• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa: January Monthly -- RESULTS UP

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
This is actually the same drive length as VC is. And I've never been to a Canadian tournament. So I actually may come to this from Upstate NY just to say i did. Anyone interested in housing? Maybe teams?

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
I accept your money match ben!
Holy I challenge to a $5, any char. mm!
I will also accept mm challenges as mk or fox! Especially you Montrealers!

Hey Gaia! I hope you make it up! Sorry I cant offer housing at the moment...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I accept your money match ben!
Holy I challenge to a $5, any char. mm!
I will also accept mm challenges as mk or fox! Especially you Montrealers!

Hey Gaia! I hope you make it up! Sorry I cant offer housing at the moment...
I'll MM your MK with ROB for 5$(I like challenge) and I will also MM your Fox with ROB if you want, name the price.

This is actually the same drive length as VC is. And I've never been to a Canadian tournament. So I actually may come to this from Upstate NY just to say i did. Anyone interested in housing? Maybe teams?
Interesting this will be nothing compared to VC9 attendance but it would be nice to see you there Cura, who else are you bringing? But I'm afraid whatever you bring will fall to me =)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
ok.... SO FAR I HAVE

HolyNightmare, Citrus, Mar1, and posibly Jordon (Mar1's friend) IN MY CAR.

Sounds good so far.. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Damn I smell a MM between Buenob and Citrus, HYPE!
I'm extremely excited of visiting Ottawa again, It's been 2 years.

Quick history:

Last time I came down was when Buenob hosted OBscene 1.0 which was around february 2009(DAYUM it's been that long). This was the last time Toronto actually attended a tournament close to Quebec, I also played Kingace for the first time here and beat him with ROB ;)
However Me and Ally actually lost doubles for the first time ever to Kingace and Ambrose double MK team, good times. I hope all the old ottawa players still plays!

-Googs

Smash Lord
i beat beunod in LBT2 pools 2-0 against his rob (it was my first tourney)
He made it out of pools though I didn't :( death pool ftw

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Hey buenob, do you know when the event will start? Like the timeframes for each?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's just testing your willpower to keep going!

"The following errors occurred with your submission
1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
hey im pretty rusty but im thinking coming to this. i think i might have to read up on smashboards events/activities more often

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
which 1 is that?
i got a pspgo over xmas so i put pokemon emerald on it. the battle frontier is fun

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
oh that thing. its defense isnt the best but its a decent late game sweeper. its probably good on trick room teams.
as far as the psp... it was easy enough to hack but there no good rpgs for it. well, no classic rpg fight system

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's massively strong due to Magic Guard + Life Orb and learns Trick Room itself, so it just needs to find a way to get in (which isn't hard due to its bulk + Recover), and then the opposing team is torn to shreds with Psycho Shock, Focus Blast, and/or Shadow Ball.

ANYWAY HYPE 10 MORE HOURS WOOOO

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
holy, guard, and mar1 tooktop 3 (in that order). way to wreck ottawa, haha. i came 9th which is better than i expected. props to ben for puttin this together and ill see everyone next time.

buenob

Smash Lord
ugh, results are on a laptop, in a bag, wich is burried somewhere under around 20 tv's... results will be up tonight :)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Is a bracket going to be posted? So this tourney can be accepted by Rajam's ranking system? I don't mind making as thread on the result forums but I need at least the bracket so buenob if you got it, send it to me plz :D

PND

Smash Champion
I asked on the GamingOttawa forum, I was told that they will be uploading one. So patience, grasshopper. :p

We need it for consideration within the new Ottawa PR. . . we feel your pain.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I can't wait for the Ottawa PR to be updated :D. Will u guys refer to yourselves as eastern Ontario or just Ottawa or northern Ontario btw?

I can't wait to play Guard and Mar1 at the Ontario pwn classic. I'm up in sets vs them :D.

Top Bottom