• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamePad VA Presents: Saffron City Blues - July 23, 2010 (an MD/VA Melee/SSB64 Event)

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Keeping good on our promise to deliver four monthly tournaments this summer,

Presents
Saffron City Blues

TOURNAMENTS
FRIDAY July 23, 2010
AT GAMEPAD!

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Pricing:
• $7.00 Venue Fee
• $10.00 SSBM Singles Fee
• $10.00 SSBM Doubles Fee/person
• $3 SSB64 Singles Fee

Schedule:
• 10:00 AM – Spotsylvania Towne Centre Opens/Registration Begins
• 10:00 AM-11:00 PM – Warm-up period
• 11:00 AM – Doubles Tournament Begins
• Singles Tournament will begin immediately following SSBM doubles
• SSB64 Tournament will begin immediately following SSBM singles
• All sets will be open for casuals/money matches/crew battles from the end of the singles until 9:30 PM

Prizes:
• Singles pot split 60/20/10/5/2.5x2
• Doubles pot split 60/30/10

Perks
• The first 5 players to provide a copy of SSBM will get $2 off their venue fee.
• As usual, probably something food related...will update as the date nears.

General Rules:
• BYOC
• MLG Ruleset
• No turbo or modified controllers
• No pausing; intentional pausing will result in a forfeit.
• Ties will be broken by a sudden death match, 1 stock. First player out loses.
• PLEASE be on time; we cannot allow the tournament to be held up.
• No shows will be handed a loss after 2 minutes; in order to hold all three events we must be more strict about it this time around.
• First stage will be random; loser picks next stage. DSR is not in effect.

Melee Rules
1v1 Settings
• 4 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
2v2 Settings
• 4 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
• Team Attack = On
Available Stages:
• Battlefield
• Dream Land
• Final Destination
• Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
• Pokemon Stadium
• Yoshi's Story

SSB64 Rules
1v1 Settings
• 4 Stock
• Items Off
• 100% Damage
• Handicap off
Available Stages:
• Congo Jungle
• Dream Land
• Hyrule Castle
• Peach's Castle
• Saffron City

GamePad is a LAN center located between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA. We are the only center in the area fully participating in the GG Circuit. Our location has 36 Xbox 360s, 3 PS3s and 2 Wiis hooked up to 20 32" 1080p HDTVs, 19 23" 720p HDTVs, a 40" 1080p HDTV and a 23" SDTV that is wholly dedicated to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
melee?
am interested!
Awesome! Everyone hype this! There hasn't been a Melee event in Fredericksburg for quite some time.

We're working on bringing back the food perks from this past weekend. If you know someone who wasn't here last weekend, let them know what they missed out on!

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up to everyone...

We will be having radio spots and some other forms of local advertising for our last two summer tournaments. This means more folks showing up. As I'm sure you all know, more folks means bigger pots!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm not good at Melee, but I should be coming to this to show my support. Gamepad Too goodz. :)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if turnout looks to be decent we'll try and make it down to this. itll be interesting how many entrants there will be on a friday.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
There is a good amount of local interest in this based upon the in store inquiries lately. Everyone show up and prove that Melee is not dead!

h0t$

Smash Cadet
[B said:
Melee Rules[/B]
1v1 Settings
• 3 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
2v2 Settings
• 3 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
• Team Attack = On
Available Stages:
• Battlefield
• Dream Land
• Final Destination
• Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
• Pokemon Stadium
• Yoshi's Story
3 stocks for melee? is that a typo, or on purpose.. just curious :confused:

h0t$

Smash Cadet
so do I have to show up at 10 to register, cause i prob wont show until doubles are going on. i.e. can i register singles, when doubles is going on?

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
You can register for either event until they start (so yes, you can register for singles while doubles is going on).

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Not many folks here as of yet...will definitely hold off if anyone is interested in coming. Don't let Melee die!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
the core of md/va's melee scene works on fridays and is north of baltimore or so and not in the DC region. It could be as far as a 2.5 hour drive to come to this for them, so that could explain the low turnout.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
There is a good amount of local interest in this based upon the in store inquiries lately. Everyone show up and prove that Melee is not dead!
if theres a good amount of local interest then ill think about coming to future events. how many did you get on friday? even 10 people from fredericksburg alone would shock me, i didnt expect nearly that much which was why i didnt go.

the core of md/va's melee scene works on fridays and is north of baltimore or so and not in the DC region. It could be as far as a 2.5 hour drive to come to this for them, so that could explain the low turnout.
wtf are you talking about tant? md/va's core melee scene lives north of baltimore? care to elaborate on how extremely inaccurate that post was?

Top Bottom