• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ganon higher on the tier list?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Why hello there, I believe that ganondorf should be higher on the tier list due to the fact that his irrefutable strength and highly effective aerial manoeuvrings allow him to gain the upper hand in matchups that were once deemed unconquerable.

wat do ya think?

Renth

Smash Hero
Why hello there, I believe that ganondorf should be higher on the tier list due to the fact that his irrefutable strength and highly effective aerial manoeuvrings allow him to gain the upper hand in matchups that were once deemed unconquerable.

wat do ya think?
Ganons over rated.

Gea

Smash Master
But he's got something we like to call THE PUNCH. And don't even get me started on his mad dashes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I recall a post of M2K's saying that Ganondorf goes even with Marth and Fox basically.

I wouldn't have any real objections if he did make it up there.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised he isn't at least high tier by now.

Did Tipman teach us nothing?

Renth

Smash Hero
I recall a post of M2K's saying that Ganondorf goes even with Marth and Fox basically.

I wouldn't have any real objections if he did make it up there.
If M2k says it, it must be true! No, Fox is Ganons worst match up. Period.

I'm surprised he isn't at least high tier by now.

Did Tipman teach us nothing?
Tipman did a lot for the Ganon metagame, people meatride him a little too hard. Ganons a bad character screw the tier list

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Fox-Falcon-Sheik-Falco-Marth.

Sheik is definately not that bad.
ganons hardest is fox then sheik....... but fox vs ganon is 55-45 around there. falco vs ganon is deaddddd even maddd even lol but no one knows that lol

tipman IS as good as the fl palyers says he is iono bout the other players oos though. but he's the definitly by far the best ganon i ever played period. he'll get it back though he just gotta shake that rust off

spider_sense

Smash Champion
ganons hardest is fox then sheik....... but fox vs ganon is 55-45 around there. falco vs ganon is deaddddd even maddd even lol but no one knows that lol

tipman IS as good as the fl palyers says he is iono bout the other players oos though. but he's the definitly by far the best ganon i ever played period. he'll get it back though he just gotta shake that rust off
Tipman definitely needs to shake that rust off; I could honestly tell when I played him that he wasn't HALFWAY at the level he should be at. lol Guini and I know Falco match up is even too, cause all you need is 3-5 well placed hits to take him out. And I'm starting to think Sheik is pretty even too, even if they chain grab because Ganon's grabs leads to kill usually. Fox isn't too bad imo, you just gotta stay in your shield and utilize Ganon's faster attacks. I.E Grabs, tilts, jab etc.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ganons hardest is fox then sheik....... but fox vs ganon is 55-45 around there.
Ganon's worst matchup is 45/55? Nahh.

Fox is muuuuch easier to gimp than Sheik, and one grab from Sheik often costs a stock. Fox is pretty much **** on stage but so is Sheik(grabs/tilts/fair). Fox also has a harder time camping Ganon than Sheik does imo.

And I know Ganon can cg Sheik also but Sheik will most likely get a LOT more grabs than Ganon, unless the Sheik sucks.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i dunno about sheik camping ganon better than fox, but i agree with the rest.

and i would say marth wins 55/45, not even.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
i dunno about sheik camping ganon better than fox, but i agree with the rest.
Fox can run and laser, but Ganon can quickly shut this down with perfect wavelands to ftilt/jab/grab, or uair/fair. Usually when Fox is playing gay like this he leaves himself pretty close to the edge so 1 or 2 good hits can set up for an edgeguard (not that it'll always work out that easily). Fox's projectile doesn't stun like Sheiks so there's nothing really stopping you from keeping the pressure on him.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
but fox doesnt need to camp like that. if you're approaching, hes winning. if you stop approaching you start taking lots of lasers until you do. needles are just generally easier to get around and are more laggy.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I never said blindly attack Fox, lol. By "keeping the pressure on him" I meant stay close enough to him so that you aren't completely vulnerable to quick approaches and you can also can capitalize on most of his mistakes, which is essential. He's not going to laser you when you're up close (like just outside of tilt range) unless he wants to die.

Top Bottom