• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Users: What are your settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Since I've lost my 64 adapter, I've been using my GCN controller for online smash. I remember, back in the day, the controller gave me a few issues but I never addressed anyone about the situations I was having because they were tolerable. Now that I've got back into the game, I can't seem to find the right settings.

I'm using a 3-in-1 Magic Joy box (Image below):

So, if other gamecube users, preferably those who use 3-in-1 Magic Joy box, would post their settings in this thread, that would be great. Plugins can be anything, as long as it works well.

okisme

Smash Cadet
i have that same exact adapter but i dont use it because the shoulder buttons fail

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Mm, as long as you use it on Nrage, the settings are fine. I use a ps2 (don't want to confuse melee and 64 muscle memory), but I've had two people use the cube controller and say it needed to be a bit more sensitive.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I know it works fine. People don't seem to understand that I can use my controller perfectly fine. I'm just looking for settings that most people use so the controller works more properly. Like, right now, I can't DI worth ****. If I do make it where I can DI, then I can't do a lot of other stuff.

It would probably help if I knew more about what threshold and deadzone mean.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Don't do it if you play Melee or Brawl with it, as it'll just **** your tech skill in both games. I'd suggest a ps2 or actual n64 stick if you can. Aside from the Hori pad, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom