• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Lareit

Smash Ace
So while waiting for jman to call, i went to run a couple quick errands, primarily dropping by the bank to deposit some money and cash a check.

Today is president day so I couldn't do that, i havnt enough gas to get to lancaster at current so I'm going to have to abort. Sorry dev.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I woulda, but we had some personal affairs to tend to, JUST got home, and family dinner.

Tom night, im off however. If u guys can do between 12-10pm sometime, ok?

xatavor

Smash Rookie
I'm fine with either Thursday or Saturday weeklies - no difference to me.

But, when instigating biweeklies, that could hurt our weekly tournaments.
Let's say, we keep Thursdays. We have weeklies every thursday and then start doing biweeklies every saturday. People would miss out on thursdays tourny just to go to saturdays.

So I think, rather than have to seperate runs of tournaments, we just run Biweeklies, and every other week have smash fests - or smaller tournaments. So first we we have our standard tournament lay out: Doubles followed by Singles with cash prizes. And then the following week we just have a smash party where we order pizza and play friendlies all night - or perhaps we can do Gimmick tournies. For example we could do our low-tier tournaments, or high tier-tournaments. Or Randoms! Or dittos or whatever!

If you just want to have fun, you show up for the friendly biweeklies, if you're in it for the serious cash, you come for the serious biweeklies. We have weekly tournaments, but varying tournament styles.
This should boost our attendance ratings for the serious tournaments, wouldn't you think?

Saturday is date night for me, but because it seems like it would help most others, Im in favor of moving the weeklies from Thursday to Saturday.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I like Adam's idea better, just leave the Thursdays, and add in a Saturday bi-weekly whenever the time's right. That alone puts us in a better position than what we were in at GE. I, personally, wouldn't give up going on Thursday just because there was a tournament on Saturday—simply another chance to Smash if you ask me—two tournaments in one week sounds too good to be true :)

Edit: Carmen's working on getting the venue I mentioned earlier, hopefully she'll know a little more tomorrow. If this works, then we can just hold bi-weeklies/whatever down here, and Adam won't have to worry about having a crowded/smelly/broluvin' appartment all-day. As much as I hate to say it, the world doesn't need another Billfest.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Based on Casanova's last post, I'll just assume that SC doesn't really have much interest in Billfests anymore.

HERB will be very spacious though. Have any of you given consideration to going?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Thought bout it...

Billfest's problem rlly lies in its disorganization. Case in point: the laughable notion of running dubz/singles simultaneously.

I remember waiting 2 hrs to get everyone free for a dbls match. Thats pretty ********.

Aside from that, new competition was welcome... i had 2 3 stocks too.

HERB? If im carpooling with Smashin ARS folk, sure

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Based on Casanova's last post, I'll just assume that SC doesn't really have much interest in Billfests anymore.

HERB will be very spacious though. Have any of you given consideration to going?
I personally want to go to this week's Billfest since I have Saturday off. I'm just having trouble finding a ride.

HERB is something I'm really looking forward to, though.

What it comes down to is that I haven't met the NC bros yet and I wanna take this chance to do so.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It is very difficult to run both Jman, but we're trying to squeeze everything in on time, and there's no way around it. You may have to force your bros to play some tourney matches and then do whatever again.

Karn is putting/moving another setup on the patio or whatever he calls it to keep the place from being so cramped.

Hope to see plenty of SC at HERB.

Lareit

Smash Ace
It is very difficult to run both Jman, but we're trying to squeeze everything in on time, and there's no way around it. You may have to force your bros to play some tourney matches and then do whatever again.

Karn is putting/moving another setup on the patio or whatever he calls it to keep the place from being so cramped.

Hope to see plenty of SC at HERB.
If you're running into time, organization, space contraints....
find another place to host it.

pretty easy logic. Billfest isn't weekly, so it's not like he wouldn't have time to find a spot.

I intend to attend herb. I'll green light it once the date is closer however.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
a real venue?

then we'll have to pay venue fees...and i love alex's apartment. ;_;

though it IS getting out of hand. uh...they can lease out their neighbors apartment for a day. <_<

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
why the ban on MK? and Street Fighter IV Tournament Wed. @ 7pm at your local gamestop! - I MIGHT have found a venue for the saturday bi-wekklies, just give me some time to ague for it

EDIT: I am mos def looking into this you live 9min away from me - Country Club Apartments - So these I can show up 2!

Lareit

Smash Ace
a real venue?

then we'll have to pay venue fees...and i love alex's apartment. ;_;

though it IS getting out of hand. uh...they can lease out their neighbors apartment for a day. <_<
I remember my last tournament match at the last billfest.

