• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameyard Showdown III: 11/27/10 - Garden City, MI

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1: Shugo ($134.40) :falco: :metaknight: - Good **** bro, I didn't expect anything less. Always fun teaming with you. We'll be sure to take first next time but so far we're 3-0 for top 3. Not bad at all lol.

2: Y.b.M ($61.60) :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: - DAT ZSS...OHMAIGAWD IT'S SO GOOD. God Kais!

3: Lain ($39.20) :popo: :metaknight: - Good seeing you again man. I'll come back stronger; you ***** me pretty bad at this.

4: Judge ($22.40) :metaknight: :wario: - Good seeing you again dude. I want to actually play you in singles for once lol.

5: Kel ($11.20) :metaknight: - I think Y.b.M. just earned two new ZSS fanboys after what we watched him do on Lain. Always a pleasure man. :3

5: Azure-Kenny ($11.20) :metaknight: - I wanted to play you but Sneaky was on that Mr. Try Hard status and whooped me before I could get to you.

7: SneakyTako :rob: - Well done Tako, you played like a beast and I'll admit I was overwhelmed. Nice job.

9: Rizk :fox: :pikachu2: - Fun MM/friendlies, and thanks for showing me your controls for triple lasering. I'll keep that in mind.

9: Solecalibur :zerosuitsamus: :dedede: - Good work against Tech, just don't go for too many hard reads if you have the lead last stock. Other than that not bad. Fun carpool too. xD

9: King Beef :peach: :metaknight: - Peach is bad. Grow some balls and bust out the Pikachu you've been working so hard on in singles.

13: Sumer :metaknight: - Fun MM/friendlies. Yeah I tend to pull the double blind on silly matchups like that lol. I did the same thing to my boy Clowsui which means I'll do it to anyone else no sweat haha.

13: Tech Chase :dedede: :snake: - Fun tourney. Ran very well on time despite the setup/space issues. Fun MM as well, just cook your nades some more and mix up how you use them; if you don't cook people will just quicktoss them back at you and neutralize your stage control/camp game for a moment.

13: What's The Point :kirby: :falco: - Good seeing you again, and thanks for the housing offer.

13: Lil' Chris Bass God :snake: - Were you the snake that got bodied in doubles? xD much love man

17: Mikey Lenetia :peach: - Mikeyyyyyy! Always fun hanging out with you. That Zelda...is some scary ****... lol

17: Ori :popo: - Fun MM man. Thanks for the compliments as well. :3

17: AvariceX :pikachu2: - Fun set/MM. Pikachu dittos are the most legit and fun in the game imo.

17: The Mann :metaknight: - Fun games in dubz.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
But not everyone does, I'd appreciate it if you didn't undermine my wins please. Do you any idea how difficult it was to beat him on brinstar? If I made any kind of spacing error I could have lost a stock easily. I avoided his shuttle loops and shielded his tornadoes, getting a close win with ROB. What he should have done is went MK when I cped him to Frigate and went snake on game three.
I think you're getting a little too worked up over a one-liner. I'd tell you to take it easy, but I'm not a yukkuri. Either way, you won, he lost, whatever.

I feel like there is an issue of people johning for other people in MI. Take Lain for example. Y.b.M. 3-0ed him in loser's finals. His ZSS was really solid against lain's IC's, avoiding the CG and ****** nana with his ridiculous hitboxes. But all i heard at the tourny was 'haha lain dropping the ball what a surprise.' ZSS is hard to CG, especially when her down B has invincibility frames and can be canceled to jump away. Shame on you MI.
lain does drop the ball. A lot. In case you haven't been paying attention, he's dropped chaingrabs against practically every single character in the cast in recent play. Yeah, you still have to play solid, but that's... really it. Unlike getting matched up against someone who's actually expected to complete the infinites, where it's more like you'd have to play near perfect.

I don't understand what's so hard to get about this. Are you upset because we're not telling you how good you are, or because we're talking about how bad we are?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Tako's right though; there is an element of humility to account for. Ok...it's common knowledge throughout the community that Lain drops chaingrabs, so why do people still feel the need to reiterate it?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
MI focuses on losses too much. It's always 'MI never plays to their potential' rather than 'Hey OH is actually pretty good' It's not our fault your top 3 is stale, and anther/judge never go to tournies. And you can't expect lain to never drop CGs, cause that just doesn't happen any more. He can't just win with 3 grabs, and unless he steps it up he never will.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
haha kinda like stuck in the passed then maybe. ohio has gotten a lot better, but i still feel like the oh its ohio they aren't that great mentality still lingers also, but results speak bigger than anything. its alright. you really have gotten better tho tako no joke. gj

