• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gametable tournament, Mineola NY, 1/09/10

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Pretty sure well get 20 peole for this atm...

Me / Pgn / viva / will / kirin / PD / anti / cjtherooftime / bobby emerald / ace / blaze /marko x / penta / korpo / rathy aro / coontail / cheese

18 people right there, and im sure 2 more ppl will show.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Apparently Im bringin like 3-5 people too, you can count them

although they have a habit of bailing...

Edit:

Just realized that its winter, and the walk from the train station is gonna suck balls. would anyone be able to give us a lift from the station?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Pretty sure well get 20 peole for this atm...

Me / Pgn / viva / will / kirin / PD / anti / cjtherooftime / bobby emerald / ace / blaze /marko x / penta / korpo / rathy aro / coontail / cheese

18 people right there, and im sure 2 more ppl will show.
hmm am i the ace u mentioned? my tag is now glassjoe ace was a temp tag which i don't use anymore.

Anyway Will can't make it he has to work that Saturday i think he said he was covering for someone else or something. anyway Kirin might not come as well since will is his ride most of the time but i have not spoken to him so i could be wrong.

but thats only two people at most from that list who can't make it so i am sure we will still have over 20 people coming to this.

this is going to be fun coming in not playing for like a month :) i am not going to be rusty due to this lack of playing no instead i will be rid of all my bad habits and be better then ever. this lack of playing is a detox its just going to make me better.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman

Edit:

Just realized that its winter, and the walk from the train station is gonna suck balls. would anyone be able to give us a lift from the station?
Don't you drive now?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
hmm am i the ace u mentioned? my tag is now glassjoe ace was a temp tag which i don't use anymore.

Anyway Will can't make it he has to work that Saturday i think he said he was covering for someone else or something. anyway Kirin might not come as well since will is his ride most of the time but i have not spoken to him so i could be wrong.

but thats only two people at most from that list who can't make it so i am sure we will still have over 20 people coming to this.

this is going to be fun coming in not playing for like a month :) i am not going to be rusty due to this lack of playing no instead i will be rid of all my bad habits and be better then ever. this lack of playing is a detox its just going to make me better.
lol sorry, it's hard to call you somethin else than what im used to

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
lol sorry, it's hard to call you somethin else than what im used to
yea i know its cool u r not the only one who does that but i am trying to get people to switch.

Also if i do well enough in a tourney to win money my name will be changing again. i have decided to go up the ranks of punch out so if i win money i will become von kaiser. (i might not do this since it could get confusing)

Vinnie

Smash Master
No hype :/ Paradigm is swallowing up all the attendees and the money-winners aren't even interested in going since, if 25 people show and there's 5$ entry, that's only 125$ pot with no doubles, kinda fail lol.

Whatever, I'll be there for money matches and stuff with my new Dazzle, only because I live close to here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Myabe I'll go. I don't know. Trying to save money for pound. And I freaking suck now. rusty as hell ever since I came back to play at Bums tourny. So I could do bad here instead of placeing to get cash at this which is possible for me. dammit man.........and same time I need the practice.

Haunted

Smash Cadet

Edit:

I'd like to walk, if you don't mind... Also, when was the tournament when you had to run back to the store to retrieve the jacket?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
maybe going to this idks if its worth it, idks if i enters singles waste of cash and needs more time for me to train0rz and if i go to this ppl should play me in melee pl0xxx

is it rly worth goin to this tho? lol

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
maybe going to this idks if its worth it, idks if i enters singles waste of cash and needs more time for me to train0rz and if i go to this ppl should play me in melee pl0xxx

is it rly worth goin to this tho? lol
don't you waste cash entering singles at every other tourney. its not like we got pro's form Jearsey and other parts of the north east coming. just a bunch of local's. i can't even go to this. i have not played competitively in a looong time, from school, and LI being dead as ****. i would still enter singles. this games doesn't have a lot of technical skill in it.

tl:dr, just enter singles, you'll probably place very good.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
of course this is worth going to its going to be fun. i feel like we might get a lot of friendlies going on and the local aspect is kinda cool. not every tourney has to have ally at it some smaller ones like this can be very fun as well. btw the last gametable i went to had to play ally round 2 and at that time i was trying to play snake it was not pretty lol i fact it was after that tourney i decided to return to playing rob.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'd like to walk, if you don't mind... Also, when was the tournament when you had to run back to the store to retrieve the jacket?
You're a *******.
Also, I don't remember, it was a while back. 08 or early 09 I believe.

