• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameFAQs Finds the Amount of Characters this game shall have

This is pretty rediculous.

How do we even know if those blured images are of the actual character selection screen and not just a pixelated image overlapping it?

*sigh* Why must people insist on making something out of nothing?

burrito

Smash Lord
Production for Brawl began in October 2005, and as of now it has been in production for approximately one year and eight months. If it is released during this year as planned, it will have been in development for around 2 years.

Production on Melee began July 1999, and it was released in December 2001, approximately 2 and a half years, nearly six months longer than Brawl will have been in production if it is released this year.
Really? If you say so, I just hope that Brawl isn't rushed like Melee was. I would gladly wait longer for Brawl to be complete.

Anyway, my other points are still valid.

smash_rob

Smash Rookie
Really? If you say so, I just hope that Brawl isn't rushed like Melee was. I would gladly wait longer for Brawl to be complete.

Anyway, my other points are still valid.
ummm, melee was rushed? and what is soo bad about melee because it was rushed? melee seemed to do pretty well for itself despite the fact that it was "rushed"

even if it's just speculation he still did a pretty awesome job with what he had! mad props for the attempt, i enjoyed it ^_^

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Who hoo, I did this same exact thing with MS Paint. What did I conclude? That while you could figure out some interesting proportions and whatnot, you really couldn't determine the EXACT spot the character box ended, and with an error like that, you could EASILY fit another character or two per row which ends up adding 5-10 extra characters...pretty big mistake I'd say.

In any case, it does seem the character boxes are about the same size (proportionally to the big character slots) as in Melee, but it is impossible to tell exactly where they begin and end and everything will give you a rough idea, and that is really no big deal. It's like smash icon discovery...oh, there will likely be at least one extra series added for Brawl. That's a no brainer. If they add any new 3rd party, we'll have a new series. Just like this...there are at least 36 chars, well duh. I could have told you that already. But, IMO, I think that number is far too low.

Compare the following

(do you realize how hard it is to find a melee character selection screen on google image search? try it sometime)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You know, it could be possile instead of adding 3 characters on each to side, to just add four to one side and the scoot it over slightly to even it out, resulting in 40 characters exactly. I figured it would be about 40ish anyways.

burrito

Smash Lord
ummm, melee was rushed? and what is soo bad about melee because it was rushed? melee seemed to do pretty well for itself despite the fact that it was "rushed"
Yes, it was. Many characters and things that Sakurai intended on including, he wasn't able to, because the game was rushed. For example, there was supposed to be a Fire Emblem stage in Melee and Ganondorf was supposed to have an orginal moveset. None of these things were included because they ran out of time.

I want all the content that Sakurai plans for Smash Bro. Brawl to be in there, considering that we won't be able to play another Smash Bros. game for a long time and even when we do it probably won't be worked on by Sakurai. If they need more time to perfect the game that I will be playing for the next 5 years of my life, I wouldn't mind.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The assumption that they would fill all available space evenly with characters is grossly innaccurate. Look at the character selection screen in melee - it's not only not space filling, but it's also not regularly repeating. The level selection screen underscores this even more.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
This seemed pretty smart to me. I never really noticed it before but it is a reasonable logic.

It also has numbers close to what people predict though I hope that there are more.

Top Bottom