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MI focuses on losses too much. It's always 'MI never plays to their potential' rather than 'Hey OH is actually pretty good' It's not our fault your top 3 is stale, and anther/judge never go to tournies. And you can't expect lain to never drop CGs, cause that just doesn't happen any more. He can't just win with 3 grabs, and unless he steps it up he never will.
You mean "MI is bad," right? I don't think I've heard anything about us actually having potential. Honestly, I've never liked the worse players claiming people who beat them are "really good," so I'm surprised you're demanding the compliment here.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna actually play brawl more than once every couple of weeks, make sure Flame gets practice and make sure L_cancel can get to the next tourney you Ohio guys come to. Michigan gotta stay on toooopp. ;D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
The johns keep coming lmao. Just don't tell Flame to go to Brinstar and maybe he would of got farther in bracket

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You mean "MI is bad," right? I don't think I've heard anything about us actually having potential. Honestly, I've never liked the worse players claiming people who beat them are "really good," so I'm surprised you're demanding the compliment here.
No I don't mean MI is bad. 'Dropping the ball' insinuates that they would have been fine if they didn't **** up AKA didn't play to their full potential, and you agreed that that's what Lain does.

And what's wrong with giving props to players that beat you? The only reasons why you wouldn't respect your victor is if you need to john about why you lost, or you just have no confidence in your own skill. Honestly this kind of attitude is holding you guys back from having more fun at tournaments IMO. Learn to respect the player who beat you so you can focus more on why that player is better Q.Q. Come to an OH tourny and see whats up ankoku.

And thanks shugo, but I still want to get better and win moneyz :D.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lain dropping the ball is expected, lol. I'm not sure if that means he doesn't play to his "full potential" or whatever or if it means he just doesn't have it in him to play like a champ.

If someone beats me, then it's a gg, pure and simple. I'm fine with people being better, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. By the same token, just because I'm better than someone I beat doesn't make me REALLY GOOD, and with that in mind it doesn't follow that they're still good too. Is that a backwards way of viewing things? Maybe I downplay the meaning of ego a little too hard.

As for going to Ohio, not interested.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
lain dropping the ball is expected, lol. I'm not sure if that means he doesn't play to his "full potential" or whatever or if it means he just doesn't have it in him to play like a champ.

If someone beats me, then it's a gg, pure and simple. I'm fine with people being better, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. By the same token, just because I'm better than someone I beat doesn't make me REALLY GOOD, and with that in mind it doesn't follow that they're still good too. Is that a backwards way of viewing things? Maybe I downplay the meaning of ego a little too hard.

As for going to Ohio, not interested.
This is where we differ, I actually have confidence in my brawl prowess while you apparently don't. Being good is always going to be relative, but having pride in how well you can play isn't a bad thing. This allows me to congratulate my victors wholeheartedly and helps me aspire to become better. You should try it sometime.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I will know when I am good without having to have people tell me it. Just because my standard is set higher than yours doesn't mean I don't have confidence.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
*sighs* I hope this doesn't escalate into a Ohio vs Michigan extravaganza.

There is nothing wrong with friendly competition/rivalries.

Honestly many of us know Ohio is overall better than MI. I don't always believe its been that way but we should focus on the present and not the past. The fact is MI is trying to rebuild a scene and slowly we are reaching that goal. I can understand some people getting a little discouraged when our best player who has once defeated M2K gets 3-0ed by a reputable but not as reputable player from another state. Ironically, MI has a LOT of pride despite where we are now. Pride in our top player because most of us know without Lain we'd be an even more mediocre state.

I don't think that no one saying GJ Y.b.M is something to be taken personally. That's just local pride in effect. Y.b.M and OH did a great job this weekend. All of them placed Top 9 or better which is great.

But I do personally think MI has been riding the coat tails of the big MI 3 for too long. No one wants to admit that we have a lot of work to do is all. Oh rather only a few will actually acknowledge it. But at the same time I personally like to use that to get better. I wanna make a difference :)

Anyway lectures back and forth won't get us anywhere and probably won't do anything productive lol. All I'm going to say is good job to Ohio..we'll get you back at SSI4 ;)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
OH vs MI crew battle lets get itttt

after kenny and flame practice more again

also, I am so awesome I start a war without even intending to

Boxxy

Smash Lord
shout outs

1: Shugo ($134.40)- rapeeeeee. falco so broke ggs
2: Y.b.M ($61.60)- zss 2 broken :( ggs
3: Lain ($39.20)- i <3 u so much omggg. id be 1000 times worse with out you. i appreciate it so muchh. you and gio are my favorite people i've met through this game
4: Judge ($22.40)-rapeage in dubs good ****ttt for not playing the game in forever
5: Azure-Kenny ($11.20)- mi ****
7: hippiedude- im so bad
7: SneakyTako- ggs really nice rob dude
9: Rizk- really close to dat moneyy
9: Solecalibur- yo thanks a lot for the tips on vs kirby and zss i really appreciate it.
9: King Beef- ggs in our mm good to finally meet you
13: Sumer- **** falcon mm thx for picking up a pizza for me lol
13: Tech Chase- thanks for hosting dude
13: What's The Point- good seeing you again
13: Lil' Chris Bass God- step it up lol
17: Mikey Lenetia- good seeing you again alsoo
17: Ori- ori hoooooo gio will **** u next time he tries ;)
17: Yasu- ggs nice sonic
17: The Mann- mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
25: Gio- just like lain you dont know how much i appreciate all the friendlies we play(ed) and all the things you've told me and showed me. i'd be lost with out you guys real talkkk. you and lain are my favorite people ive met through this game
25: Wuvzz- hi yoshi is broken step it up

Rizk

Smash Rookie
my n!gga tutu u shouldve came, i wouldve had even more fun if u came lol,yeah mikey dont think any less of me i was just joking,usually if i put "lol" after my sentenes its just a joke,and i seen peachs 0-death on fox on youtube,its b.s but its hard to do ithink lol

judge!

Smash Ace
ggs everyone it was def fun. everyones gotten so good!. shoutouts later

Kel

Smash Master
Lain seemed "on" to me that day. I've seen his "off" days, and this didn't SEEM like one of them. I even complimented him on his new tricks. He's definitely better than he used to be. I commend him for it. However, he will always be 08 Lain to me, and the butt of all jokes. such as making him sing Alanis Moursette songs in Rock band about going "down" on guys in theaters.

Ankoku, let me put this another way:
When M2K 2 stocks you and says "Ugh, I'm playing SO bad today." He's essentially inferring "God, you're so bad that I should be three-stocking you!"
It's kind of bad sportsmanship to say "I SHOULD be beating you (more)!" And I think that's where Sneaky is coming from. It doesn't bug me, so I could be wrong though.

Thanks for hosting the tournament and housing us, Tech. You're awesome. Next time I'm Omni-gaying you though!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ankoku, let me put this another way:
When M2K 2 stocks you and says "Ugh, I'm playing SO bad today." He's essentially inferring "God, you're so bad that I should be three-stocking you!"
It's kind of bad sportsmanship to say "I SHOULD be beating you (more)!" And I think that's where Sneaky is coming from. It doesn't bug me, so I could be wrong though.
I have no idea what this has to do with anything. Part of this may be due to Michigan being sad about being bad and Ohio thinking that they're actually talking about "not playing to full potential." : j

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Wish I was there.
Good stuffs Ohio.
Goin to MI and stealin dem monies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Lol I used to keep thinking "Man, I sure am off today" whenever I lost matches. Then I noticed I kept thinking that.. A lot. Then I started thinking "Okay am I really off this much or am I just not as good as I thought in comparison to others?" Then I just came to the conclusion I just need to get better :p Excuses get you nowhere. Making excuses for others doesn't help anyone either. You just have to recognize the problem and solve it :)

@Kel; No problem, I was happy to have such a nice group of visitors and I love to host tournies. :D

Next time though..I shall have my revenge >:]

Shoutouts later today. I forgot to do them lol.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Unless it's 2v2 or 3v3 with the old MI top 3 GG MI
I'm not even sure about that anymore. Take the top 3 from the Ohio power rankings; Shugo, Kel and Blue Rogue.... Tossup imo.

I tried to get an OH vs MI crew talk going for MLG CBus, it never happened and it was unlikely to anyways because of the way the tourney was set up. Maybe at SiiS4 or even maybe a MW-E (or even MW) vs whoever... That would be fun!!

Also: very proud of all the players from Ohio who made the trip. You did really well. :denzel:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I think we have enough players to maybe have a competitve 5vs5 or 6vs6 but beyond that I'm pretty sure Ohio would dominate MI. lol. It's pretty much a fact that Ohio has more talent overall than MI atm. This shouldn't be taken as a jab at Michigan, but rather a motivation to improve. I honestly feel like too many players in MI are content with being mediocre, and don't actually strive to improve and try to reach the top. I've heard players just give up before playing the likes of Lain, Judge, or Anther.

If you don't strive to be the best, you won't ever be the best. Let's step it up, MI. o:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Shoutouts :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1: Shugo - Nice metting you, Ohio people are always fun to talk to!

2: Y.b.M - Good seeing you again, that ZSS is mad ****!

