• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube controller or Classic Controller?

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind when buying that you will gain an extra controller if you buy GC, but if you buy Classic you have to connect to an existing controller.

Personally I prefer GC controller anyway. =]

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Keep in mind when buying that you will gain an extra controller if you buy GC, but if you buy Classic you have to connect to an existing controller.

Personally I prefer GC controller anyway. =]
Personally, I prefer the air!

Anyways, I use the GC controller because of it's comfortability and I'm used to it because of playing so much Melee. I thought there was a thread for this already.... w/e

Pero

Smash Apprentice
I chose classic for a different feel...so Gamecube if u wanna feel comfortable...classic if u want alittle bit of new experience not too much though. Almost exactly the same...lol

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
GC controller all the way.

The big gripe that I have about the Classic Controller is that if you press the analog sticks in towards each other, your fingers touch. I feel like I'd slice my thumbs open with my nails if I played with the **** thing.

Also, I've just used the GC controller forever so I'm used to it.

Pero

Smash Apprentice
classic play isnt that horriable and u never need to push them together... ._.,
and If P-Diddy can get a manacure u can to u...wildabeast...
(j/k)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly Gamecube controller, but I suggest you buy the new Wii vesrion of it which is basically a white Gamecube controller with a 3M cord

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
How'd you get a picture of my floating controller and my blank white wallpaper?... stalker
lol That's the only thing I use on my GC controller for brawl and melee
Personally, I never tried the classic.
This may seem narrow-minded, but why would anyone WANT to play with another controller?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Classic has a c-stick and extra buttons gc doesn't have. >_>

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I don't think it really matters. I bought a Classic controller because they are easier to find and I don't like having a controller come of of the wii......lame reason I know. Also because with our set up we'd pretty much have to use wavebirds (or buy a GCN extension cord) and they are a lot more expensive then a classic controller and harder to find. I actually like the buttons better on the classic controller too. But the GCN is more comfortable.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The classic controller HAS a second analog stick. Please quit ASKING "Dude, how do you play without a C-stick". I don't. Mine's just bigger.

Both are good controllers. With little doubt. It's easier to taunt on the classic.

GrEeLeYeStAtEs

Smash Rookie
my gamecube controller had war signs and the stick will not be sooo comfortable without a part of it XD
i only want to ask if the classic controller is the same as the gc (the c stick can be used as smash???)

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
gamecube controller fanboys.
CONTROLLER DOESNT MATTER(cept wiimote)
there is nothing wiimote+nc-Gamecube controller or classic controller can do that the other cant.
Learn to set up button controls

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
With the obvious fact that GC has the c-stick, I feel tha it's better contoured to fit your hand, and the placement for A, B, X, and Y are a lot better. And c-stick. But try them both anyway, and if you prefer the classic, I say go for it.

paul1290

Smash Rookie
With a classic controller you don't really have to tap the stick to do a smash attack and doing a tilt only requires an ever so slight push.

I guess that could go either way depending on whether or not you have problems doing tilts. If you can do tilts and smash attacks with the classic controller you do eliminate some human lag because of the shorter distance your fingers have to travel, but I'd imagine the difference would be so small that the effort needed to get used to it after using the GC controller for so long would more than offset it.

Also you have jump buttons right next to both the A and the B button on the classic controller. So if you play a character where short hopping B attacks is important then that could help somewhat.

Other than that they're similar enough that your choice between the two probably wouldn't help or hurt you much at all.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
GC definitely.

My GC broke and I'm using a CC til my new controller comes in the mail...I don't like it at all

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
The Classic Controller has more buttons. It allows for more customization of controls. If people are willing to break old habits, they will see how the Classic Controller allows for optimal play.

Using Zr for jump is too amazing.

It like clawing without sacrificing your hand position.

Try it.

Shana

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but if you were referring to the lawsuit -

Nintendo is appealing it because a patent on all joysticks is too broad and if they still lose they can still settle then make more controllers.

No reason not to use the GameCube Controller tbh. I know it is a little rough to find them if you live in small areas, but you can order nice ones from PlayAsia (the white ones XD).

L__

Smash Master
I wish everyone would point out the fact that this is only in America. People who haven't heard of this might freakout and buy 100 controllers...

Roller

Smash Legend
I wish everyone would point out the fact that this is only in America. People who haven't heard of this might freakout and buy 100 controllers...
THANK GOD YOU TOLD ME!

(i'm actually being serious thar, I was about to get like 4 (and I already have 9 (some are broken) lol)

Top Bottom