'm not really sure how it ended up on there in the first place. As for the other two, I don't see any consistent reason why they shouldn't be left on. We have other stages which have problems that are comparable, so what is it that pushes these two over the line? They could offer some pretty crazy advantages and situations that people may not be prepared for, but I haven't seen anything that would actually place them into the category of "broken".

And for what it's worth, I hate Stadium 2.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
if you checked my link the "The Standardized Ruleset Discussion" (for the summer of 2010 stuff) doesn't suggest having japes as a counter pick

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I checked the link and the stages listed, but I still haven't found an explanation as to why Japes should be banned or why it offers more of an advantage to certain characters than existing stages already do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the link you gave me just stikes me as someone trying to come up with their own set of rules similar to what the SBR does. What is it about this set that makes it more reasonable than the current SBR set which lists Japes as counterpick?

I'm not saying that there isn't something broken about Japes, but I have yet to find it or even see much serious discussion as to its current position on the stage list. If someone can give me a link that clearly explains why this stage is more broken than any other on the currently allowed roster I won't hesitate to ban it. It seems like after MLG everyone started removing Japes from they tournaments, but I've yet to see it explained as to why.

I don't mean to seem confrontational, but I also don't think a stage should be banned when it hasn't broken any generally accepted rules that would justify a ban, and the main argument is that it should be banned because other tournaments banned it.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Oh great so if ally and Akashi shows up that'll he more snakes to add to he list lolol

on the other hand they can show Michigan how snake should be played

but ally probly won't need to go snake
You hype me up too much <.< I'm only ranked #5 in IL. ^^;

Just to update you guys, DLA seems interested and is willing to go. Arty wants to attend as well, but he doesn't know his work schedule for Saturday atm. I'm going to ask Ook when I have the chance, and possibly grab another IL smasher for a full car. This seems REALLY unlikely, but could anyone house all of us Friday night? I think DLA showed interest in coming early... Idk though.

@Technical_Chase: I'm looking forward to playing you too =).

@Anyone else - I'm up for any $MM or friendly if I do come. Get at my Snake! :D

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I could try to make a few calls to see if I could get some housing for you. Prolly wouldn't be able to get anything good though, so hopefully someone will be able to offer something. I've also heard talk of a smashfest the night before, not really sure on that either. If not I'll see what I can do for anyone who's interested.

lain

Smash Master
AKASHIIIIII. PLEASE BRING OOK+ARTY DOWN. MAKE THIS INSANELY HARD LOLOLOL.

but seriously, i'd love to see ya guys. rofa would more then likely be able to house you all so yeah

Tewx2

Smash Ace
It's getting better. Not 100% yet, but I have 2 more days to shake this ****. I feel small bumps coming in between my fingers though. -_-;

I may bring a couple guys from Toledo + Tutu for this.
Poison Ivy+ Driving is slightly better than sleep driving ;D Seriously though, if you aren't feeling up to the ride I'll find someone else to go with so don't force yourself to go on my account.

Top Bottom