• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestops staying open even when Malls are closed?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I saw that the mall where my Gamestop is will close at 9:30... yet the gamestop itself has confirmed that they have the tournament and a midnight launch all nice and planned.

What does this mean? Will everything in the mall close but the Gamestop? Will Mall security put a premature damper on the proceedings and kick us all out (no doubt with me screaming "ATTICA! ATTICA!"). Will we have to wait outside a foot of snow to get in and get the game?

I'm becoming more and more paranoid as the golden hour comes near...

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Just falcon punch them if they drag you out.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Generally, areas outside of the Gamestop area will be roped/gated off. The only places you could walk without trying to slip past security would be Gamestop, the exit, and any movie theatre that might be nearby.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Not all stores are doing it, be they Gamestop, EB Games, Babbages (God I miss calling it that), etc.

But yeah, EB Games was bought out by Gamestop, so it's the same store. Doesn't mean they'll have the tournament though.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Mine is outside the mall. I hope there's plenty of security. I would hate to get shanked after waiting for so long..

madcow3000ca

Smash Rookie
You will probably enter through a service door in the mall. I had to do that when I picked up Burning Crusade last year. Only problem is I'm in Canada so I don't know if mine is opening up at midnight lol.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
ebgames in Canada that is.

Actually, no stores are opening at midnight around here.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
With mine, you had to go though the back. Call your Gamestop and see what they are doing.

Top Bottom