• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMECUBE and WII CLASSIC CONTROLLER -BANNED-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
(Sorry if the official result has been posted already)
http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2008/07/gamecube-and-classic-controllers-banned.html

Gamecube and Classic controllers banned in US

Anascape, a texas based company, sued Nintendo for violating a patent of Anascape's controllers. Nintendo lost the lawsuit. Instead of paying the $21 Million bond, Nintendo has decided to take all the controllers off the shelves.

This isn't the first time Nintendo has been sued, but none have ended like this. As of July 23rd, no more Gamecube or Wii Classic controllers will be sold in the US.... bummer.

How will we play oldschool wii shop titles now?
Now you must all buy your Gamecube controllers in CANADA, muahaha

kr3wman

Smash Master
Who's Anascape anyway?

Since the Classic controller is modeled after the SNES controller, why would it reach it?

Krnxmatt7

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigkongboss
This goes BEYOND stupid. -_-

Seriously, what kind of company sues Nintendo's controller...well, apparently Anascape. :ohwell:

Ugh, time to go buy play asia JPN GC controllers: I heard they got some white controllers

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I hate all these ****ty little companies who sue the big three because they supposedly violated copyrights. It's BS, those companies have to do this to make money though otherwise they would go out of business because no one buys their ****.

Good news is I'm sure Nintendo will come up with a new version of the classic controller, maybe an even better one.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
GC controlers are still easy to get from those little VG pawn shops who sell used games and old stuff. I knew that GC controlers weren't being made anymore, but Classic controlers too?

Crank

Smash Apprentice
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS, IT IS FALSE. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A BAN PLACED ON THEM AS OF YET. THE SUIT WAS WON BY ANASCAPE BUT A BAN WILL NOT BE PLACED UNTIL AFTER NINTENDOS APPEAL, AND IF THEY LOSE IT THEY SHALL ACTUALLY BE BANNED.

The suit was WON on the 23rd, the controllers weren't banned on the 23rd.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
If you google Anascape, the only thing that comes up is their lawsuits lol. I think they are just a company that has a bunch of patents and lawyers.

I recommend getting a new controller soon if yours is old just as insurance. I just ordered the new white GC controller from Japan :] Can't wait!!!

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
well tan my hide...i sure do have the worst luck/timing...my ONLY gc controller just broke...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
wow. so, i gotta get a new controller, like, tomorrow and ****.

kr3wman

Smash Master
...Where is the Analscape HQ? Can't we go there and **** that place to convince them to drop the accusations?

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Who the hell is Anascape?
Despite the load of crap this whole thing is, it's not a huge deal. Everything that the classic controller could do, the GC controller could do. I honestly thought more people would have GC controllers in the first place, thus unless you were some collector or something the classic controllers would be pointless.

...Where is the Analscape HQ? Can't we go there and **** that place to convince them to drop the accusations?
Excellent idea. They're somewhere in Texas.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
If only Snake/MK(or falco) were real, I'd tell them to beat the crap out of them..... :p

****, I'll have to take care that my GC controller doesn't break, or else I'd get an Orange one from any website, My 2 Wavebirds are sorta busted.... :(

PS. Anascape are whores

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
This is actually old news. There were 2 other threads that discussed this already , but oh well. I'll humor you guys.

I highly doubt this is more than a fly of annoyance to Nin10doh. They'll probably just pay off Anascape or win the appeal to a higher court. If all else fails, a crowd of p;ssed of Nintendo hardcores will form around Anascape HQ and **** the living h3|| out of Anascape.

Warchamp7? I thought you were a mod at SBR? What are you doing here...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
WTF MAN? -_-
Fine. I'll have to get a new black one soon then.

The H Kid

Original
I can just see the future if the controllers are actually banned.....:
Setting: an alley behind gamestop
"So... you got the stuff?"
"I just got a fresh shipment last week." *shifty eyes then pulls out a black gcube controller*
"Sweet. This is some top notch stuff."
"And we got a new batch of Zamus pics if you're intrested"
"Not this week Jim. Not this week."

sorry for the unfunnyness. I am just to tired

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS, IT IS FALSE. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A BAN PLACED ON THEM AS OF YET. THE SUIT WAS WON BY ANASCAPE BUT A BAN WILL NOT BE PLACED UNTIL AFTER NINTENDOS APPEAL, AND IF THEY LOSE IT THEY SHALL ACTUALLY BE BANNED.

The suit was WON on the 23rd, the controllers weren't banned on the 23rd.
And as has been mentioned, there is a thread already about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom