• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa ft. KAGE, BAM, ally, holy, raynex, vwins, unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Recording Go April-May Monthly (Melee)

Hello everyone, be prepared for a big block of text… with a summary at the bottom.

I had a quick correspondence with prog the other day, and he and chain-ace have decided to open up the proposed MeleeAtlNorth Youtube channel found HERE to other communities, namely, ours. I do not know at this point if a MeleeInternational channel will be made, but that seems to be the case.

Anyways, my point is that with this tournament coming up with so many high-level players attending, we have a great opportunity to showcase our talented community to everyone. I think that now might be a great time for individuals to highlight their ability and willingness to utilize their recording equipment for the benefit of EC Canada’s Melee scene. I myself will be doing my best to co-ordinate a few Dazzle’s and a DVR. I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive some feedback, so that we can organize and successfully execute match recording.

An aside for the curious, GAMING OTTAWA will technically own the recordings, but that is just a formality so that they can potentially use the material for promotions in the future. They have no qualms with us independently taking care of recording and eventual uploading.-

tl;dr If we record the Ottawa tournament, then prog and chain-ace will upload it for wide exposure. **Get back to me**

buenob

Smash Lord
Brawl is $10 now too... everything is $10!! lol

Aksys is sponsoring us a bit by giving the top2 BB:CS players AH3 DLC vouchers in addition to the regular prize pot!

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hi! there's quite a few of us from toronto that are interested in coming to the melee portion of this tournament but currently do not have housing =(. We're driving here and are wondeirng if anyone can house us for the night. There are two cars with a total of 8-10 people :S

The other toronto car already has housing (pogogo + raynex+unknown522 and c3)

buenob

Smash Lord
make sure that Rbox comes to this!

unfortunately I can't house anyone... I am moving appts. and the place is full of boxes :(

Windrose

Smash Lord
I have a full car of five people including myself but we don't have housing. :(

:phone:

tect

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, we WILL figure something out =) I may be able to accommodate you all, or in another house with other people from out of Ottawa.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for the heads up! Let me know asap so I can tell the people in my car what's happening! Thanks once again.

buenob

Smash Lord
There is a huge parking lot at the venue. It is free. I am sorry, but there is no valet option :)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I hope you've all been practicing hard. This event is going to be hype! Shame I can't enter mvc3 because of the schedule : (

I'm in for Melee singles and doubles (w/ Unknown52good). See you all next weekend!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I hope you've all been practicing hard. This event is going to be hype! Shame I can't enter mvc3 because of the schedule : (

I'm in for Melee singles and doubles (w/ Unknown52good). See you all next weekend!
I hope YOU'VE been practicing hard because if not doom awaits you.

Sim

Smash Apprentice
We don't have to pre-register right?

I can just pay the entrance fees when I arrive on May 7th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom