• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you've raged on so much?

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Is there any part in a certain game that was so hard that you cursed and raged so hard you wanted to break your controller? I've had alot of those moments,but my most recent is in Kirby's Dream Land 2....yea. Lvl 5 in world 5 trying to get the secret star thingy. It's freaking hard having to keep a spark ability while going through a moving level where if you get hit once you lose it and have to start all over again while dodging cutters and trying to get to the door but getting hit by the porcupines, then having to jump at an akward angle to break blocks when you finally make it to the room to get the star thingy but falling to your death. *breaths for air*>.>

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Burnout 3, the final tournament of the Super class of vehicles.

WHY THE **** DID MY CAR JUST DO A DOUGHNUT?! WHAT DA **** DID I JUST CRASH INTO?! HOW THE **** DID HE NOT DIE ALREADY?!

Yeah, and then my dad walks in and snatches the controller from my sweaty hands. That's pretty rage inducing too. >_>

Yaya

Smash Champion
Goemon's Great Adventure

Mainly for what you have to see after every game over.

Every god **** time.

finalark

SNORLAX
A number of the story missions in F-Zero GX, then again, I was much younger when I played them so they might not be as hard as I remember them to be. Also...

Ever play Kaizo Mario?

EDIT: My avatar just reminded me, anyone who has played the first Earthworm Jim will rage at these words:

"Down the Tubes."

D1

Banned via Administration
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Water Temple

Made me utter words I never thought I could given my upbringing.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Sonic Heroes.

There was this stupid train level of some sort. The game is pretty ****ty, but this one particular level took the cake.

I try to break a box; sonic flies off the side.
I attack an enemy with my homing attack; sonic flies off the side.
I jump on the rails; sonic falls through the rails.
I try to do a homing attack into a spring (you are supposed to); sonic flies off the side.
I accidentally press A an extra time in the air; sonic does a homing attack off the side.
I am walking, minding my own business; sonic falls through an invisible hole. This happened in three different locations
:mad::mad::mad:

After 1 hour on this level, I just stopped. Never played again. The only game to ever make me do that lol.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ This forever. It's so easy to die in this game. I can't say that I enjoy hard mode in this game either. ); ♥

♣ The second game I raged in was Super Mario Bros 2, (Lost Levels). ♥

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
A number of the story missions in F-Zero GX, then again, I was much younger when I played them so they might not be as hard as I remember them to be. Also...

Ever play Kaizo Mario?

EDIT: My avatar just reminded me, anyone who has played the first Earthworm Jim will rage at these words:

"Down the Tubes."
Mission 2 in FZGX=RAAAAAAAGE. So **** hard.

Down the Tubes. Ugh, the bubble is SO ANNOYING. I just recently made it past the bubble that's been giving me SO much trouble and am now on "Snot a Problem, Round 3." Havin' trouble on that.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Meh, it was a Star Fox game, I think. The one with teh dinosaurs. I had no idea where to go after I did this thing for this guy or whatever. I just stopped playing since I didn't know what to do.

Also, Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer. Jesus Christ, you ******* hit them in the chest 3 times with a rifle and still don't ****** kill them!?!?!?!/ And they shoot FASTER than u!?!??! a;klsjdflaks

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
FF9 had me upset for a while. Excalibur 2 is ridiculous. Constantly perfecting your time, not running into encounters for that sword. I'm a very very big perfectionist. (I get lv99 in FF Tactics just cause), but I couldn't get that sword. It still pains me... I can get lv99 with max stats and armor because a low lv game...but I'll never have that sword....

Beating a 4disc game in 12 hours....

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
MP3: Corruption - Aurora Unit 313. 20-30 tries to kill him, easily. I hate that **** boss....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Battletoads.

That level was so frustrating! >.< Had to time everything juuuuuust right. I still haven't passed it:mad:

Oh and Dota. GAH

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
When i was younger I raged at Super mario Sunshine! Pissing me off! HOW THE ****ITY **** DID I MISS THAT JUMP!

Now I rage at Tekken 6 (how in the world does Lars have a shryouken that can be used in the first second of the match?)
and sometimes Super Street Fighter 4 when you find some kid going one round and turtling. (Akumas Claws Kens) Pissin me off. AW the time RAN OUT! LUCKY little punk, Playing as guile btw!

