• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamePad VA Presents: Final Destination - Aug. 21, 2010 (an MD/VA Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Hm, I saw only up to 49th place at that tourney, which means there were around 60-70 max. Still though, good job reppin Ness. However I won the illustrious 6 man Gamepad tourney, beating out amazing players like BMX who constantly wins money in teams, and Lykeios who defeated Boss at the last Gamepad. I'm the best player ever, so this was nothing to me.

I opted to go to Gamepad last weekend since it was closer, and more of a challenge. I mean anyone can beat Ally, Chu, ADHD, Neo, Atomsk, etc. If they decide to donate their money to me by coming to this, I suppose I can't stop them.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Seriously

there was like 50 people -___-

edit: @ rpg: if it says 49th by your name you got last, just like everyone else that got a 49 by there name. We don't play out for exact placement

BMX

Smash Lord
Hm, I saw only up to 49th place at that tourney, which means there were around 60-70 max. Still though, good job reppin Ness. However I won the illustrious 6 man Gamepad tourney, beating out amazing players like BMX who constantly wins money in teams, and Lykeios who defeated Boss at the last Gamepad. I'm the best player ever, so this was nothing to me.

I opted to go to Gamepad last weekend since it was closer, and more of a challenge. I mean anyone can beat Ally, Chu, ADHD, Neo, Atomsk, etc. If they decide to donate their money to me by coming to this, I suppose I can't stop them.
freaking lold xD

edit: true, so rpg got the D.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
No one got the sarcasm?

**** internet... XD

Also woah 80 people? Thats awesome.

EDIT: I guess I need to work on my trolling. Clearly. XD

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I will be here as usual to help out if needed, probably no Brawl for me though.. just bringing a setup and coming for that Super Street Fighter 4!

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
^ Will you guys be able to provide an arcade stick for PS2? I can play a bit on pad but if you had a stick, I'm sure many people would enter. I know Mattix and I would enter for sure.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
TDK,

We will run the 3S tournament on our 360s using the Anniversary Collection for Xbox. We have two copies, but would always welcome some more. Will be looking to get another one before the tournament.

edit: Starting a confirm list, so please confirm if you have not yet already. It's the last tournament before that major tournament that we dare not mention for copyright reasons...so get hyped!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually, looks like we might skip out on MLG as it is going to be in DC in october, so I won't mind driving for this and spending some cash

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
TDK,

We will run the 3S tournament on our 360s using the Anniversary Collection for Xbox. We have two copies, but would always welcome some more. Will be looking to get another one before the tournament.

edit: Starting a confirm list, so please confirm if you have not yet already. It's the last tournament before that major tournament that we dare not mention for copyright reasons...so get hyped!
Xbox...?

Your POSITIVE you can run it on PS2?

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Yeah XBOX is not arcade-perfect. I play Yun/Yang so I don't have a problem but yeah, depends on who people play.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
I'll make this, but when I win again, and get top 5 in SSF4 again, I want a results thread as promised. I know my victory was too one-sided and dominant to post on the boards, but it was well deserved. Of course it would discourage brawl newcomers like Candy , Betazealot, and G-reg, but that is the price of my skills.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'll make this, but when I win again, and get top 5 in SSF4 again, I want a results thread as promised. I know my victory was too one-sided and dominant to post on the boards, but it was well deserved. Of course it would discourage brawl newcomers like Candy , Betazealot, and G-reg, but that is the price of my skills.
*Facepalm*

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

We were going to do it on 360 just because of the convenience. We already will have 8 360s hooked up and everyone will have a 360 stick. What are the problems with the Xbox version of it?

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Actually, the Xbox version isn't that much of an issue. The PS2 is the preferred version, but the Xbox version should be fine, I believe there are only slight differences in timing, it's not like the Dreamcast version where Urien's unblockable setups don't work, Oro's chicken kick juggles too many times, and Ibuki has an unblockable that she shouldn't. Seeing as how it's not a national tourney or anything, Xbox should be fine.

And the fact that you have sticks for use is a huge plus.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Theres a lot of specific issues frame wise with Alex and Necro. Also some of the DC issues carry over to Xbox aswell.

I will still bring my PS2 setup though if thats okay.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Good thing those characters are lower and nobody plays them!

JK, I think most people will be playing on the 360, especially if people don't have sticks. This is a side event afterall, I do wish I hadn't sold my PS2 stick though. I had the best one on the market, the hori pro SA2.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Well if its a side event maybe we would just need to unplug a 360 out of one TV, and put my PS2 in place of that TV and run the 3s side event on one setup.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
We'll try to grab some input from our weekly SSF4 regulars that will be participating. The only concern with running it on the PS2 is that not many folks still have PS2 sticks.

The weekly SSF4 tournament is Fridays at 6pm for those that don't know...strong local presence every week and occasionally a good NoVA and/or Richmond presence.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
We decided that we're going to run it on the 360 since everyone will already have a stick for it. In the future we may revisit the possibility of running it on PS2 (when it's not a side event).

It will be a $3 buy in going 100% to the winner.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely!

We have our radio ad on B101.5 and will begin passing out fliers today. Should be a very strong local turnout, so let's get some out of towners in here to mix things up!

This is getting a lot of attention from the Street Fighter crowd. We had 20 folks show up for our SSF4 weekly on Friday and many of the newbies said they would be here for the 21st.

Also getting a lot of attention for the MvC2 side event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom