• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Boards Combo Video

stRIP

Smash Ace
YESZ, go ahead and use my combo video.

In fact, go to my channel and use any video you want.

If anyone has replays they want me to record, just send em over to me and I'll be happy to do it for you *looks at qerkdtx*
ok...i should take 1 of the reversed warlock punches <3

i would say we got enough material now..

DAD if its ok to you (or your friend M0M) i will take this footstool kill vs the Samus player

hyperstation

Smash Lord
ok...i should take 1 of the reversed warlock punches <3

i would say we got enough material now..

DAD if its ok to you (or your friend M0M) i will take this footstool kill vs the Samus player
Of course. Go ahead. If this thing actually gets rolling, I have much, much better material for you. I have basically no matches uploaded, but that will change soon enough.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Of course. Go ahead. If this thing actually gets rolling, I have much, much better material for you. I have basically no matches uploaded, but that will change soon enough.
Just send me the links with pn if they got uploaded

I need the Music first to sync them with the combos, thats really important

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Landed a dope combo (or string) today on a Zelda: I hit with a Wizard Kick around 75% -> FoG DIing towards her as she flew up -> Aerial DAir -> Grounded DAir for a kill off the top. I then killed myself 3 times in a row to save the replay in time. :lick:

Also, just because High on Fire is so f*cking great, I wanted to show you some of their brutality. They're on the really aggro end of Stoner/Doom Metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsXYwrZxV8 (the first bit of this before the singing starts could work really well for part of a ramp up to the action in the combo vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w (welcome to hell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ohxHULGjg (check out some live vids of this song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q0qu664j8c&feature=related (FURY WHIP)

The head dude of this band, Matt Pike, is a f*cking legend. He and Joe Preston basically make up the entirety of the Stoner/Doom metal history. LOL.

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
ok ill send the vid over to you DLA my codes 0346 9940 7882 2214

I'll pm you too.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
does it have to be clips from my combo vid or can give u 2 other clips?

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
I'm not one of the pro's here but I pretty sure it can be any clip. As long as its full of ****.

Player-3

Smash Hero
alright im most likely going to be playing some brawl tonight, and will be able to record the games

so if i get any good clips ill upload <3

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, my friend has footage from us playing yesterday so whenever(or if...) he gets it up on Youtube I'll give you the links. As for music, I'm not much of a heavy/doom/power metal rock guy but Drop the Bombshell by Powerman 5000 is a pretty cool track.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Salty send me the Songs

i think i will begin with the vid end of next week

How long should it be?

I think we make 10 minutes, for that much Ganons it is ok

If as an example the is a Combo from Koskinator, should i write in a corner of the vid that it is kosk?So every scene decorated with the players name?

:034:

Smash Hero
10 minutes is too long for Brawl. 7 minutes is more like it. 10 just gets really boring.

Use Youtube's annotations to put it in the corner. Then, people can decide whether they want to look at the video with or without.

:034:

Smash Hero
No. When I first saw that video, I thought it was just for the intro... Then it didn't stop and it was just plain distracting to me. With Youtube's annotation function, people can just decide whether or not they want to see them.

It's your choice in the end though, so do what you gotta do.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Salty send me the Songs

i think i will begin with the vid end of next week

How long should it be?

I think we make 10 minutes, for that much Ganons it is ok

If as an example the is a Combo from Koskinator, should i write in a corner of the vid that it is kosk?So every scene decorated with the players name?
You have two kind of angles.

Either youe're making a Ganon combo/highlights vid, about the character, and what his meta is doing 2009 and that sort of thing,

or you're making a Ganon boards highlights/exhibition vid, showing off our best and most inventive/terrifying players and their techniques, saying "these guys are coming for your tourneys - be ready."

In the latter case and only the latter case would it make sense to put a marker for the player on the side.
If that is what you're doing, make sure the name is like a 'caption' - something that one can see but isn't distracting (although you may just already be better at editing than I am; I'm sorry if so).

I'm gonna love seeing this when it's together. Ganon for 2009, people. I'll do what I can up here in Canada, lol.

Octane

Smash Rookie
It never happens when the project leader can't record.
It doesn't seem to be going too far right now... It needs to happen. I'm quite interested in watching a video of the best Ganon players and the best Ganon action.

For placing each player's name, annotations would be the best choice. As Flying Dutchman said, it gives the user the choice to show whether they want to look at the names or not.

I have a lot of replays from free for alls, but are they acceptable or not? They don't show too many combos, if any.

One on ones are presumably much better. But will free for alls work as well?

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Yes, I too want to be in this "combo video".
LOL jk but I do wanna be in it, I can send you replay vids through e-mail

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm how did i miss this. Anyway my brother has a ton of awesome ganon combos (mostly vs me lolol) I could upload. Only slight prob is I cant record straight to a hard drive, I always tape my matches on camcorder however I could make it reasonably high quality if needed.

Ill get some footage this weekend, maybe by then we will know who to send the footage to? (in my case ill upload the .mpgs to filefront)

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
You can't convert the .bin files of Brawl videos, because they arean't video formats, they simply tell your Wii which buttons were pressed and when. I record videos by the use of Dazzle and a program called Virtualdub. Dazzle is a $50 product where you can connect to a TV and a computer, and whatever is on the TV gets recorded onto my computer, which is where Virtualdub comes in. VDub records it while I use Dazzle to connect my laptop to the TV.

Top Bottom