• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gannons uptilt uses

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
So I kept abusing gannons uptilt on ffa wifi and I was surprised just how effective this attack is.

The range on this thing is disgustingly good. Once people are caught in the draft they panic. They try running away or rolling away which usually ends in your favor. Obviously though this move is escapable.

However I did find some pratical uses for this move.

For example if pika uses downb thunder in front of you, use uptilt to suck him in, if done correctly the uptilt foot comes out too fast for pika to do anything after the downb.

Also, as soon as lucas releases his retardly long upsmash, uptilt and you will suck him in and connect because the lag on that move is too great. That will teach him not to abuse that move.

Also, as a video showed, if they foolishly shield the uptilt it leads to a shield break, which then leads to gannons neutralB fist. Unfortunately this is the only practical use i found with warlock punch.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In order to break someone's shield with the U-tilt, you also need to hit their shield with a D-air most of the time.

But yeah, the U-tilt actually has situational usefulness in Brawl. =P

U-tilt to Warlock Punch combo ftw. XD

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
I use it primarily to specifically edgeguard Ike. His up B doesn't edgesnap on the way up, so if you time and space it correctly so that it goes off at the height of his up B it can connect from outside the reach of the sword's reach due to Ganon's uptilt range. Other than that there doesn't seem to be many practical uses for it. I throw it out sometimes when I think the opponent is going to recover above the stage, which they will sometimes do if they are a character who is susceptible to spikes.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I only use it when I break a shield, jigglypuff misses a rest, or occasionally to edgeguard. Seems alright for those things.

Top Bottom