@ hippiedude- If someone brings a melee setup, Ill play some melee. I just got into it 4 days ago so Im not great, but it should be fun. Im sure others would play as well.

Also lookin for MMs at this.

GJ- ROB ditto MM needs to happen.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ i don't know i kinda hate dittos but if u ask me at the tourney i will probably MM u as long as i have cash on me.

Also cjt its to bad there is no doubles i would have loved to go double rob :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Whats the big deal with raising the entry to $10 and adding on doubles... i mean you guys have more than enough time.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Whats the big deal with raising the entry to $10 and adding on doubles... i mean you guys have more than enough time.

well it is really simple. The people that own the store are probably tired of tournaments running into 3AM cause of the amount of events that are occurring. With that, they decided the easiest way to run an event, make money, and reduce losses is to obviously run a 1v1 only tournament and go from there.

There is no SOLID Tournament Host for Long Island and I relaly think that should be a major focus for this coming year. NJ has me and NYC can have me and Wes but LI needs a good TO. I ask that people please step up and help develop the community in LI. Melee and Brawl are strong in LI and it should be nurtured.

Vinnie

Smash Master
will you stfu already?

IM NOT ****ING HOSTING THIS TOURNEY, I HAVE NO SAY IN HOW IT IS RUN, STOP ASKING ME TO CHANGE **** YOUR SO ANNOYING
If anyone has a say in it, it's you.

We're not gonna just... randomly call and say "hai can u pls change this and this and that?"

cuz you know, you're kind of... the advertiser... if anyone were to call, it'd be you...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well it is really simple. The people that own the store are probably tired of tournaments running into 3AM cause of the amount of events that are occurring. With that, they decided the easiest way to run an event, make money, and reduce losses is to obviously run a 1v1 only tournament and go from there.

There is no SOLID Tournament Host for Long Island and I relaly think that should be a major focus for this coming year. NJ has me and NYC can have me and Wes but LI needs a good TO. I ask that people please step up and help develop the community in LI. Melee and Brawl are strong in LI and it should be nurtured.
I agree with u Alex that LI needs some good TO's and i think the best way of getting good TO's is if u come out here and teach a class on it, ive never been to a tourney that ran as well as the ones u run.

edit: is anti coming to this?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Mr. Grumby barely even knows me / isn't @ the store / all these rules were pre-made WITHOUT MY CONSENT, if you don't like it dont come.

Call him yourself and say you're minty, and ask to change it. hell believe you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I think Ryan K should start it off. He be a good rep for LI

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Well, Alex African-American Struggle, being a native long islander, with a little bit of TO experience, I did say that one of my resolutions for 2010 was to get the scene on LI popping off again. There are talks underway of getting some stuff going in LI, and I'm about to put that on my back.

Also, prog is 5 minutes away from the venue, and since i did see some interest, I'll bring a melee setup.

prog

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well, Alex African-American Struggle, being a native long islander, with a little bit of TO experience, I did say that one of my resolutions for 2010 was to get the scene on LI popping off again. There are talks underway of getting some stuff going in LI, and I'm about to put that on my back.

Also, prog is 5 minutes away from the venue, and since i did see some interest, I'll bring a melee setup.

prog
I agree with u Alex that LI needs some good TO's and i think the best way of getting good TO's is if u come out here and teach a class on it, ive never been to a tourney that ran as well as the ones u run.

edit: is anti coming to this?
if people want to really help hit me up and I'll help you organize it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, I'm trying to work something out myself as far as TOing. After Pound though, wanted to get some first-hand experience first and Plank promised to show me the ropes in the process of me assisting.

Also, already committed to a melee thing so I won't be showing here, sorry folks.

Top Bottom