• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

ptown

Smash Ace
what is gamer's edge doing nowadays on them thursdays?

just throwing this out there: khai don't like brawl.

Lareit

Smash Ace
what is gamer's edge doing nowadays on them thursdays?

just throwing this out there: khai don't like brawl.
gamers edge? No clue

since we're all doing it at my place now.

WOnder if Dylan will try to run tournaments for the couple young kiddies who show up, to take their cash.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Ryan and Khai. Come to this to hang out and play smash. Not to win money or to fight a wide variety of talent.

If you're in it for the latter then I'd advise it's not worth the trip.
This is true, with Phil not coming, we probably won't have more than... 6 people.

And, now that it's a $5 entry for singles, you won't even win gas money for a 2 1/2 hour drive :(

WOnder if Dylan will try to run tournaments for the couple young kiddies who show up, to take their cash.
... Does that even need an answer?

Lareit

Smash Ace
This is true, with Phil not coming, we probably won't have more than... 6 people.

And, now that it's a $5 entry for singles, you won't even win gas money for a 2 1/2 hour drive :(

... Does that even need an answer?
No. I made the comment a question in jest. There was no doubt to his choice.

And Ryan, no worries. We were down to 10ish people a week at gamers edge. By moving it to my place we lost access to free money from the little kids that rich parents dropped off.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
If you guys plan to do this next Thursday, I will be able to go as of now.....I might have transportation trouble. I'm hoping Adam can hook me up with a ride since I live right around the corner lolz (no seriously)

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Guess Ryan and I aren't coming. Ryan has spoken!

That comment about little rich kids is horrible! You should definitely let them know where the new smash scene is and invite them over so they would have access. Horrible, horrible.

I don't don't like Brawl... It's just a little bit...different. But serious, Brawl is a good game. Melee is just more fun!

So where and when is the weekend bi-weekly smash scene going to be? Saturday? Any chance of Sunday. Just wondering if it's possible.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
D: I was gonna come, but then today I got bombarded with Homework and I had no time to go. Sorry gaiz

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Low Tier tourney

1-2nd split: ARS (C Falc)/JMan (Sonic)

Singles

1-2 Dev &ARS
3rd:JMan (conceeded loosers finals, had to go home, lol)

The Director

Smash Lord
Am I reading this correctly? Was last night...a 3 person turnout?? I wonder why Ryan and Khai couldn't make it out! (and they were expecting great attendance just for showing up...!)

And was Brandon not even there last night? Ouch. That's pretty bad...dark days are here, indeed. :ohwell:

I would've come last night, but I didn't want to ruin my mad skillz for the MELEE TOURNAMENT on Tuesday. I'm a definite for this week. Somebody needs to blow some life back into the SC tournament scene. You guys are dieing without me.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Am I reading this correctly? Was last night...a 3 person turnout?? I wonder why Ryan and Khai couldn't make it out! (and they were expecting great attendance just for showing up...!)

And was Brandon not even there last night? Ouch. That's pretty bad...dark days are here, indeed. :ohwell:

I would've come last night, but I didn't want to ruin my mad skillz for the MELEE TOURNAMENT on Tuesday. I'm a definite for this week. Somebody needs to blow some life back into the SC tournament scene. You guys are dieing without me.
we had 8 people.

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
I'll still be coming but most likely only when Phil does because usually I don't feel like driving 45 minutes by myself. So, once Phil finishes his deal on Thursdays and can go again, we'll both probably be there consistently.

Also I'd like to be able to play more friendlies down there too for some practice. Possible if I get there earlier?

Lareit

Smash Ace
Whoa, sounds like a packed house!
if people don't show up
*shrug*

you've attended more smash fests then tournaments since Nov Joe
ali and peter have quit
the venue change gets rid of little kids who fill the bracket with names

ptown

Smash Ace
you need to make your own thread.

sc brawl weeklies page 189.

who is going to look here?

The Director

Smash Lord
I agree with the notion of making a new thread. IMO, change of venue, change of thread. I would give it some time, tho...right now things seem to be in transition, and I don't think a new thread should be made until we get the Saturday bi-weekly details ironed out.

Adam, I appreciate what you're doing in the wake of the GE loss, your pad is perfect for Smash and these tournies. But, you must concede that it just isn't the same. Let's all take a moment to realize that with GE we had it made. The place was perfect. It had enough room, very comfortable chairs, nice TVs, and it didn't smell like a dirty bro sweat shop. Oh, plus the location was great too. Red Bowl and Lowe's were right next door and there were plenty of smoking spots. To add more to that, during its hayday we would get those randoms (not just little kids but sometimes random people who were actually good at Smash) and even though sometimes they would just be names on the brackett, they were still competition and new people to play.

As it stands right now, I just don't see those randoms or even the people from out of state and far away (PP, Ali, Kidd, Ryan and Khai etc) showing up. I mean, I'm sure some of them will eventually, but it's not the same notion that every week has the same chance of those irregulars showing up.

Don't take this as a rant or anything like that, it's just the way I see the current predicament. I really shouldn't complain anyways, I don't even come on anymore. The last tourney I attended was MoJoe. Call it Johns or what you will, but some of us just have to put responsibilities in front of Smash. (and it really pains me to say that)

Anyway, I skipped out on Billfest today for a couple of reasons...didn't feel like driving, didn't feel like spending the money, didn't feel like pressing up against big sweaty bros blah blah blah...but most importantly, I wanted to use those funds to go to the PnT Melee tourney on Tuesday and go to Adam's on Thursday. Yes, even though I have responsibilities to put in front of Smash every so often I can put them aside and make Smash my priority.

