• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who hits the orb sends it to the closest foe. Otherwise it would be a big, relatively slow projectile.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm really anxious for Ganon's reveal, I was soooooo looking forward to his reveal in Brawl and than utterly dissapointed he was still a clone...

Hopefully this time it will be different.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm really anxious for Ganon's reveal, I was soooooo looking forward to his reveal in Brawl and than utterly dissapointed he was still a clone...

Hopefully this time it will be different.
I wasn't really expecting much from Ganon in Brawl; so this will be the first time that I face disappointment if he isn't further changed. I don't expect much though, 3-6 moves. I am trying to retain a modest perspective.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
We all know that Ganondorf will be in Smash...

But will he be playable in Hyrule Warriors?

That is the question.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sure he's secretly the big bad, and both he and a Ganon form will be playable. It's just the kind of thing they'd do. Besides, he's too iconic to leave out, whether he's just kind of there or otherwise.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm sure he's secretly the big bad, and both he and a Ganon form will be playable. It's just the kind of thing they'd do. Besides, he's too iconic to leave out, whether he's just kind of there or otherwise.
If he's the villain, everyone is just going to whine like they did in TP. Though I'd welcome Ganondorf being the villain again. It's been too long. (LBW doesn't count).

Morbi

Scavenger
If he's the villain, everyone is just going to whine like they did in TP. Though I'd welcome Ganondorf being the villain again. It's been too long. (LBW doesn't count).
People were not content with Ganondorf as the main antagonist in Twilight Princess? I have never heard that one before.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't understand why some people doubt his return. He is the most recurrent big bad from Zelda and one of the three holders of the triforce, I actually die a little every time I have to point this out.
I'm sorry if I sound arrogant by stating this, but thinking that he will get cut is just delusional and unrealistic. His return is as certain as the Sun will rise tomorrow.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I don't understand why some people doubt his return. He is the most recurrent big bad from Zelda and one of the three holders of the triforce, I actually die a little every time I have to point this out.
I'm sorry if I sound arrogant by stating this, but thinking that he will get cut is just delusional and unrealistic. His return is as certain as the Sun will rise tomorrow.
You can't even be sure about that, anyday our solar system could be destroyed by the fabulous surprises of space without warning. One of those surprises is called the Gamma ray, or should I say... THE GHIRA-RAY

It's still a possibility

Morbi

Scavenger
You can't even be sure about that, anyday our solar system could be destroyed by the fabulous surprises of space without warning. One of those surprises is called the Gamma ray, or should I say... THE GHIRA-RAY

It's still a possibility
It honestly isn't a possibility unless they replace him with Ganon (I doubt that would aggravate anyone). I don't usually deal in absolutes unless something is objective; but in this case, it is so utterly obvious. I would doubt Captain Falcon before I would doubt Ganondorf.

Booster

Smash Lord
I wish he wouldn't return, he's a terrible character to use, but undeniably he will return. When he returns I hope they give him an actual moveset and not a nerfed Captain Falcon Clone Moveset :( I found Sakurai's Secret Journal about the backstory of Ganondorf...

When I was designing Ganondorf in Melee, I had so much inspiration from the Zelda series...and I decided to say "**** it" and give him an unoriginal, uninspired moveset based on Captain Falcon, then I decided to go that extra mile and make him slower, give him the worst recovery in Smash Bros history, give him bad jumping, oh but he'll deal a LITTLE more damage then Captain Falcon and if I'm lucky people will think he's an original character moveset I made. Then in Super Smash Bros Brawl, I knew I had to do SOMETHING about the moveset on him, so I made his jumping, running, recovery and reach EVEN WORSE, but I added some more power, not much though. OHH and let's tease players by giving him a taunt where he pulls out a sword. **** it, I'm adding in another Fox McCloud Clone to the mix and giving Fox, Falco and the Clone the SAME Final Smash. Maybe for the next Smash Bros I'll let Namco Bandai split the Transformable characters up for filler slots...

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I know some people are opposed to giving him a sword, but how about the trident? It would be a means to represent classic Ganon in some way (assuming he isn't in), get a weapon that hasn't been used by anyone in Smash before, and could mix with general magic/melee attacks to make the character more rounded.

I know that Ganondorf in his human form never used the trident, but I think an artistic liberty could be taken here.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know some people are opposed to giving him a sword, but how about the trident? It would be a means to represent classic Ganon in some way (assuming he isn't in), get a weapon that hasn't been used by anyone in Smash before, and could mix with general magic/melee attacks to make the character more rounded.

I know that Ganondorf in his human form never used the trident, but I think an artistic liberty could be taken here.
I would not be opposed to the Trident, per se. However, it is not something that I would look forward to. I am just imagining it being very awkward. I am not an advocate of his sword (unless it was only implemented for Smash attacks) but I honestly like the sword idea better. I would prefer it if Ganon was confirmed with his trident.

