• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gannondorf's up-air

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So earlier this week, I was playing melee with a friend who uses gannondorf in melee. I had asked him why he doesn't use gannondorf in project m. He said it was because his up-air has a smaller hitbox at the end of his attack making it harder to semi-spike opponents. I don't know if it is because of brawl hacking issues or maybe he isn't used to the brawl graphics, but can you confirm if it is one of these things? I personally think he is so good in project M that a smaller hitbox at the end of his upair isn't that bad, but I want to know if what he is saying is true.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
So earlier this week, I was playing melee with a friend who uses gannondorf in melee. I had asked him why he doesn't use gannondorf in project m. He said it was because his up-air has a smaller hitbox at the end of his attack making it harder to semi-spike opponents. I don't know if it is because of brawl hacking issues or maybe he isn't used to the brawl graphics, but can you confirm if it is one of these things? I personally think he is so good in project M that a smaller hitbox at the end of his upair isn't that bad, but I want to know if what he is saying is true.

not PMBR, but i can assure you dude, ganon's hitboxes are exactly the same from melee (actually some attacks are better) as in the same size and everything

its normal really for someone who isn't always looking in the forums to think that, hell every time i play PM with my friend i have to constantly tell him again that fast-fall speed is the same from melee, i also believed that fox's nair was smaller or something, but i then just attributed it to the fact that PM in its current public build doesn't feel as fast or responsive as melee, and well brawl graphics and models and blah blah blah

but yeah, extremely sure its absolutely the same from melee

exactly the same actually

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
yeah, they're exactly the same, to be honest, i don't think i've ever missed an U-air semi spike with him in PM

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
not PMBR, but i can assure you dude, ganon's hitboxes are exactly the same from melee (actually some attacks are better) as in the same size and everything

its normal really for someone who isn't always looking in the forums to think that, hell every time i play PM with my friend i have to constantly tell him again that fast-fall speed is the same from melee, i also believed that fox's nair was smaller or something, but i then just attributed it to the fact that PM in its current public build doesn't feel as fast or responsive as melee, and well brawl graphics and models and blah blah blah

but yeah, extremely sure its absolutely the same from melee

exactly the same actually
thanks. I showed him this thread and he said that he hypothesized that because he feels that it's harder to semispike people because of better recoveries. Though, he does say that he will give gannondorf another shot. I personally think that he is just a little inexperienced with the project m match ups because he mainly plays melee. I feel that once he figures out the match-ups better (or uses bair a little more than uair), he will be able to semispike more players. Thanks for your answers, I will be looking forward to trying out everyone in 3.0

Top Bottom