• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games You've Gotten to last level and failed

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm curious how many people on here have played games where you've gotten all the way to the last level and couldn't beat it. For me there are five games.

Driver (PS1) I could never get 75% through this level. Very hard for me. Even driving down the sidewalk to avoid secret service cars didn't work to well. Last attempt was 7-8 yrs ago.

Star Wars Episode III: Return of the Jedi: (SNES) I'm not sure how to speed up inside the Millenium Falcon. I always get eaten by the flames. Last attempt around 2002ish

Mega Man X1 (SNES) Can't beat Sigma when his head goes in the machine. I only have 3 subtanks though, so the fourth one would help. Last attempt around 2000 I think

Mega Man X3 (SNES) Once again stuck on Sigma. Dr. Doppler was easy; beat him first try. For some reason Sigma gives me problems though. At least I beat him in Mega Man X4. Last attempt 2000ish

Some Power Rangers Game (SNES) When in the Mega Robot thing I couldn't beat this monster with long nails if I remember right. It had two lifebars and you only had one to start. Last attempt around 1995ish.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age (GBA):
My brother beat it, spoiled the ending.

Kartia : The Word of Fate Lacryma's Story (PSX):
Couldn't beat Beltshumeltz D:
I beat Toxas' Story though

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Super Mario 64 (couldn't beat bowser)
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (couldn't beat the
Doom Dragon
)
Half-Life
Advance Wars (couldn't beat the final battle against Sturm)

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
No More Heroes - It wasn't really the last stage, but I couldn't get past the old lady with the giant laz0r beamz.
There's other games that I actually stopped at the last level, but its because I got to lazy. I srsly gotta finish those during summer.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Super Mario Bros. I had 1 life left.

Super Mario 64, Bowser in the Sky. But that was a long time ago, and I beat it after I played it a few years later.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Super Paper Mario- My items have run out. I can't advance any further with out dying.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Ninja Gaiden (before I finished it last Thursday)

I only managed to beat it because I continued. I can pretty much guarantee that I still can't get through the final 3 bosses without continuing.

Jyuck

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong Country 3- -_____________- I got to the last person and accidentally jumped and hit K.Rool and I only had the dixie or tiny or whatever her name was kong. -_- Not only that but after that I saved to come back to it later it was erased somehow and I was like ¬¬ I hate this game.
Luigi's Mansion-I tried once, then halfway througH I had to go somewhere and turned it off. Then I lost the memory card so I never tried again for that game either.
I'm wuere there are more. Blah whatever -_-

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic the Hedgehog 2- the Death Egg.
AGH!! That happened to me!

It took me forever to beat the final level. I finally did it with Knuckles. So technically, I suppose you could say I only beat Sonic 2 & Knuckles or whatever it's called combined.

I had another thing like this with Super Mario Galaxy, although it's out of pure laziness and boredom, not that I couldn't. I think I'm at the last part, and although the game is really easy and all, I sort of dropped it and haven't picked it up since. I'll probably finish it eventually.

I've gotten to the last level in Star Fox 64 and not beaten it yet, but I've only gotten there once and I only got it recently on the VC, so it's not entirely surprising.

I got close to the end on Star Wars Episode I: Podracer for N64 (which is an awesome game, by the way) and still haven't beaten it yet. I can't have more than 5 levels left to beat, but once you get close to the end of that game, it gets really difficult, and I'm no racing pro. Adventure games, RPGs, and the like are my specialty.

I believe I've gotten close to paying off my debt in Animal Crossing: Wild World, but haven't yet. Again, though, like most of my games, it's more of a boredom factor than anything else. The orignal Animal Crossing was much better, and didn't defy physics so much. (Seriously, when you're fishing, the bobber goes out to sea, while the tide is going towards the shore. Why did they change that?)

My friend has had an experience like this as well, for all of the Pokemon games he's played. He always got to the Elite Four and stopped there. I think it was more out of laziness, but...same principle. Then, he apparently tried the Elite Four on Diamond recently, and was telling me about it. He told me that he lost because he didn't know you couldn't save in between trainers. I was like "Come on, how could you forget that? That's a staple of the series!" Then he reminded me that he'd never fought the Elite Four before.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow- Curse you vile frown beast of cloud land!

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros 2 (**** you Wart :mad:)
Halo (on legendary)
Past the second level of Pac-man

most of these games i never passed because i played them whne i was little (like 4-7)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Sonic is the only game that has ever had me stuck at the last level because once you get a game over, you have to start from Zone 1. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't take me long to beat the Sonic games either. I've beat them now though, so it's all good.

