• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

games bought for brawl

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
what games have you bought to get ready for brawl (i don't mean melee)?

since i started reading the dojo updates, i have been drawn into a couple of characters, and i have bought their games so i can further understand their character backgrounds. here is a list of games i bought:

metroid zero mission
super metroid (virtual console)
kid icarus (virtual console)
MOTHER3 (import)

i get super-psyched for characters, so i like to delve pretty deep into their pasts and understand them better in brawl.

i also plan to trade in phantasy star universe (game sucks) to get metroid prime and a cheap fire emblem game. yeah... smash bros has a pretty huge influence on me.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Got myself phsyched for a few characters that didn't make the cut (a la Super Mario RPG and Golden Sun). Also, I've recently decided to replay Earthbound after playing Earthbound Zero for the first time. <3 PSI.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I bought No More Heroes, and it's really fun. It's just too bad that I'm almost done with it. And there's still just about over a month left to spare. If i can borrow Uncharted: Drake's Fortune from a friend, that will probably tide me over until Brawl comes out. I still have my PSP just in case too.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Got myself phsyched for a few characters that didn't make the cut (a la Super Mario RPG and Golden Sun). Also, I've recently decided to replay Earthbound after playing Earthbound Zero for the first time. <3 PSI.
oh yeah, i also got earthbound, but it's way waaay inferior to mother3, which is now one of my favorite games of all time.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Back when I THOUGHT an Animal Crossing villager would be in Brawl, I bought Animal Crossing. Once I learned that Pikmin and Olimar were going to be in Brawl, I bought Pikmin. I also don't like maining a character unless I've played the game they were originally in.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
i havent bought any games actually..im waitin for brawl..march 9th cant come any faster =\

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
I havnt bought any games but when I saw T. Link announced it made me realize I hadnt touched Wind Waker in about 2 years and I decided to dust it off for some good times.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Can't say I've bought anything new because of Brawl (yet anyway - if Melee got me into the Fire Emblem series, who knows if Brawl might do similarly with something else?). I replayed a few old games when their characters were announced - Path of Radiance for Ike, DK 64 for Diddy, Sonic Mega Collection for Sonic. Got psyched enough about Mega Man that I replayed most of the games in his Anniversary Collection too, though sadly he didn't make it to Brawl.

Zevox

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I havnt bought any games but when I saw T. Link announced it made me realize I hadnt touched Wind Waker in about 2 years and I decided to dust it off for some good times.
you should pick up phantom hourglass. it's windwaker II, literally (just with a changed title).

my third favorite zelda game ever, and i've beaten every single zelda game.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
is Kid Icarus good? what type of game is it? Side scrolling platformer? I heard it was really hard

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
i actually havent bought any games, but i want to get fire emblem for Ike, i am however playing Windwaker again for Toon

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
well i've actually played every game these characters are from, except for Lucas. I started replaying a few games when a character was announced though, mainly Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
is Kid Icarus good? what type of game is it? Side scrolling platformer? I heard it was really hard
first three levels are hell (you really hate them) and vertical-scrolling. then you have a dungeon level (side-scrolling maze that makes you want to commit suicide). then 3 side-scrolling awesome level that is where the fun of the game starts. then another dungeon that's ok... then some fun vertical-scrolling, another dungeon, then a big flying level to the end.

Arteen

Smash Lord
i also plan to trade in phantasy star universe (game sucks) to get metroid prime and a cheap fire emblem game. yeah... smash bros has a pretty huge influence on me.
Metroid Prime is my third-favorite game of all time. :]
At least now you can be psyched for Golden Sun 3 (as soon as Camelot finally gets to it).

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
To preare myself for Brawl, I have decided to get in touch with a little Smash history, Star Fox 64 (my bro always calls it the "barrel roll game") and Kid Icarus. (I bought the games before the masterpiece update) :)
The gameplay, in the beginning, is hard to get used to. But over time ya get used to it. For gameplay, think Ice Climbers, only with more enemies, health, items, and bosses.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, so I'm not the only one... I bought Pikmin 1 & 2 at last, and they're definitely fun games. Plus I replayed every Sonic game I own, plus Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Mario Sunshine. I'm just playing anything and everything.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I gotta get Pikmin. I'm gonna clear the memory on my GCN memory card, I don't play Pokemon Box anymore.
if your willing, i'll buy your pokemon box off you. i want that so i can save my ruby pokemon and then restart the game, but i cant find it anywhere, including gamestop

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
i bought the Super Mario Bros. on the SNES for virtual console. great game.

I also played through mother 3 in its japanese glory.

And I want to buy Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn...but i just dont know. Anybody play it and know anything about it?

finalark

SNORLAX
Seeing how I'm attempting to play every game being represented in brawl I have got:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Sin and Punishment

Actually, the only game that comes to mind that I have yet to play is Mother 3....

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I've been hitting up Kirby 64: Shards, and squeak squad- I figure it's pretty close to Brawl's sse, anyway. Also beat both of Ike's games, galaxy, prime, DK country, all of mario's oldschools (took me a while to beat 2...) Starfox 64 (even though it's harder than I remebered, lol) Windwaker and OoT masterquest, and 2 & 3 from the mgs series. I'm pretty phyched up for most of the guys I wanna play.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
I haven't bought anything to prepare me for brawl, but I have bought a ton of video games around christmas. I am frankly swimming in games, but i'm managing to get good playtime on a lot of them, so when brawl comes around, my other games will have had good playtime before I abandon them for a while.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I played and beat Super Mario RPG to understand who Geno was... and seems it was all for nothing, he isn't even a trophy or sticker to my knowledge. However, I am playing through EarthBound for the first time and am surprised that something as awesome as this isn't more popular.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mario Galaxy, but the delay came so I played through games I have beaten already (Tales of Symphonia, Golden Sun 1&2, old games on emulators.)

Top Bottom