So in short, I'm def. coming this week. Put my name on the list. Since I'm coming, I am expecting great attendance!

The Director

Smash Lord
The rules I dunno. The prize is store credit, I assume, and maybe one of those t-shirts? I don't know, I'm just excited for an oldschool Melee PnT tourney.

Shouldn't Eric know this ****? Doesn't he work there? Eric, what's the deal?

Lareit

Smash Ace
I agree with the notion of making a new thread. IMO, change of venue, change of thread. I would give it some time, tho...right now things seem to be in transition, and I don't think a new thread should be made until we get the Saturday bi-weekly details ironed out.

Adam, I appreciate what you're doing in the wake of the GE loss, your pad is perfect for Smash and these tournies. But, you must concede that it just isn't the same. Let's all take a moment to realize that with GE we had it made. The place was perfect. It had enough room, very comfortable chairs, nice TVs, and it didn't smell like a dirty bro sweat shop. Oh, plus the location was great too. Red Bowl and Lowe's were right next door and there were plenty of smoking spots. To add more to that, during its hayday we would get those randoms (not just little kids but sometimes random people who were actually good at Smash) and even though sometimes they would just be names on the brackett, they were still competition and new people to play.

As it stands right now, I just don't see those randoms or even the people from out of state and far away (PP, Ali, Kidd, Ryan and Khai etc) showing up. I mean, I'm sure some of them will eventually, but it's not the same notion that every week has the same chance of those irregulars showing up.

Don't take this as a rant or anything like that, it's just the way I see the current predicament. I really shouldn't complain anyways, I don't even come on anymore. The last tourney I attended was MoJoe. Call it Johns or what you will, but some of us just have to put responsibilities in front of Smash. (and it really pains me to say that)

Anyway, I skipped out on Billfest today for a couple of reasons...didn't feel like driving, didn't feel like spending the money, didn't feel like pressing up against big sweaty bros blah blah blah...but most importantly, I wanted to use those funds to go to the PnT Melee tourney on Tuesday and go to Adam's on Thursday. Yes, even though I have responsibilities to put in front of Smash every so often I can put them aside and make Smash my priority.

So in short, I'm def. coming this week. Put my name on the list. Since I'm coming, I am expecting great attendance!
No I agree. I rather do them at Gamers Edge. Amusingly enough everyone i've asked so far prefers to do it at my place.

Gamers Edge did have great chairs, lots of space, redbowl/lowes/family dollar right next to it. It also felt professional.

I'm not friends with Dylan. It's up to someone else who knows him to try to persuade him to keep the rule set he left in place for a year.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Not that we're in any position to negotiate with Dylan, but I'd only go back under certain conditions:

1. No door fee for me, or Adam.

--He brings his Wii, I bring mine, a T.V. and a recording setup.
--Not only would we be left with ONE T.V. a week, but there would also be ZERO Gamer's Edge videos on YouTube instead of the ~350 we have now.

2. For everyone else it stays at $5.

--$10 is too much for a weekly. Especially one with an average turnout of eight people or less.

3. $5 door fee covers friendlies until the tournament's over & everyone leaves.

--No other venue would charge you $5 and make you leave after you've lost, or have you log into an account and use up game time which you would also be required to purchase.

Other than that, I enjoyed GE. There were little kiddies to add to the pot, Red Bowl to satisfy my hunger, Dollar Tree to outdo Dylan's expensive candies, and most importantly... Lowe's Food with cashback ATMs for all of our change needs.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Not that we're in any position to negotiate with Dylan, but I'd only go back under certain conditions:

1. No door fee for me, or Adam.

--He brings his Wii, I bring mine, a T.V. and a recording setup.
--Not only would we be left with ONE T.V. a week, but there would also be ZERO Gamer's Edge videos on YouTube instead of the ~350 we have now.

2. For everyone else it stays at $5.

--$10 is too much for a weekly. Especially one with an average turnout of eight people or less.

3. $5 door fee covers friendlies until the tournament's over & everyone leaves.

--No other venue would charge you $5 and make you leave after you've lost, or have you log into an account and use up game time which you would also be required to purchase.

Other than that, I enjoyed GE. There were little kiddies to add to the pot, Red Bowl to satisfy my hunger, Dollar Tree to outdo Dylan's expensive candies, and most importantly... Lowe's Food with cashback ATMs for all of our change needs.
We are in a position to argue with Dylan. The tournament is a source of revenue. Without us he has no revenue from the source. Considering he didn't even DO anything it's free money for him.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Agreed. Monies are good.

It was good, but if the problems get ironed out, it'd be fantastic

So... no Billfest ever again. Terrible.

Sweaty, urine smelling caused Crio and I extreme nausea. Brawl+ is f-ing ********, and we threw matches to leave early.

And the ride back will be remembered always "**** asscrack Jalapeños"

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
IDK. They didnt post the bracket. Like last time, we threw matches to leave. its just terrible.

In brawl+, i made like.... top 15 i think. in brawl, i threw it to be top 15 (i did legit lose to stingers, he's a beast ROB, lol)
/Dubz? Crio and i threw the first set and just left

Sub-par performace, sub-par conditions

The Director

Smash Lord
Ha! I'm so glad I didn't go, then. There was a urine smell this time? Jesus Christ Chapel Hill, get your **** together.

As for the GE situation...I think we should negotiate with Dylan, but don't get your hopes up. I think the best you could hope for is to get the old rules back in place. After making people pay extra to stay and play friendlies, I highly doubt he'll waive the door fee for certain people. :ohwell:

Top Bottom