~rh

Smash Lord
Freaking Super Monkey Ball 2 [yeah, i liked it].
Star Ocean 3

Darkslash

Smash Master
Star Wars Shawdow's of the Empire: I WAS ABOUT TO GET OUT AND THEN I CRASHED THE OUTLANDER!!!! I WAS LIKE NNNNNOOOOOO

Star wars: episode 1 racer: I crashed my podracer and subulba just sped past me :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
Pumped all of my points on House of the Dead 2 (or 3) at a Dave and Busters once. I was at the very last boss with no points left on my card and as my friend and I got him down to... a pixel of health, he killed us. God****it...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh yeah, forgot Sonic 3D Blast...

The blasted Final Fight is seemingly endless!

IronSquirrel891

Smash Apprentice
I may trump all with this one...

Zelda II.

I am on the last temples DOORSTEP
what i hate about it is that a guide is almost REQUIRED as that last temple is a mapless maze with hard *** enemies.
i havent attempted finishing it for a few months, since i couldnt even manage to walk all the way back to the **** final temple without losing a life.
arg.
i love/hate that game.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (can't get past the Emperor Ing's 3rd stage ****!!!)

Super Mario 64... Couldn't beat Bowser.

Viewtiful Joe.... Couldn't get past the part where you fight all the previous bosses one after the other... and they are like hyper or something.... **** THAT SHARK!!!

Megaman and Bass... I accidentally deleted my highest data (which took me so many tries) so I was like **** it.

Shaman King... hard *** game.

Kirby's Amazing Mirror (how many ****ing times do I have to beat the last boss!)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
To me was Dr. Mario 64 on hard mode, Vampire Wario is a punk at that game at the time I got it. You know what's the said part, I beat him just yesterday on Nintendo Puzzle Collection and it was hard to beat him on normal. T_T

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Used to be Pokemon Puzzle League. Now... it's not.

I haven't really got stuck on the last level of any game recently. I do get halfway and play another game, though. >.>;

Tr0n

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Land, after all the effort then dying at the end, and having to start over ¬_¬
**** that games inability to save! lol

Sensai

Smash Master
Um...I generally obsess over a game if I can get it towards the end, simply 'cause I feel like I've wasted too much time on it if I don't beat it.

HOWEVER, there are a few cases in which I have left a nearly finished game unbeaten.

Final Fantasy IX : I got to the end (like...the part where it gets kinda weird about robots and such) and my memory card erased. I just said '**** it' and gave up on it.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: Got to the second to last fight (maybe 3rd to last) where you go through a LONG battle and then fight the Black Knight, in which there is no save inbetween. Well...I didn't put Aether on Ike and, clearly, had no chance in hell of beating him. I finally gave up after playing that same battle like...3 times.

[Edit:]

Oh, and also Mega Man X2, where you have to fight Zero. Couldn't beat him...but then again, that was a LONG time ago.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Um...I generally obsess over a game if I can get it towards the end, simply 'cause I feel like I've wasted too much time on it if I don't beat it.

HOWEVER, there are a few cases in which I have left a nearly finished game unbeaten.

Final Fantasy IX : I got to the end (like...the part where it gets kinda weird about robots and such) and my memory card erased. I just said '**** it' and gave up on it.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: Got to the second to last fight (maybe 3rd to last) where you go through a LONG battle and then fight the Black Knight, in which there is no save inbetween. Well...I didn't put Aether on Ike and, clearly, had no chance in hell of beating him. I finally gave up after playing that same battle like...3 times.

[Edit:]

Oh, and also Mega Man X2, where you have to fight Zero. Couldn't beat him...but then again, that was a LONG time ago.
Beating the Black Knight is one of the easiest parts of the game. Doesn't even need Aether.

Option 1: Fight the bast***
Load Ike with Elixirs before the battle. Move him right infront of the Black Knight. The Black Knight will attack you. You get hurt. He gets hurt. Its now your turn. Heal yourself. Rinse and repeat until you win.

Option 2: Run like ****
Move Ike to the glowing squares at the door where Ike appears in and escape. There you've just skipped the fight.

What is the gain/penalty for fighting/not fighting The Black Knight?

If you beat him:
You get Nasir in the next level and from then on out. He is a white dragon.

If you run like Lucas:
You get Ena in the next level and from then on out. She is a red dragon.

Now Nasir is definitely a better character than Ena, but for the sake of unlocking the artwork, I would suggest to take one option the first time and the other the second time.

But to unlock all artwork you have to beat the game thrice. One for each Laguz King.

Top Bottom