3: Lain - D: You need to help me one of these days. D: I'll AIM you later and tell you what Iv'e been working on.

4: Judge - Glad we could chill before and during the tourny. If you're ever free for a tourny give me a call, your pretty much on the way to every tourny when I'm at home. <3

5: Kel - Nice seeing you again, idk if you remember me at Nopes xD.

7: SneakyTako - Good seeing you again Tako, you're always fun to talk to/chill with. Definetly going to be going to more Ohio tournies.

9: Rizk - GG's in friendlies good seeing you again.

9: Solecalibur - D3 ***** marth D: GG's in friendlies though.

9: Wakka Flaka - GG's in the tourny you have gotten better since last time we played.

13: Sumer - Fun friendlies :D

13: Tech Chase - Don't be discouraged by your placing, you did very well, your D3 is becoming very amazing, stick with 1 or 2 characters and you will be fine. I think you get a little worked up over nothing when you place badly. Btw, play without your music. I can tell sometimes when you're not playing to your full potential you fiddle with your headphones and such. Always good hanging out with you as always Derek. :D

13: What's The Point - We need to play again, I can't remember the last time I played against you haha. Good seeing you!

17: Mikey Lenetia - Good seeing you again Mikey.

17: Ron - Wtf at marth spikes during our tourny game haha. Gg's though.

17: Ori - Glad you could make it to this! Good seeing you again!

25: Gio - Thanks for having us over the night before. Glad I could finally meet you haha.

25: Mew1000 - Gg's in friendlies!

25: Gifts - Ugh... have nothing to say to you because you played so damn bad.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Needs moar shoutouts and less sodium. :cool:

<3 MI though, especially Will, Nick, Tech and Mikey. No homo

ZTD | TECHnology

1: Shugo ($134.40) - Shugalicious! Great to see you again as always. Great job with your placements but I wouldnt expect anything less from you.

2: Y.b.M ($61.60) - Hey pimpin' it was cool seeing you again and excellent job with the 3-0 on Lain. You make that Zamus look very sexy. Hope to get some real matches with you at SSI4!

3: Lain ($39.20) - Baby...its all good you'll get him next time. You still **** and everyone knows it ;)

4: Judge ($22.40) - You don't even go to tournaments and you still get 4th and thats with Ohio..you ****. And fun hanging out with you again <3 Vanilla Vodka ftw.

5: Kel ($11.20) - Man you got me pretty good in winners. I lost patience and you're very patient. Fun matches nonetheless. I shall have my revenge >:) It's on at SSI4!

5: Azure-Kenny ($11.20) - Good job son.

7: hippiedude - I told you you'd get at least top 7. Scrub.

7: SneakyTako - Good job with the 7th. And thanks for letting my TV ride shotty.It wanted me to say thank you for it ;)

9: Rizk - You've gotten better!

9: Solecalibur - Funny set lol. And thanks a lot for helping fun the tourney. It was a big success <3 Hope to see you soon...though next time the set will me mine. ;)

9: Wakka Flaka - Scott...Fail name is fail. Good job on 9th though.

9: King Beef - KBizzle, one my favorite OH peeps. Fun MM..and yeah I think you're right..I'll get my revenge on you as well soon lol. We gotta chill soon.

13: Sumer - Great to see you again as always bro.

13: Tech Chase - .......lol your D3 hits with the dumbest ****.

13: What's The Point - Happy you could make it out to this..sorry about putting you up against Flame though it was the best I could do short notice.

13: Lil' Chris Bass God - Im surprised at your placement..but I know you still ****. Hope to see you again soon..lets get some matches in too.

17: Mikey Lenetia <3 Mikey. Great to see you again it was nice surprise seeing you at my tourney. Taking Lain to Game 3 was hot.

17: Ron - Good games.

17: Ori - My baby Ori. Nice to see you show up also <3

17: AvariceX LOL...I will remember our set for a looooong time. Jankiest **** ever! Good games. Come to another tourney here soon and play me :)

17: Yasu - :sonic:

17: The Mann: Go back to :luigi2:

17: Derrick: Nice to see you again.

17: Bt2rz Nice to meet you :D

25: Gio Thanks for letting me chill at your place Friday :D When we gonna get smashed?? :D

25: Wuvzz Dat :yoshi2: is fun to watch.

25: Mew1000 Good games..sorry if I was in a bad mood before...I let singles get to me too much and forget to have fun.

25: Gifts Kyle baby it was fun teaming with you for doubles even if we got ***** lol I hope the new character works out for you but hopefully you find something soon. You've got a road ahead of you but I know one day you're gonna pull through and surprise some people. I'll always be here to help when you need bro.

Top Bottom