• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf vs. Diddy Kong...

Meian

Smash Cadet
Seriously, wth how do you deal with this crap. If I am not all over him then chances are I will lose. The few times I win was I grab his bananas as they fly out of him and throw them at him (or off the ledge) and just reign hell upon him. Lately though, I just get thrown out and then they'd procede with the Bananas and then I am f'ed.

Btw, the whole "use a different character" isn't counted here :laugh:

Warlock Kick only does so much here since most Diddy Kongs I know place two on the field pretty well.

I have a lot less issues vs. Snake and most other characters than this crap -_-

canswer

Smash Cadet
if diddy rolls behind you after the murderchoke you can stomp him if you can get the distance right.

I got it so i was doing it 100% of the time vs this diddy who really enjoyed rolling behind me after murder choke for some reason

it worked for me, but overall prepare for a difficult fight, but ganon CAN win

__V

Smash Journeyman
Murder choke him, wait for him to roll away, dash attack or Murder choke again.

Griffard

Smash Ace
try catching the bananas with a sh'd airdodge to either approach or retreat, then glide toss to approach and follow up with a jab, tilt, or smash while they're incapacitated

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I recommend Flame Choke>Down-Tilt>UAir/Fair

Basically, Ganon can gimp Diddy's recovery (or just totally pwn him) with a well timed Wizard Foot.
Also, because Diddy is super light, you can easily destroy him (at like ~60%) with a forward smash.
Jabs are also muy bueno.

Basically, Ganon needs to stay defensive against the faster characters. Using as little movement as possible prevents you from really being effected by nanners.

SF

Griffard

Smash Ace
I recommend Flame Choke>Down-Tilt>UAir/Fair

Basically, Ganon can gimp Diddy's recovery (or just totally pwn him) with a well timed Wizard Foot.
Also, because Diddy is super light, you can easily destroy him (at like ~60%) with a forward smash.
Jabs are also muy bueno.

Basically, Ganon needs to stay defensive against the faster characters. Using as little movement as possible prevents you from really being effected by nanners.

SF
Against lesser players, you can chain together Flame chokes and down tilts on diddy. Chasing is great too. Once they're off the ledge, WAIT until they've already used their down b to avoid being head-humped, then either jump down and Thunderstomp when they are about to start charging their jetback, or edgehog as soon as you hear them blast off. I recommend going for a spike with either your dair or your down b, because occasionally Rocket Barrel Boost can get on the stage due to a curved projectory.

Top Bottom