• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameBreakers & Team DAMD Present: Evening Brawl! 4/25/08 (Davie, FL)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
On April 25th 2008, GameBreakers and Team DAMD will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament.

3700 SW Davie Road
Davie, Fl. 33314

For directions:
-GameBreakers
(786) 303-4232
thegamebreaker@hotmail.com
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3700+SW+Davie+RD,+Davie,+Florida|10+33314

Additional information:
-Ruuku or Luc
(786) 269-7897
AIM: haitianhomey1012

Time:
-Signup begins at 6pm but they won’t stop you form coming and paying before the time.
-The tournament will start at 7pm.

Entrance fee:
$15 per attendee

Prizes:
2-14 people show up – 1st place wins $100
15-19 people show up – 1st place wins $150
20-24 people show up – 1st place wins $200
25-29 people show up – 1st place wins $250
30-34 people show up – 1st place wins $300
35-39 people show up – 1st place wins $350
40-44 people show up – 1st place wins $400
45-46 people show up – 1st place wins $450
50-59 people show up – 1st place wins $500

The pattern continues in a similar manner if more people show up.

Format:
Double elimination

General rules:

- When it's your turn to play, you will be called ~3 times and we will wait for you for about 5 minutes. If you are not present in this time or we do not hear from you as to where you are or what you're doing, we will attempt to run another match before yours. However, you risk being disqualified if there are no other matches in that round to be played.

- This is a bring your own controller (BYOC). We have no obligation to loan controllers, so come prepared. We're not responsible for you not having anything to play on.

-All controller mods are forbidden.

Tournament rules, settings, and duration:
- 3 stocks
- 8 minute matches
- 2/3 sets of matches
- 3/5 sets of matches for Semi finals, Winner's Finals, and Loser's Finals
- 3/5 sets of matches for Grand Finals
- Items turned off
- Both players may choose to ban a stage at the beginning of a set.
- Winner may switch character.
- Loser may switch character and choose a neutral or counterpick stage that hasn't been chosen yet.

Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Smashville

Counterpicks: Lylat Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise (Melee), Brinstar (Melee)

Banned: All other stages, including custom stages.

I will consider your opinions of the legal stages so let me know what you think.

Miscellaneous information:
- the $15 entrance fee buys you 3 hours of gaming.
- GameBreakers has Wii’s, PS3’s, Xbox 360’s, and computers to play on
- the tournament matches will be played on plat screen digital panels. Very minor input lag may be experience if you aren't used to those.

Please let me know if you will attend the event, even if uncertain. I need to keep track of the number of potential attendees.

GET HYPE SONS!

Attendance:
1. Ruuku
2. Galeon
3. Jin
4. Storm
5. Linguini
6. Lambchops
7. Ares
8. Wheelz
9. Wheelz' friend
10. Nicholas.Riddle
11. ESAM
12. Hardy
13. Softy
14. CaliburChamp
15. DARKHOKAGE
16. fusiongtxz
17. The Will
18. Panic King Panda
19. Masky
20. Danny
21. Seibrik
22. Clipp
23. Chaz
24. Tommy G
25. Bonesaw
26. Doodah

hardcore

Smash Cadet
Put me and my brother down as "hardy" and "softy" respectively,
there's a very high chance we'll show up.

Also, what's wrong with Delfino Plaza...?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Put me and my brother down as "hardy" and "softy" respectively,
there's a very high chance we'll show up.

Also, what's wrong with Delfino Plaza...?
It reminds me of Mute City and I always thought it was bad. It bothers me because when the stage goes up it doesn't really pick you up depending on where you're standing. But again, if everyone agrees then the stage doesn't have to be banned.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thank you! A tournaments thats finally not on a sat or sun. I work all weekend long... I'll be interested in coming for sure. I hope there will be plenty of TV's to play on.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
iight so lets say 60 people show up, multiplied by $15 gives you a total pot of $900... and you're saying that you are paying out only to the first place, which in this case would be $500, meaning that you are giving out 55% to the winner and keeping %45 of the total pot (in the case of 60 man tourney would be $400)... yeah...

Ruuku

Smash Lord
iight so lets say 60 people show up, multiplied by $15 gives you a total pot of $900... and you're saying that you are paying out only to the first place, which in this case would be $500, meaning that you are giving out 55% to the winner and keeping %45 of the total pot (in the case of 60 man tourney would be $400)... yeah...
Thank you for you observation, although I am quite well aware of that. Now, you should be aware that this isn't shown to be a pot tournament yet it technically is. You are thinking that $15 are going to the pot but that would be incorrect. Think about it as being $5 entrance and $10 tournament fee. With 60 people attending and $10 for the pot, the total would be $600. The usual payout of 70-20-10, would distribute $420, $120, and $60 for the top 3 winners. As you can see in the figure on page 1, the total amount is less but 1st place takes more ($500).

Now, you should also be aware that this is GameBreakers' first attempt to hosting a bigger Smash tournament. Depending on the turnout, they may actually let me have more input in their upcoming activities, which would allow me to bend a bit more to the will of the community.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
One week left and I need more people. I know it's on a Friday... Don't forget to let me know if there are issues with the stages. Also, there's no need for any of you to bring TVs. Wiis are welcomed but I don't believe that there will be an entrance fee discount.

Masky

Smash Master
Does the first post say that no custom control settings are allowed? So all players are forced to play with tap jump on? :/

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Does the first post say that no custom control settings are allowed? So all players are forced to play with tap jump on? :/
You're just not allowed to modify your actual controllers. Using the in-game button setting option in allowed.

Panic King Panda

Smash Rookie
I'd be cool with Delfino, as opposed to the Halberd. Not a big fan of stages that can kill you when you are like just moving around (I.e. those laz0r cannon things).

Sign Me Up~

Masky

Smash Master
Cool Ruuku, I thought that restriction was a little strange. Sign me up too.

Masky

Smash Master
Using a component cable and setting the Wii's resolution to 480p eliminates flatscreen lag, since the TV does not have to do additional processing to deinterlace the signal. There was lag on my flatscreen HDTV, and using a component cable solved the problem. I know that there are going to be multiple Wiis in use, but I only have one component cable I can bring. Does anyone else have one? If I bring a component video cable would we be able to use it?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the center's owner said he's planning on purchasing some but I know he hasn't done so yet. If you have component cables, feel free to bring them. Also, let me know if you can bring Wiis as well.

Top Bottom