• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers Xperience: Brawl & Melee, Smashfest & Tournament (Lithonia, GA)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Smith said we could host one here any time ourselves, when do you think the best date for it would be? I was thinking August 6th.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll be in Tennessee that weekend. Have fun if you're doing the tourney then.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No but what we should do is allow these three stages that are controversial. Onett, Norfair, and Pirate Ship.

Testing these stages out in tourney will help the push for them being legal in the ruleset.

DRN

Smash Lord
No but what we should do is allow these three stages that are controversial. Onett, Norfair, and Pirate Ship.

Testing these stages out in tourney will help the push for them being legal in the ruleset.
Nooo i disagree with this completely. Those stages should def not be legal.

Lets just use the current unity ruleset...

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Lol you guys are talking about new stages?

Get real, MK has enough already. I love Pirate ship with any character, Onett is a ***** and, Norfair is funny.

Still, stop trying to be innovative and just let the current rules work themselves out.

Use the Unity ruleset lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Smith, I was making the thread and just remembered that the store opens at 4, you don't mind getting there earlier again like you did this previous week right? I was thinking registration can start at 2 or 3 and people start showing up an hour before? Tell me what ever is good for you, also I haven't seen GX tournament do this yet, but I'd hope to have doubles there to if that's alright which is why we'd start earlier.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
We have done doubles in every "SoD" tournament. We just did not have for the last tournament. No particular reason...just didn't.

We can open our doors as early as noon if that works better for you guys. We can discuss other minor details via PMs. I will contact you via PM Thursday afternoon. :cool:

D

Deleted member

Wait does this place still do Melee smashfests and tournies?

I just read the edited OP current as of 6/17.

Melee community desperately needs a place to do tournaments, so please get back to me.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Wait does this place still do Melee smashfests and tournies?

I just read the edited OP current as of 6/17.

Melee community desperately needs a place to do tournaments, so please get back to me.
We can and/or are willing. If you need a place to hold tournaments and/or smashfest, we will be willing open our facilities to the community.
This goes for Melee or Brawl. Brawl players have been used our center a few times and are hosting a tournament on August 6th. We will
greatly appreciate the opportunity to become a center for the Melee players around Atlanta as well.

D

Deleted member

We can and/or are willing. If you need a place to hold tournaments and/or smashfest, we will be willing open our facilities to the community.
This goes for Melee or Brawl. Brawl players have been used our center a few times and are hosting a tournament on August 6th. We will
greatly appreciate the opportunity to become a center for the Melee players around Atlanta as well.
That is JUST what I wanted to hear. lol

I will talk to a couple of Melee players and discuss with them about hosting tournaments at your venue in the future.

We have had difficulty securing a reliable venue after Waba. I look forward to this.

Player-1

Smash Legend
drpepper, if you want I can add melee to the tournament thread I have up for the 6th or something if melee people will be interested in that.

edit: well actually that's not really my call since there's limited set ups in case other people came into play other games and stuff, as long as it's fine with smith then I can do that if you and the melee people want me to.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
That is completely ok with us. If you/the community wish to add Melee to the tournament we are more than able to provide more TVs for use of the tournament.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the offer P1 and Smith, but I need to talk with potential TOs before I try to run this due to my inexperience at being a TO. I'd like to try one the 6th, but I don't think I can make it work feasibly.

Also I need to inform GA Melee community and spread hype first.

Lastly, I'd like to gauge support and turnout by doing a Melee only tourney separate from Brawl to make sure one event will not impede the progress of the other. If adding them both together in the same tournament is appropriate or beneficial, then I'll see about it after the test.

I think we're well on the way to being able to get something going, but I still need to talk to a couple of key people.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Brawl and Melee tournaments going at the same time will not cause conflict. We have done it for our Smash or Die
tournament when Brawl was just released. It turned out to be one of our biggest tournament.

I say if you don't wish to do a tournament...I would suggest to at least have a smashfest for melee. This way ppl know
its not just talk, you will have action behind it.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
all i need is a ride and i'll def. be there. I can meet some1 at a train station if that helpz shorten the distance

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
if you guys have a melee tournament im there
There most likely won't be enough interest for Melee at The Salt Mines this Saturday. However, I am currently working with some Melee community members in setting up both monthlies and tournaments for you guys. I'll be sure to post more info here and other places once I get everything worked out.

Big things are coming... just give it time :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
1. Kismet :metaknightbrawl::falcobrawl:
2. TheReflexWonder :ptbrawl::wariocbrawl::fox64:
3. Bill_ :sheikbrawl::snakebrawl:
4. Micaelis :dkbrawl::wariobrawl::sheikbrawl:
5. Player-1 :diddybrawl:
5. Bill Cosby :falcobrawl:
7. AML? :gwbrawl:
7. Neo-X :wariobrawl:

Top Bottom