• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Well I'm looking in to a place called The Freedom Center, about the other one I'm currently trying to acquire now. The owner is being a D'Bag lolz - If I can I want the venue fee to be free, but if not I'll will try to put it as low as possible :)

Also bringing setups will lower the venue fee (if there is one - because I know people) :chuckle:
http://www.freedomtempleministries.org/freedom_home.html

We going to church or playing Smash?

Lareit

Smash Ace
This thread is dieing.

Dev, how's that GE combo video coming?
It seems like the Carolina(north too) brawl scene is beginning to wane. NC is beginning to filter in Brawl+ as a replacement, which is absurdly juvenille in any tournament format due to the significant lack of testing and balancing done to develop any real metagame for it.

And SC has always been small, relying on people from nc to suppliment our lack of bodies. Most of which have stopped attending(Ali/Peter/Joe/Sushi) for various reasons.

But then again, I remember a time when GE brawl tournaments were simply
Me
Michael
Brandon
Eric

and no one else for several weeks straight. So it could easily be worse.

Couple Asides

Devin- I've viewed all my recordings with falcon. I simply see nothing relating to a combo or impressive kill that I do. I simply play a smart and safe . It ultimately is very boring as well as far as lacking highlights. If you have some clips already I'll go with your judgement but I need no representation if not.

Edit- After going WAAAY Back I think I found some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvH4YznlszA 0:40-0:53 , 1:24-1:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKODhNTypu4 0:12-0:20, 1:46-1:52

Brandon- The sheer quantity of radical kills you have in your combo video with that slew of characters is more then a little impressive. I also liked the music choice.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I loved the combo video. Japanese music is always fun to listen to!

I might be able to come this week, so long as I can get a ride. After this week, though, my schedule is full for the next two weeks. Gotta rehearse for UNCC's next theatre production.

The Director

Smash Lord
Brawl + tournaments seem a little silly. I'd compete in Melee tournaments before Brawl +.

Speaking of Melee, I've been getting back into it lately. If I come this week (which is unlikely cause I've come down with some crazy cold and feel like ****...at the doctor now...I've got a fever of 101!) I'm totally bringing Melee.

And yes, we need a biweekly of some sort on Saturdays. Adam, have you ever
considered hosting a monthly at your place one Saturday a month? Your place rocks for smash.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Melee, I've been getting back into it lately. If I come this week (which is unlikely cause I've come down with some crazy cold and feel like ****...at the doctor now...I've got a fever of 101!) I'm totally bringing Melee.
If you do bring it, I wouldn't mind playing. If not, I might bring my setup if that's ok with Peter/Ali (if they're coming this week).

Hope you feel better soon. DK Pawnch that cold!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Aye ARS, it would rock for a once a month or bi weekly, but you should charge a 5$ door fee, and host pizza every time. The papa johns you order rox.

Im a fat kid at heart, i loves to eat, lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sickness is a fickle *****:

She's cool when ur young, your out of school!
She's cool to "fake"
Nowadays, you nvr want to see her then bam* make up sex and "wtf did i just do..."

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It's an upper respitory infection. Blecch! I was really planning on coming this week until I got hit by this mother****er. I'm on meds, but there's no way I'll be able to make it this week now. I've already missed 2 days of work. :ohwell:
@: I know how you feel, It sucks.
BTW I might not be able to come tommorow I have a project due Friday, so unless I can get a huge chunk done later today, I can't go

Lareit

Smash Ace
@: I know how you feel, It sucks.
BTW I might not be able to come tommorow I have a project due Friday, so unless I can get a huge chunk done later today, I can't go
get crackin, i'd not let you go to a tournament either if you had a project due the next day that wasn't complete.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
It's an upper respitory infection. Blecch! I was really planning on coming this week until I got hit by this mother****er. I'm on meds, but there's no way I'll be able to make it this week now. I've already missed 2 days of work. :ohwell:
Awww... That sucks. Again, I hope you get better soon.
School always comes before Smash. Good luck with it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
NOPE, Procrastination dictates Smash b4 school, but you honestly have to be a sharper tool in the shed for that...

For instance, for my highschool carear, i was gone 33% of the time... that is ridiculous, lol. My senior year: 45% of the time i was gone. And i maintained over a 3.3 throughout. I did bad on Homework and projects as i didn't do what i couldn't finish in class, and refused to actual cite all my sources in the proper format.

And when i went to sleep during my ACTs, i got i believe a 29, lol :p too easy.

However, if i could go back, i would have stayed due to a free ride scholarship to NIU, and i would be half done with being a pharmacist already... but hey, i wouldn't have met any of you so.... thats a plus right?

And @Adam: Same deal tomorrow, if you don't mind kind sir. Off at 4 again.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
NOPE, Procrastination dictates Smash b4 school, but you honestly have to be a sharper tool in the shed for that...

For instance, for my highschool carear, i was gone 33% of the time... that is ridiculous, lol. My senior year: 45% of the time i was gone. And i maintained over a 3.3 throughout. I did bad on Homework and projects as i didn't do what i couldn't finish in class, and refused to actual cite all my sources in the proper format.

And when i went to sleep during my ACTs, i got i believe a 29, lol :p too easy.

However, if i could go back, i would have stayed due to a free ride scholarship to NIU, and i would be half done with being a pharmacist already... but hey, i wouldn't have met any of you so.... thats a plus right?

And @Adam: Same deal tomorrow, if you don't mind kind sir. Off at 4 again.
If I did that during high school, I would never have met you guys. If I were to even attempt that, my grandmother would have killed me.

._. If Peter and Ali aren't going, then I'll have to see if my friend is willing to give me a ride.
Edit: If I do come, it'll be without my camera. I left it at home.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
****zers. U know, i can try mine, but i can't upload atm, u kno, no real comp to do it with.

Ww just need bodies, no johns Peter, hammer tonight, smash tonight

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
****zers. U know, i can try mine, but i can't upload atm, u kno, no real comp to do it with.

Ww just need bodies, no johns Peter, hammer tonight, smash tonight
If you don't mind, you could upload them to my laptop (takes one or two minutes, I'd give it right back so it's not like I'd be asking to borrow your camera for a few weeks) and I'd upload them to YouTube sometime this weekend. ...Considering I remember to bring my computer tomorrow...

Top Bottom