• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon dittos...in mah Grand Finals?!

ZeonStar

Smash Ace

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
That looks so fun... I'll convert when brawl + starts getting more popular.

1:17 of the second video. Pretty nice.

What happened at 0:30 in the 3rd video? Zerxion seemed to have teched out before the aerial flame choke's lag finished.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
That looks so fun... I'll convert when brawl + starts getting more popular.

1:17 of the second video. Pretty nice.

What happened at 0:30 in the 3rd video? Zerxion seemed to have teched out before the aerial flame choke's lag finished.
Ive noticed that people can tech and retaliate after aerial sideb, and if I remember correctly, even in normal brawl, some characters could use their getup attack immediately and hit ganondorf before his lag was over from the aerial choke, I need to get word of this around so we can find out a solution.

TP

Smash Master
I hate the current Brawl+ setup. The constantly changing game (and most changes are unnecessary) invalidates any and all discussion like the stuff we do here. I used to love B+, but I have hated it for the last month or so, ever since it divulged into a bunch of people shouting about how to change things. If they ever come out with an official release of the codeset and promise to not change it for a long time, I'll try it again.

During the live stream of Apex, the commentator was talking about B+ and said something like "I love that they made Falcon better, but why did they have to do all that other stuff?" And then I thought to myself, "Wow, a balanced version of regular Brawl would be awesome. Everyone would love it." I don't like the physics changes. Note that I think Melee>Brawl, so I am not against making it more like Melee. I just think it is stupid to do so when we already have Melee.

However, those were awesome matches.

Superspright

Smash Lord
:S Brawl+ is not like melee, or melee like. It's actually trying to follow through with the trueness of the series, which is that aggressiveness, pressure, and combos should exist. In vanilla brawl there is no character aside from MK who can TRULY pressure your shield. In Melee it was Fox, falco, peach, etc. In 64 smash it was almost the entire top tier who could pressure you and combo you.

Brawl needs these things. Fighting games are about FIGHTING. In brawl it's about camping and baiting approaches. The only time camping ever worked in melee was maybe for falco or samus, but that could be overcome.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
:S Brawl+ is not like melee, or melee like. It's actually trying to follow through with the trueness of the series, which is that aggressiveness, pressure, and combos should exist. In vanilla brawl there is no character aside from MK who can TRULY pressure your shield. In Melee it was Fox, falco, peach, etc. In 64 smash it was almost the entire top tier who could pressure you and combo you.

Brawl needs these things. Fighting games are about FIGHTING. In brawl it's about camping and baiting approaches. The only time camping ever worked in melee was maybe for falco or samus, but that could be overcome.
YES!

People always have the misconception that Brawl+ is trying to be like melee, aka, combos, hitstun, l canceling, ect. but arent you guys forgetting that that stuff existed in smash 64 as well? Its obvious Sakurai wanted Brawl to be a casual party game after seeing what competitive players did to the first two games. Thats why it seemed like he balanced the characters based around a casual player's skill.

What about melee does brawl+ have? There is no wavedashing, airdodging has not been changed, glitches have been fixed and taken out, chaingrabbing is gone, balancing is taking place, characters are no longer broken!! GUYS THIS IS EXCITING!

I dont know about you guys, but after putting up with all of the bull**** in tournaments and the broken and stupid **** that went on I just cant see how people are sticking with brawl. I mean, Brawl+ is 100 times more fun, and again doesnt this come down to what gives you more enjoyment? Why are you people stubborn about sticking with normal brawl? Play what is fun!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not going to comment on the B+ stuff b/c I know so little about it aside from that I believe it's a melee for noobs (no tech skill of any form required!) with Brawl characters.

I beg to differ on your lack of ability to shield pressure. Wario LOVES shields, and Diddy can pressure it just as much b/c of banana > grab setups.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I don't know about easier shield pressure, especially considering how easy it is to clip people in Brawl under a shield, or grab them as opposed to Melee where you could do light taps to make a bigger shield. I suppose its easier to dodge attacks in Brawl if thats what you mean because rampant rolling/sidestepping was a good way to get killed in Melee unlike Brawl.

I dont know about you guys, but after putting up with all of the bull**** in tournaments and the broken and stupid **** that went on I just cant see how people are sticking with brawl. I mean, Brawl+ is 100 times more fun, and again doesnt this come down to what gives you more enjoyment?
1. Brawl+ isn't officially endorsed?
2. It has little publicity?
3. It requires modding your Wii?
4. Most recent Official Nintendo Wii update tried bricking Homebrew Channel?
5. Everytime the codeset changes everyone has to update.

They're pretty obvious reasons to me...this opposed to simply popping in a copy of SSBM into the Wii/GCN. Not that I don't support the idea of B+ but its still a hell lot of hassle to play only a small handful of people.

Timbers

check me out
those matches were sick lol.

and brawl+ looks fun. I haven't played it yet though, and really the only reason I havent is because of the everchanging characters. The idea of finding a character I like, getting good with the character, and then soon after the character gets nerfed to "balance" the game is a bit offsetting. As someone stated in here, if there was an "official" release of brawl+, not to be changed or edited for a very long time, I'd be much more inclined to play it.

still, it looks hellas fun, and that ganon skyride stuff is amazing lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not going to comment on the B+ stuff b/c I know so little about it aside from that I believe it's a melee for noobs (no tech skill of any form required!) with Brawl characters.

