• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge Cafe Presents: Judgement! 01/31 Melee / Brawl Tournament. Fort Mill, SC

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Let's hope not.

This is a bump. HYPE UP! LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY! ENERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGY

The Director

Smash Lord
I won't get my azz handed to me like the first GE event I went to! lol
I think I had a hand in that. Don't let it discourage you. I've been getting my *** beat in the past couple weeks, mostly because of bad decisions. (character choices, anyone??)

Atleast we have a little under a month to train.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got the first hand experience in beimng stage spiked!
NO JOHNS, but I didn't own the game then I just played over friends house.....as a matter of fact I still am doing that! lolz

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
wow awesome. Im definitely coming crio. im relatively new to smash and definitely new to tourney's so ill at least sweeten the pot for you guys, lol. but im definitely not OOS, although i have invited some NC friends. Duo55, and Mitsurugi are going to try and make it but no promises. but all i have to say is... FINALLY SOME SC TOURNEYS!!! lol im excited, cant wait!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
wow awesome. Im definitely coming crio. im relatively new to smash and definitely new to tourney's so ill at least sweeten the pot for you guys, lol. but im definitely not OOS, although i have invited some NC friends. Duo55, and Mitsurugi are going to try and make it but no promises. but all i have to say is... FINALLY SOME SC TOURNEYS!!! lol im excited, cant wait!
I know Duo and Mitsu, I think I met them at C3. Awesome if you can come, definitely.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
I know Duo and Mitsu, I think I met them at C3. Awesome if you can come, definitely.
Awesome, yeah duo and mitsu are good friends of mine irl, they pretty much taught me how to play competetive smash. i was telling duo about the tournament and i mentioned you were hosting and he remembered you too.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Hmm, ahh crio I think I remember you from C3. Hey you get 40+ ppl to this thing, and me and several friend s will come for sure. If its under that, I still may come if I got nothing to do, but I can't promise a possy. And got to throw a shout out to my dark apprentice Kuja. Get a wii so you can actually.. ya know... PRACTICE!! Also, don't even try to use an HDTV for tournament... those things have imput lag like the devil. I'll also bring two or more tvs if I come.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Hmm, ahh crio I think I remember you from C3. Hey you get 40+ ppl to this thing, and me and several friend s will come for sure. If its under that, I still may come if I got nothing to do, but I can't promise a possy. And got to throw a shout out to my dark apprentice Kuja. Get a wii so you can actually.. ya know... PRACTICE!! Also, don't even try to use an HDTV for tournament... those things have imput lag like the devil. I'll also bring two or more tvs if I come.
I'm aiming for around 40 peeps. We generally get a good number of locals at the weeklies, and I did some local flyer work, so I'd expect more than usual.

As far as smashboard folks go, The OOS interest is a bit less than I would hope, but I've got some people coming from various places.

I think you should show up anyway so we can Fox ditto MM.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
lol im working on that duo... it is very tough to stay sharp without a wii :p

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Crio, I'm coming with at least 3 people, trying to get more. Is it cool if we all come sometime Friday during the day or is night better?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Crio, I'm coming with at least 3 people, trying to get more. Is it cool if we all come sometime Friday during the day or is night better?
Whatever works for you man. I don't have a job right now, so my only stated obligation is managing this tourney. I don't mind either way.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
I very well might go. Depends on if I stop sucking anytime soon... need to practice. Would still be fun regardless though.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
man i want 2 come 2 this sooo bad, i've never been to an out of state tourney before and this sounds fun...

so hopefully, i'll have some $$ by then... and i MIGHT be able 2 drive down there... who knows... what the hayel

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
Boss was beast in melee though.

And he's just amazing. I played him at C3.
yeah i was never that good at melee. i mean sure, i enjoyed it as much as anyone else, but i just didnt devote the hours it took to be good at it. i DO own that game, but you cant really get good just playing level 9 computers all the time. comps dont teach techs. lol

Duo55

Smash Ace
Boss placed 4th at Cataclysm 4 and he doesnt have a Wii =x He plays Mario and Luigi too!
Boss also lives very close to the best smash tournament scene in the world, and goes to tournament very often. Not downing his skillz ofcourse but thats a pretty big advantage. Hes my mario role model XD he is fun to fight as well.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
K confirmed
so far I'm coming with reflex,desu,and kismet (and myself). Might get one more but thats whose definitly comin up.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Duly noted. Can't wait to play you Killer. Olimar is my worst matchup due to inexperience.

The Director

Smash Lord
On the front page it says the 31st could be a tentative date. I think its safe to say that date is a lock now?

Also, I think we should set time aside for crew battles...

Top Bottom