• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Jman, you really surprise me with Sonic. You really got some tricks. Keep on working on it and I'm sure you'll be up to par with everyone soon.

Ali, where were you at, huh? I probably shouldn't complain, though. If you were there I might of not placed top three. :p

RYAN! I hate you... Can I come over?

This is Khai, BTW.

This first part, i seriously died a bit inside, lol. But for realz, i consistently perform well, no johns but yea... i tend to get knocked out by peter, ali, or joe, who place top 3 respsectivley usually, so i get 4-7th up till now... im jus sayin'

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Jman, my bad, man. I didn't mean to make it sound like you're not on a level with the placers or what not. What I meant was keep on doing what you're doing and sooner or later matches between you and the people you say you lose to would be more like 50/50. I don't think stage spikes on me will be something you should expect on me next time around. ;)

Is throwing stuff well what you guys think of me? I mean. I play DK too. Oh, wait, I like to throw people against the edge with DK. :) I have a few other tricks. Some old, some recent. I'm just unsure of them thanks to Ryan. RYAN!!!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Oh, no i only played you guys once, im down for it again, ask Joe how DK fairs against Sonic (tripping sucks and is a free 50%, but otherwise, lol)

"Now i'll show you!" xD. I dont have real issues, its 50/50, i only played Peter for instance 1 tourny before, and we friendlied yesterday for the first time since then, 2-1 Peter
Edit: Mostly... spiking Sonic is futile... lol, SPRING!!! xD. unles he's got... 140+ dmg... then still... other options are better suited..

Oh, are you guys coming again soon? and
@Joe: Did u for sure still want Unchartered?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Is throwing stuff well what you guys think of me? I mean. I play DK too. Oh, wait, I like to throw people against the edge with DK. :) I have a few other tricks. Some old, some recent. I'm just unsure of them thanks to Ryan. RYAN!!!

I was stage spiked by him. :ohwell:

Next weeks low tier should be lol. I like how it didn't in any way shape or form limit my character choices. I've played half of the bloody cast in tournament play.

I really... really should focus on a main...

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
ptown: Great matches yesterday. Your ZSS is crazy good.

Everyone: If anyone says they beat Peter's ZSS, they are lying.

ptown

Smash Ace
thanks dude. there are a lot of liars then: ali, dr. pp, nc-echo, lord karn, etc.

your metaknight is strong, bro.

The Director

Smash Lord
@Joe: Did u for sure still want Unchartered?
I totally still want to borrow it, but I'm not coming this week so don't bring it just yet...

I really... really should focus on a main...
Take my advice and think hard: you should main ROB. Dude. You would fair sooo much better if you focused 75% of your Smash time on him. I mean, you're already **** good with him. Imagine how beast you'll be if you actually gave him mainage.

Everyone: If anyone says they beat Peter's ZSS, they are lying.
I've never played his ZSS but I'll take the challenge. I fair pretty well against his Ike and Falcon but his Falco eats me up and digests me out. (yes, out the backside)

ptown

Smash Ace
your dk counters almost every character i play.

and you use dk ground pound well.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Double post, w00ps. Devin owns me. His Marth is waaaaaay too sexy.
Devin needs to post "the pics"

very much so.

Take my advice and think hard: you should main ROB. Dude. You would fair sooo much better if you focused 75% of your Smash time on him. I mean, you're already **** good with him. Imagine how beast you'll be if you actually gave him mainage.
Bah humbug high tier. Actually, me destroying Adams snake and CF with my D3 made me seriously consider putting more time into him. I'll probably dabble with him this week.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to make it to one of these, the day is coming guys. I might end up bringing some players from augusta, so you'll have more then usual.

The Director

Smash Lord
Its a long drive from Georgia to make it to one of these, but its totally worth it since I think its safe to say that these tournies are the best and most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. (GO NC WOOOOO!!)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The Director;5497144I said:
think its safe to say that these tournies are the best and most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. (GO NC WOOOOO!!)
lol, what a joke. most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. :laugh: Almost as if you're being serious.

Also, I hope you're not referring to yourself. :laugh: most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. too good.

(PP and Ali, you're exempt from this since you guys are awesome)

BEHR

Smash Hero
lol stop the hatin everywhere in the NC is a representation of good smash.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Ryan, will you be appearing next week? We (UNCC) are bringing the big guns.
hopefully but atm its looking doubtful. I'll try to motivate some people to go but its a long drive and everyone keeps complaining about this thing they call "school" or "job" they supposedly have to work for.

Its a long drive from Georgia to make it to one of these, but its totally worth it since I think its safe to say that these tournies are the best and most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. (GO NC WOOOOO!!)
Theres a lot of very talented SC smashers who have never been to these imbd, kidd and yay come to mind immediately being on a weekday makes it hard to represent all the best smashers in the Carolinas.