Oh but what made me mad the most was Gears of War 2. Especially online play! Mutha fugding LAG , Muthafudgeing bad match making, Muthafudging Host advanted, Mutha fudging Lancer, Mutha fudging POWER WEAPONS! Gah that game made me so mad but its so fun watching a guy get shotgun i kept on playing.

>.> I dont see how anyone can rage on a Kirby game....i mean he's just so pink and lovable... BUT I CANT BEAT THE TRUE Arena FOR THE GOD **** LIFE OF ME! RIGHT WHEN I GET TO THAT FAT PENGUIN IN HIS JASON MASK HE WEAKENS ME DOWN SO WHEN I FIGHT JEWELS AND GATLACIA KNIGHT IM BONED. Piece of crap penguin pisses me off that's the only thing that is keeping me from a perfect 100% in Kirby Superstar Ultra. I hope De De De becomes De De DEAD! >:(

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Any racing game ever. They design these games to be rediculously hard. (Burnout paradise doesn't help either with the negative announcer, still best racing game though, imo)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Modern Warfare 2 (I always rage when I get bull**** deaths)

Street Fighter 4 (Some of the challenges were insanely hard,I smashed a 360 controller because of this Akuma/Goken one)

Halo 3 (Being against American/Asian host.....enough said)

Blazblue (When I accidentally do the wrong special or accidentally barrier burst)

******* Mario (self explanatory)

Diddy Kong Racing (Unlocking T.T)

Marble Madness (One or 2 levels were infuriating)

Castlevania:Bloodlines (Some of those bosses.....)

Majoras Mask: (Water temple/Stone Tower)

GTA4 (Cop with shotgun owning you out of nowhere/cars smashing you for no reason and making you fail a mission)

Yes there are many games that have made me rage,these are just a few.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Any megaten game in which a random spell from a foe can turn a good battle into a fight to keep everyone from dieing next turn.

(all of this can happen in one turn)
"Ha Im kicking this group of enemies butt so much wait-"
:random enemy casts spell that someone is weak to:
"crap I didn't know it could do that"
:random group of enemies gets another turn from super effective attack, target weak member again with super effective move, weak member dies"
"...."
:Enemies get another turn, uses super powerful physical skill, kills the healer:
"oh come on"
:gets stuck with the one team member who cant do anything super effective to the enemy:
:rage:

...well it only makes me rage when I'm two inches from a save point, Its super fun otherwise. At least its not Nocturne where one teammate dieing is a game over.
I cant wait to play that!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
CoDMW2

I swear I get killed by every predator missile everyone shoots :mad:

I've also raged pokemon Platinum when I tried to do a Horsea only run.

Let's say I really raged when I reached the grass gym and some trainer with an electabuzz on the way to Snowpoint :mad:

Minato

穏やかじゃない

"Down the Tubes."
I vaguely remember a stage with that name...
Maybe my mind has blocked that out. Just maybe...

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Water Temple

Made me utter words I never thought I could given my upbringing.
I love the Water Temple. I had issues with the first time, obviously.
It's probably because there are 2 somewhat easily missable rooms that screw people early on.

Battletoads.
http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Battletoads-Impossible-Speedway.png

That level was so frustrating! >.< Had to time everything juuuuuust right. I still haven't passed it:mad:
Ugh, Battletoads. Yeah, this is probably THE game that gave me the most difficulties and made me rage. They were pretty evil to put two of those stages in that game. I want to beat this game someday. :laugh:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

i spent more time trying to get past this part then i did completing the rest of the game.

also water temple obv.

DUB

Smash Lord
Super Mario Sunshine :mad: That game is a lot of fun but some of the secret levels where you have to run across spinning blocks and jump on floating platforms to get across to the star ( namely one on Ricco Harbor ) are really frustrating.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Clockwork Ruins Galaxy and the second star of the Melty Monster Galaxy
of Super Mario Galaxy 2

They make me feel like the Meowth in my avatar

(spoilers in spoiler tags)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Clockwork Ruins Galaxy and the second star of the Melty Monster Galaxy
of Super Mario Galaxy 2
The only problem in the 2nd mission is that you roll so fast.

I HATE that Thwomp place in World S of Galaxy 2

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Blaz Blue
Halo 3 (probably the most out of the 3)
Street Fighter 4 Made me break one of my xbox 360 controllers

Top Bottom