I beg to differ on your lack of ability to shield pressure. Wario LOVES shields, and Diddy can pressure it just as much b/c of banana > grab setups.
A lot of it has to do with Brawl+ changing constantly plus it's a really young game, but a good amount of tech skill carries over from Brawl.

It's a better game then Brawl, too bad Brawl isn't it.... ah well.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Brawl barely has any tech skill... and Brawl + removes the need for any of that little bit that already existed.
Actually, most of the techs were character specific, there were very few useful general techs, and I believe most of the techs carried over.

That said, it's not really a bad thing, a game doesn't need tech skill if the game already had enough depth. Tech skill is just a way to add additional depth at the cost of making the game more difficult to enter.

Ultimately, it's better if the game is easier techwise but has a lot of depth, because it places less emphasis on rote memorization and more on mindgames and smart application.

That said, I'll sacrifice ease of play for additional depth any day, that's why I personally play melee more then brawl, it's just more fun for me, even though it's harder. Btw, I suck at tech skill.

B!squick

Smash Master
Actually, most of the techs were character specific, there were very few useful general techs, and I believe most of the techs carried over.
Bowser would disagree. Though I played B+ a little while ago and I think it they may have fixed the ease of the Klaw Cancelled Jump (you had a 1 frame opening when I played), there wasn't any point in it as the game is ALL about SH aerials.

And what's this about there not being shield pressure in Brawl and no one mentioning Game & Watch yet? I'm sure there's more we haven't mentioned.

Anyway, I've already said my beef with Brawl+ on other topics and I too shall maybe give it a try again when they actually finalize something for longer than a day.

On the topic of these videos, I honestly see vBrawl Ganon dittos as much more entertaining. :/

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Bowser would disagree. Though I played B+ a little while ago and I think it they may have fixed the ease of the Klaw Cancelled Jump (you had a 1 frame opening when I played), there wasn't any point in it as the game is ALL about SH aerials.

And what's this about there not being shield pressure in Brawl and no one mentioning Game & Watch yet? I'm sure there's more we haven't mentioned.

Anyway, I've already said my beef with Brawl+ on other topics and I too shall maybe give it a try again when they actually finalize something for longer than a day.

On the topic of these videos, I honestly see vBrawl Ganon dittos as much more entertaining. :/
Well, if you have the handicap on 100%, aka 10 buffer, then its the same buffer as vbrawl, so he can still claw jump with ease, you just had the default 0 setting on.

B!squick

Smash Master
When I played was before the thing with the handicap setting, so I didn't have a choice in the matter. As well, in vBrawl, you have 43 frames to do the Klaw Cancelled Jump, so I can pretty safely assume you can do more from a Klaw Cancel in vBrawl than Brawl+.

Timbers

check me out
Ultimately, it's better if the game is easier techwise but has a lot of depth, because it places less emphasis on rote memorization and more on mindgames and smart application.

That said, I'll sacrifice ease of play for additional depth any day, that's why I personally play melee more then brawl, it's just more fun for me, even though it's harder. Btw, I suck at tech skill.
these two sentences contradict each other a lot lol.

so hey, ganon dittos in grand finals, how bout that

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
these two sentences contradict each other a lot lol.
How? In a vacuum, less emphasis on tech skill is a good thing, however less depth is also a bad thing.

What I said there pointed out having less depth is worse then being more technically difficult.

Perfect example, l-canceling, l-canceling was a horrible design decision because it was a pass/fail mechanic, there's no reason that you'd ever want to not l-cancel. That's adding difficulty without adding depth, they could've just made it automatic and the game would've been better for it.

That said, it's certainly a much better game then melee would've been if aerials always had full landing lag.

I wouldn't complain if any and all ATs were made easier, as long as depth wasn't sacrificed in the process, understand?

I dislike games having high entrance barriers like a lot of tech skill, but I dislike games having a lack of depth a whole lot more, and I love depth a great deal more then I dislike high entrance barriers.

so hey, ganon dittos in grand finals, how bout that
Love it, too bad Ganon isn't that good in vanilla brawl.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't even know why they call it vanilla Brawl as a "bad" thing... I personally think vanilla both smells and tastes delicious.

B!squick

Smash Master
Have you ever had "plain" ice cream before? It's definately not nearly as tastey as vanilla which is a great flavor and not plain at all.

Or how about a plain ice coffee? Vanilla flavor to the rescue!

What you should do is call it stock Brawl... only that's the name of a life in this game too which could lead to confusion... hmm... Brawl Basic?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Have you ever had "plain" ice cream before? It's definately not nearly as tastey as vanilla which is a great flavor and not plain at all.

Or how about a plain ice coffee? Vanilla flavor to the rescue!

What you should do is call it stock Brawl... only that's the name of a life in this game too which could lead to confusion... hmm... Brawl Basic?
You're misunderstanding, vanilla is a plain flavor. Tasty, but unornamented as opposed to the more overpowering flavors such as strawberry or chocolate.

:034:

Smash Hero
How about straciatella? Vanilla ice cream with pieces of chocolate. I propose the term straciatella Brawl to be used instead of vanilla brawl for no particular reason whatsoever.

(basically chocolate chip ice cream, but we call it differently because we're rebellious)

Top Bottom