• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Techniuqe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys!

I have recently stumbled upon a new Ganondorf technique. I'm not sure whether or not it has been discovered, but I did find some good use for it.

The technique can be done by jumping (or short-hopping) and immediately using Wizard's Foot immediately after. The shockwave from the attack does 8% and has decent knockback. It has low start-up lag, but it's ending lag is moderate. If the attack was to connect, though, Ganondorf would be able to recover safely from the attack. The same thing can be done with Captain Falcon; however, it's much slower, and does 15%.

Some interesting things I have found by using this:
1. It's possible to hit the opponent quickly afterwards by using a grounded Wizard's Foot. This is especially easy when the opponent DI's away from Ganon.
2. If you hold the jump out a little bit longer, it's possible to spike an opponent clinging to an edge without having Ganon fall with them. (Instead, he lands on the ground like he normally would.)

I think that this attack could help Ganondorf with his out-of-sheild or out-of-roll options. What does anyone else think?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
The 9001st thread that talks about Quake. We have already discussed this move since 2008, and it's not that useful.
/ thread

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
Some people might say it's not useful, but it opens up a lot more options to Ganondorfs metagame. And yes, I know that it has been discovered. I opened this thread to try and start some sort of discussion on it's possibilities.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You've posted this in competitive discussion, in Ganon's beard, and now as its own topic, despite almost everyone telling you it's been discovered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom