• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot December Monthly: Holiday Brawl (12/6/08) San Antonio, TX(MK IS BANNED)

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
This is the last tournament for the year of 2008!!! So come down and bring your A-Game!!!!

WE NEED CONSOLES AND COPIES OF THE GAMES.

-PS3's
-PS2's
-Dreamcasts
-Wii's

IF YOU CAN BRING AN EXTRA TV, THAT TOO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. If people want their matches recorded please bring equipment.

And while it's usually obvious: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I CAN'T BRING A CONTROLLER FOR YOU! (Okay, maybe a few loaners.....) but please seriously bring it. It holds up the tournament if you have to constantly borrow someone's controller or someone else has loaned it out.

Where:

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
(At Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.)
210-684-0101

Events:

Doors open at 12:00 pm.

SSBB: 1pm
SSBB Teams: 2pm
SSBM: 3pm
SSBM Teams: After Singles
SC4: 3pm
T5 DR: After SC4
MvC2: 4pm

The schedule is currently under development. Final Schedule to be posted at a later time.

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 for a wristband. You will need this to be allowed into the tournament area. NO Exceptions

Each game will be $10.00 to enter.

To make it simple: One game is $15, two is $25, and so on.

Prize Layout:

All events will pay out as such:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

General Rules:

Double Elimination
Rounds: 3/5 (2/3 for 3rd Strike)
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers) will be best 3/5 matches
Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches

Pausing will result in the loss of a round unless the opponent lets it slide.

All button changes MUST BE DONE before the rounds begin. Binding is allowed, macros and other controller enhancements are banned.

If any rules are broken, you should report WHEN IT HAPPENS, not after the fact.

Game Specific Rules:

***Soul Calibur IV***

There will be both Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles available. If both players wish to play their match on Xbox 360, that is fine. However, PS3 is the nationals standard, therefore it will have priority when two players argue over what machine to play on. (Besides, it's no secret the 360 controller just plain isn't that good for fighting games)

Banned Characters:
Guest Characters, Custom characters (Color/costume edits are still allowed), Algol and Yoda/Darth Vader are banned from use in the tournament.

First match can opt for a blind pick, first stage is random.
Winner stays character.
Loser can change character and choose to change stage HOWEVER, it still stays as random stage select.

***Marvel vs Capcom 2***
You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

***Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection***
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds the match judge will enforce blind random stage select.
Jinpachi is banned from tournament play.

***Super Smash Bros Brawl***l

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
CORNERIA!!!!
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship

Everything else is banned.

No items
Time Limit: 7 minutes
3 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

At the start of the first round, players flip a coin. Players then take turns to elminate stages one by one until there is only one remaining. The remaining stage will be used.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

ALL Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

HYPE SON HYPE!!!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOOOVVVVEEE The ruleset :) <3.

Should be really fun. Don't change anything! XD.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Also you guys should host a smash 64 tourny :)

will there be brawl doubles?

And why did you guys ban Mortal Kombat? :(

lol jk im so happy

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Also you guys should host a smash 64 tourny :)

will there be brawl doubles?
We will have to see about the doubles...if there is enough players for the tournament, then i don't see a problem with that.

About the smash 64 tournament...i'll ban every character except Ness :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Looks awesome. I would also like it if there were doubles.

And Hylian, if you come down, there will be DP with your name on it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wait...where is Corneria?

>_>.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Thats alot of neutrals, but the striking system makes up for it

If felt weird seeing a gamelot tourny and it wasnt created by KM lol. I thought he was gonna do melee for december? D:

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Corneria has been added to the counterpick list

Also, i'm not too sure about melee @ this time, i'm not trying to out-do Final Smash...that's being planned for January....

BUT.....if there's enough demand...i'll think about throwin in Melee....

and remember....rules are subject to change :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sethlon! :D
$5 MM
My Marth vs. Your Roy
I wanna get ***** again lol. I'll bring my cube and take up a corner of the venue

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I don't think I will be attending this tourney. I think I have U.I.L. that day.

Might go this Wednesday though.
Go this week so i can finally remember who you are >.<

And **** Chicken, wheres Kyle in all this? Did he just die or what?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Go this week so i can finally remember who you are >.<

And **** Chicken, wheres Kyle in all this? Did he just die or what?
Ummmm.... this was put up without my knowledge...... not what I had in mind, especially since half of the Marvel players have to travel. They advised against holding a December tournament at all.