Twice I was interrupted to CHECK if it was an actual tournament match
Three times people assumed it was a friendly and walked in front of the tv.
and twice I was interrupted to get me to play my doubles despite the fact I was busy in a single's tournament match.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Adam and his Billfest johns.

I'd be willing to go to HERB, we just need to figure out who's going so we'll know what's up with the transportation issue.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't care how chaotic the tournaments are, I really just wanna meet the NC guys and have something to do for the Saturday that I have off.

Me + A few hours of free time + Boredom =
This

Live stream? I'd watch them if I wasn't working. I wanna know what happens on the weeks that I can't come.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I honestly don't care how chaotic the tournaments are, I really just wanna meet the NC guys and have something to do for the Saturday that I have off.

Me + A few hours of free time + Boredom =
This

Live stream? I'd watch them if I wasn't working. I wanna know what happens on the weeks that I can't come.
Contact, Yeroc. He lives in Charlotte, and is going to Bills.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
After I have a talk with my moms, if Adam is willing to car pool me and my neighbor (lolz) who wants to go also, I can definitely make this tournament!

I live 9minuets away from you which is like right around the corner!

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
why the ban on MK? and Street Fighter IV Tournament Wed. @ 7pm at your local gamestop! - I MIGHT have found a venue for the saturday bi-wekklies, just give me some time to ague for it

EDIT: I am mos def looking into this you live 9min away from me - Country Club Apartments - So these I can show up 2!
I just picked up Street Fighter IV for xbox since I lack a ps3! :D Haven't played it yet but getting ready to... Don't think there's any way I could like it more than Smash, though.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If we broadcasted our matches live on Thursday, would anyone watch them?
I have a couple of friends in this chat that I go to, I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to watch.
I also have some friends from school who've been wanting to see me pleigh for who knows why...

EDIT: I'm in going to HERB, I need ask my parents about it though. But i'm kinda skepticle since all I've heard about it is bad. :|

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You've heard bad things about Billfest, not HERB Kack, unless I'm woefully unaware of false rumors concerning HERB.

I'm sorry that happened Adam, just kinda yell at whoever is bugging you that it's tourney or ignore them bro.

Also, finding a new venue isn't that important since not everyone seems to be as bothered by it as you guys are. Plus, it's much cheaper and more reliable (know when start/stop times are, owner is an understanding smasher, etc).

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If none of these venue gettings work out, I have a suggestion...I'm really good friends with my principle and I could ask her about holding tourneys there at my school. They hold church there every sunday, so why not smash tourneys on saturday? If I asked her the right way, I'm sure I could get atleast sumthin outtta her.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Kickass Ryan.

If you need help getting to my place
803-981-4438 is my #.

and Jman, Have you contacted Brandon or Eric about getting them to pick you up enroute to my place?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Need to know if we're going to have more than ten people before I lug all of that **** up there.

ALSO, Justin, bring Marlene's camera so we can put those videos on my laptop.

Edit: Figuring...

Definite:

Devin
Bo
Adam
JMan

Maybe:

Brandon
Eric
XAT
Billy
Michael
Ryan
Khai
Phil
Drew

Really not worth it considering Billy's dad might not let him and his friends come due to venue change. XAT is probably out pimpin' again. Ryan and Khai are still a big maybe. Phil has to find another ride—and while Brandon may come, Eric probably won't play.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Yes, i'm going to put this out even though it'll hurt the regulars.

Ryan and Khai. Come to this to hang out and play smash. Not to win money or to fight a wide variety of talent.

If you're in it for the latter then I'd advise it's not worth the trip.

Devin, i'd not bring it. Maybe if we get more reliable, but it's not worth it yet imo.

And jman, any time after 4pm I'll be set.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Need to know if we're going to have more than ten people before I lug all of that **** up there.

ALSO, Justin, bring Marlene's camera so we can put those videos on my laptop.

Edit: Figuring...

Definite:

Devin
Bo
Adam
JMan

Maybe:

Brandon
Eric
XAT
Billy
Michael
Ryan
Khai
Phil
Drew

Really not worth it considering Billy's dad might not let him and his friends come due to venue change. XAT is probably out pimpin' again. Ryan and Khai are still a big maybe. Phil has to find another ride—and while Brandon may come, Eric probably won't play.
I can't come this week or next because I've gotta work. I'm gonna try to come to the tourney on the 4th, though. Drew probably won't be coming either. Sorry guys.

Top Bottom