Out of curiosity have you guys considered doing something special like once a month to have a bigger out of state tournament. I know N2 in georgia's had weeklies that they took a chunk of the pot out of for a monthly event... N2 didn't make it so it may not be the best example but I'm just saying it'd be cool to perhaps have it on weekends or something big once a month to get people to travel more for these things.

btw I just noticed wildstar lives closer to these then I do. No more johning about your drive.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Can that monthly please be on the weekend so I can make one lol. This weekday stuff sucks for me. I wanna go there cuz it's so close, but can't. I'd really appreciate it.

Plus, then you guys could see me do gay sword stuff. Who doesn't wanna see that?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If i remember correctly, the Venue makes its cash-money-mulah on other things that go on during the weekend (Lock-ins and whatever else WOW ppl do, rofl)

Me and Devin were talking about it the last tourney, but it's kinna hard... we'd have to work something out with Dillon and Crio but i'd like at least a monthly or VERY least, Bi-Monthly weekend tourney...

Anywho... some ppl are asanine... Peter and Ali are both crazy good... but i would like to play your ZSS Peter, your over-ranged and over-powered advantages are gone... and i have beat Adam's ZSS everythime i think we've played... and he plays a good one too. Should be fun :)

@Joe: Johning man?? BTW: im moving to Rock Hill fo sho now... by Friday, xD. So... if you'd want to come chill or something this weekend, im off Saturday-Monday, but if i remember, didn't you want to go to the Charlotte PnT tourney Saturday??? I really want to go and if your going, want to go w/me? Me/Marlene will drive, you can pool in our spiffy 07 Corolla

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I'll keep checkin in every now and then to see if any progress is being made on it. Thanks for trying at the very least bros.

Peter's ZSS is very good. Definately a tough match vs that joker.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry for the double post, but its important

Mi cumpleanos es le trece de Octubre!!! Cookie for who translates that. Anyways, i think Marlene and I are going to go see Quarantine on Friday night... Devin/Carmen, anyone else who'd want to hang out for a bit... want to go to??? Offers on the table...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Your birthday is October 13th!!! Coooookie w00t!

Hmmm, this saturday? I dunno how my parents will be since I left last weekend, I'll see what's going on and get back to you.

Btw, I'd love to go just so you know. It's just a pain trying to go somewhere when there's sooo much goin on ugh.

The Director

Smash Lord
most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. too good.
Dude don't be a ****. Don't judge somebody's Smash skill (or trash it, no less) unless you've actually played them. Moreso, don't judge somebody until you've actually met them.

What I'm trying to say is that we get weekly regulars that are very talented. There are few places where you can go to on a weekly basis for cash tournaments. When cash is on the line every week, this **** gets real. I'm not saying that we're the only good Smashers in SC and NC, I'm well aware that there is talent spread all around and there are people who can't make it down. What I am saying tho, is that if you want to test your skill this is the place to do it. (lol PnT)

Listen dude, if you wanna come down and play some Smash that's cool.

I'll try to motivate some people to go but its a long drive and everyone keeps complaining about this thing they call "school" or "job" they supposedly have to work for.
Yeah, I'm not going this week because for the first time in like 2 months work is holding me back. That and gas prices are just disgusting.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
2nd, and i main Sonic, so oh shnitzel-sticks to you sir, xD

And Dr.P: you indeed must be a translator, xD. Im 20 on the 13th, but celebrating a BIT this weekend, but im moving this weekend too, so likely the movies friday, visit family, and maybe a bit O' the Smash sprinkled in their too

Or, my wii is hacked... i want to pirate Super Mario RPG and play it, that game was teh ****z

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol it helps to have had Spanish 3.

Good stuff though bro.

That game was really amazing.

I've never played a good Sonic btw, so it's funny that two good ones are going to this thing that I can't ever make lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Looking forward to another 6 person attendance, Sushi? lolpnt.

To Jman: Wtf is quarantine?

To Other people: Of course there are several talented players who cannot find the time to make it to my tourneys, but It is, at the end of the day, a reliable source of competition for those who are able to come down. It's a nice little meeting point for North and South cackalacky, and I think that on the whole, we aim to entertain, and provide thusly.

ol, what a joke. most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. Almost as if you're being serious.

Also, I hope you're not referring to yourself. most talented Smash representation in the Carolinas. too good.
As far as I can tell, the only thing that you've put forth is random criticism of a collection of people that you've either never played, or know very little of. I don't think I've ever played you, and even if I had, I don't think your supercritical attempt at slander was warranted, or even fair.

I'd rather you not muck up my thread about my tourneys with such arbitrary lashing out of frustration. Take your projected anger to a blog or something, and don't ruin the atmosphere next time. You're throwing off my funky.

Addendum: and I <3 JoeC.

Double Addendum: I might go, Sushi. I'mma try to see if I can sneak away from work on Sat, but I am already getting out early tomorrow due to Jury Duty.

Top Bottom