Although if we stick with this, I wouldn't mind having a nice and simple Melee tournament on December 20th :)

In truth, Cliff just suggested me and Chickenwing do different games at different days, at least for now and January (because of Final Smash 5 being Smash only). My plan was to announce Brawl and Melee for December 20th. It will be after finals, people that live in SA will be back for the holidays (hey maybe Trail, aka the IC's player from Chicago can join us), and there's more time for people to make plans. 3 weeks like this and it will be a small turnout like Gamelot Monthly 2.

I've been busy all day, but I will discuss everything this Wednesday, so I want everyone in SA to be there so I can have an open discussion about the future of the Gamelot tournaments (no, I'm not retiring or anything, I just need input).

See ya'll Wednesday.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
This is probably my last tournament for the year, because December will have all kinds of nasty finals and other stuff for me to deal with. So this is going to be a heck of a lot more ambitious than the last two.
You also did say that november's tournament was probably going to be your last tournament due to finals with school and such. ALSO, you pointed out that you didn't want to do Brawl, but cliff made you do it and you RANDOMLY obtained 39 participants.....:) Just stating the facts.

The main purpose of this is to allow as Much time as possible between december's monthly and FS5. (since it's strictly going to be Smash) Also, Before i left on saturday, i told you December 6th was going to be the day. did you think that i wasn't kidding about this? We couldn't do much on the 13th because of Yu-Gi-Oh!. And also, on the 20th, who's to say that people won't be traveling on the 20th for xmas.

As far as other games that we were supposed to do....cliff was talking about the Genres....NOT the acutal games themselves. I'm working on Halo 3. The FPS Genre, Yes, that will have another time and date seperate from the Smash/SC Monthly, but that in itself is another issue. So far, this isn't too much negativity on the date for the matter. (plus people seem to like that MK wasn't banned....) but it's your wish, if you choose to talk about this on Wednesday, i will try to make it out there, being the fact that i don't have a car doesn't favor that idea right now....

Anywho.....*gets ready for another day @ work*

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I like how all the city boards were spammed with how San Antonio was the last city with Metaknight not banned and then this happens. LOLtacular.

You should probably remove Green Hill Zone. I hear a couple of pretty popular characters can abuse that stages pretty efficiently.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like how all the city boards were spammed with how San Antonio was the last city with Metaknight not banned and then this happens. LOLtacular.

You should probably remove Green Hill Zone. I hear a couple of pretty popular characters can abuse that stages pretty efficiently.
;_;

I was gonna use GHZ for Sonic...

I think KM said that this was a one-time dealy or something like that, like HOBO12.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Any OoT players coming to this one? I should be going, assuming I'm notbroke >.>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
;_;

I was gonna use GHZ for Sonic...

I think KM said that this was a one-time dealy or something like that, like HOBO12.
This is a one time. Everyone was bugging me about it before Gamelot Monthly 3, and since it's the holidays I think we can let it slide.

Personally I'd rather hold a Brawl+ tournament but eh.

I'm think I will just go with the Dec 6th date. If I want to have a simple gathering later in the December, I'll probably just leave it to the Wednesday games.

This Wednesday will be mini tournament discussion. For simplicities sake I'd like them to be single elim unless it's a small turnout (i.e. like 12 or less.)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Sethlon goes where he wants and ***** who he wants. No questions asked.

I can do the 6th of next month. And if the mini tourney this Wednesday, then let it be Brawl+. Let me know if its L-cancel or S-cancel in Brawl+

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes Sethlon, go to Dallas...
You know you want to...

I wouldn't mind a Brawl+ tournament on any day either. Just let me know so I can bring my Wii, since I have Brawl+ on it as well.

What time will the mini-tourneys on Wednesdays start? I just realized I probably won't even be able to enter them, since I get there so ****ed late.

I'll play Melee too, but I prefer Brawl so much more.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Drew: i didn't realize that the your tournament is on the the same date. for that i apologize. But i wanted everyone to make sure that i'm not trying to make this like FS. I know that's going to be a Smash Major for SA, but no info is out on that as of yet. I'm not running that show, apprantly that's in the hands of KM himself ;)

About the Melee Tournament: It's not because of the fact that i didn't want to have a melee tournament, it's just that right now i don't have an offical time slot for the tournament as of yet. So keep this in Mind, YES, there will be a Melee tournament, just keep a look out on the time of the tournament. OK??!?! ok...:)

Brawl+ Tournaments: According to NVGA and the Houston Chapter, they will NOT be part of the offical line-up for the tourmanets that we hold, UNLESS they are side tournaments only. I understand that some of you like to play brawl+, however, in order for to look good for NVGA, we have to be consistent. In which is sometimes, we're not.

