• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gannondorf taunts the players who wanted him to have a sword.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
With his sword taunt he is basiclly saying "You want me to use this? Too bad."As he pulls a sword literally out of his a$$. Thanks a lot.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Well thats the main reason he doesnt use it. They didnt want yet another sword user. what would have been sweet though would have been if they made his sword taunt a counter.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
If he used his sword there would be no need for Ike. Ganon would destroy Ike, more so, with a sword.

Besides when I pull the taunt out is just proves Ganon right when he says
"See this? Don't need it!"

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Yes, Ganondorf most definitely should have had a sword. I posted this on another forum to express my logic behind it:

Wanna know what pisses me off about Brawl? Gannondorf not getting a sword. Ever since seeing the graphic teaser of Link and Gannondorf that Nintendo made for the Gamecube I've wanted Gannondorf to be a wicked sword fighter. He even begins to use a sword in all of the Zelda games following it! I was willing to tolerate Gannondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee due to time constraints, but after the release of Twilight Princess and him using a sword in that game as well I fully expected him to be a 300 pound sword weilding monster. He even has a taunt that SHOWS you the sword he COULD be using, but instead decides to punch with the speed of molasses. In Brawl, Gannondorf SHOULD have been what Ike IS, and have Ike get the shaft.

And to add to that, what happened to Ganondorf's signature move of shooting blasts of energy and his new-found ability he used in Twilight Princess to summon ghost horsemen that charge his enemies? Even WITHOUT the sword, they should have concentrated more on moves Ganondorf actually uses in other games, rather than making him a lead-footed version of Captain Falcon.

Crevelyan

Smash Cadet
Yes, Ganondorf most definitely should have had a sword. I posted this on another forum to express my logic behind it:

Wanna know what pisses me off about Brawl? Gannondorf not getting a sword. Ever since seeing the graphic teaser of Link and Gannondorf that Nintendo made for the Gamecube I've wanted Gannondorf to be a wicked sword fighter. He even begins to use a sword in all of the Zelda games following it! I was willing to tolerate Gannondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee due to time constraints, but after the release of Twilight Princess and him using a sword in that game as well I fully expected him to be a 300 pound sword weilding monster. He even has a taunt that SHOWS you the sword he COULD be using, but instead decides to punch with the speed of molasses. In Brawl, Gannondorf SHOULD have been what Ike IS, and have Ike get the shaft.

And to add to that, what happened to Ganondorf's signature move of shooting blasts of energy and his new-found ability he used in Twilight Princess to summon ghost horsemen that charge his enemies? Even WITHOUT the sword, they should have concentrated more on moves Ganondorf actually uses in other games, rather than making him a lead-footed version of Captain Falcon.
I want him to wear a 10 gallon cowboy hat and fight only with his erect phallus. Neither of us will get our way.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I want him to wear a 10 gallon cowboy hat and fight only with his erect phallus. Neither of us will get our way.
Well... duh. The game is already out. There's no way it's getting changed now. But, that doesn't mean I can't talk about it!

theguyfromlabyrinth

Smash Cadet
He uses his Sparta kick in Twilight Princess. I'll agree his b-moves (except b-side) are still a bit too clone-y (although I am a fan of the uppercut thing at the end of his b-up) and a shadow blast projectile of sorts (for his B, for example) could have been useful. A sword, though? Nah. Swords are overdone, especially in Smash. As I said, Ganondorf is already dripping with style; every move of his is incredibly satisfying to pull off and I imagine sword moves would make him less unique. Ike's moves are simply sword slashes in the direction you press. Ganon has intensely powerful-looking kicks, elbows, punches, and stomps.

If they decloned Ganon even more, I'd prefer him to remain swordless.

Top Bottom