MK's Banishment: That's offical and is NOT changing, word is, that something big is going to go down and they're making the offical rules with MK being banned..So it's official for SA as of December 6th.

Thank You!!!

:)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
[QUOTE

MK's Banishment: That's offical and is NOT changing, word is, that something big is going to go down and they're making the offical rules with MK being banned..So it's official for SA as of December 6th.

Thank You!!!

:)[/QUOTE]

Official as in never again? :bee:

EDIT: messed up his quote >_>

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
lol @ making speculations before the official rule is announced. Those rumors have been flying around forever dude.

And I wasn't trying to get you to change your mind, I don't care what your rules are. It's your tournament and your decision, I was just laughing at the irony. And now I'm laughing at you jumping the gun based on a rumor :D

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Infinity: My decision has nothing to do with what speculation that has been going on for god knows how long. My decision is based of the info i'm receiving from the houston chapter of NVGA. From what i can gather, some parts of the country ban him while others do not. I chose to ban him to see how it would run here....

Suspect: My bad, i was unclear on how i wrote that that rule. As of right now, he is banned from THIS tournament for sure. Remember, i can't touch Final Smash because KM is running that. But as for the future is concerned, THAT part of the ruleset for us is unclear at this time. Again, that's my fault for not being too clear i was at work and only had a 10min break, so i was unable to go over what i wrote. Again, that's my bad.

By any chance, does anyone have a list on who played who at the last tournament?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Infinity: My decision has nothing to do with what speculation that has been going on for god knows how long. My decision is based of the info i'm receiving from the houston chapter of NVGA. From what i can gather, some parts of the country ban him while others do not. I chose to ban him to see how it would run here....

Suspect: My bad, i was unclear on how i wrote that that rule. As of right now, he is banned from THIS tournament for sure. Remember, i can't touch Final Smash because KM is running that. But as for the future is concerned, THAT part of the ruleset for us is unclear at this time. Again, that's my fault for not being too clear i was at work and only had a 10min break, so i was unable to go over what i wrote. Again, that's my bad.

By any chance, does anyone have a list on who played who at the last tournament?

From what i know....

1: Sethlon -Falco
2: Puffball -Sonic
3: PozerWolf -Snake
4: Dr Mario Kart-MK
5: Kikaioh-MK (i think)
5: Zaiah-Falco
7: JUJ-MK/D3
7: K Prime-Pika
9: MorningStar-Snake
9: Suspect-Kirby/Peach
9: K dawg
9: BAD-IC/?
13: DSB
13: Greyfox-Snake/Zelda
13: Erick
13: NESS Baby- Ness/Yoshi/MK
17: ROB69
17: Over-All
17: No Casualties
17: Geoberos-Diddy
17: B
17: IT-Wolf/TL
17: Joo-Lucas
17: RayO
25: DiversiD
25: Jerem
25: Kyronexx-Ness
25: Red X
25: Mr. 12345
25: Jambi
25: ZA17
25: Gman
33: JEO
33: Destiny
33: FKFC
33: Infamous Mars
33: X
49: FD
49: Jipple

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Attending December's Gamelot is 50/50 for me. It'll depend if I don't spend my last $20 in cash before the date or my parents get tired of me going to parties in which it's the excuse I use to get out of the house.

I was looking forward to playing Grayfox again.
~Geoberos

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
From what i know....

1: Sethlon -Falco
2: Puffball -Sonic
3: PozerWolf -Snake
4: Dr Mario Kart-MK
5: Kikaioh-MK (i think)
5: Zaiah-Falco
7: JUJ-MK/D3
7: K Prime-Pika
9: MorningStar-Snake
9: Suspect-Kirby/Peach
9: K dawg
9: BAD-IC/?
13: DSB

13: Greyfox-Zelda/Snake
13: Erick
13: NESS Baby- Ness/Yoshi/MK
17: ROB69
17: Over-All
17: No Casualties
17: Geoberos-Diddy
17: B
17: IT-Wolf/TL
17: Joo-Lucas
17: RayO
25: DiversiD
25: Jerem
25: Kyronexx-Ness
25: Red X
25: Mr. 12345
25: Jambi
25: ZA17
25: Gman
33: JEO
33: Destiny
33: FKFC
33: Infamous Mars
33: X
49: FD
49: Jipple

It's Zelda THEN Snake. Never the other way around.

Thank you and Yes i would love to play you again Geo. You coming this Wednesday?

Top Bottom