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I would not be opposed to the Trident, per se. However, it is not something that I would look forward to. I am just imagining it being very awkward. I am not an advocate of his sword (unless it was only implemented for Smash attacks) but I honestly like the sword idea better. I would prefer it if Ganon was confirmed with his trident.
I agree, I think the best case scenario is Classic Ganon confirmed with Dorf further Luigified, but if all we are getting is Ganondorf again then I would like to see more radical changes to his moveset with better representation of the old Ganon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't care if Ganondorf uses a weapon... he just needs to have some actual magic moves.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I just want to see Ganondorf at E3, this is that one character I want to see revealed!

TeamFlareZakk

I agree with this sentiment, I do not even need a newcomer to be honest. Ganondorf is the only character that I still care about.
To be fair with the Ghirahim hype, I think he'd make a good stage boss on the Skyloft Stage.

Yeah, I think a new move set for Ganondorf is about all we need rather than a new Zelda character, I would love to just see that in a showcase at E3, that would be the peak of excitement for me.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I just want to see Ganondorf at E3, this is that one character I want to see revealed!
I can see the appeal, but I don't think they will announce him. They might, just to generate hype, but Ganon was an unlockable character in both Melee and Brawl, so they would be moving away from that tradition if they announced him.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Luigi was unlockable in every Smash game so far, it's not a big deal.

I'm optimistic that the long time for Ganondorf to be revealed suggests he's getting an overhaul. Then again, we haven't seen Captain Falcon yet either, and there's really no reason to expect changes for him...

gantrain05

Smash Master
make gdorfs bv transform him into gannon, give him a trident and a bowseresque feel. his gdorf form should include some magic based attacks as he IS a powerful sorcerer and has no abilities to showcase those talents, maybe his energy projectile or something with phantom gannon? basically scrap his current moveset and let falcon use it, or give it to black shadow if he's in. its just not canon gdorf at all.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
I think that there are just so many possibilities for Ganondorf's move set that it would be so easy to scrap C. Falcon's charade and incorporate some cool magic or something. Of course, he'd have to keep his Sparta kick.

TeamFlareZakk

make gdorfs bv transform him into gannon, give him a trident and a bowseresque feel. his gdorf form should include some magic based attacks as he IS a powerful sorcerer and has no abilities to showcase those talents, maybe his energy projectile or something with phantom gannon? basically scrap his current moveset and let falcon use it, or give it to black shadow if he's in. its just not canon gdorf at all.
Can't Sakurai already said no transformations like that, which is why Sheik is wasting a character slot when we should of already seen Ganondorf revealed, at least we got Zero Suit out of it though.

@ Nintendo Fan Nintendo Fan you mean his A left/right?

Yeah definitely, I don't care if anybody thinks its cheap, keep the whole getting somebody cornered and just stomping away util they're kicked off the screen, the reason I say this is he does it in the game, one time I got stuck on his boot as kept kicking me into the barrier repeatedly in Twilight Princess, I mean that's all he kept doing, in fact he did it until I died, it was actually pretty hilarious.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
I think Ganondorf needs a serious moveset overhaul that reflects more of his dark magic vibe. Examples:
1. For his standard attacks let him have Demises's sword (Skyward Sword) and let it materialize between each attack.
2. Down and neutral special: Dead Man's Volley and the Ground Punch from the Ocarina of Time Boss Battle.
I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Ganondorf supporters have their work cut out for them. Not only does the character have to be in, he has to be in with a unique moveset and a complete overhaul, and not suck. I'm all for it. Let's see it happen.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Maybe Ganondorf could be a bit more floaty. STILL a heavyweight, though, of course, Ganondorf should always be a heavyweight. But he should rely on dark magic and perhaps a weapon he summons sometimes.

TeamFlareZakk

I think Ganondorf needs a serious moveset overhaul that reflects more of his dark magic vibe. Examples:
1. For his standard attacks let him have Demises's sword (Skyward Sword) and let it materialize between each attack.
2. Down and neutral special: Dead Man's Volley and the Ground Punch from the Ocarina of Time Boss Battle.
I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

That seems rather legit, however I must remain scepticle about this leak being legit, but who knows, the Palutena leak seemed to have been a actual leak seeing that nobody was able to disprove it and she has been confirmed.

With that said, if this leak is real, then we're looking at a Ganondorf with a mix of his appearance from OoT and Twilight Princess, that's I'm seeing in that leak pic.

Of course in the pic he is laughing, the same taunt he did since Melee, there is no sword in hand, but he could simply just put it away to do his taunt, after all it would look silly if he was doing that taunt with the sword in his hand, also that's how hacked sword Ganondorf laughs, nobody likes hacked sword Ganondorf, just kidding, I know people have fun with that, but still hacks, dude.

I totally agree with whole Demise Sword thing, that's a sword I would love to use, and guys lets not forget, Ghirahim IS Demise's sword, so Ghirahim confirmed if Ganondorf uses Demises's sword, I just feel its the best overall thing to use.

I hope Sakurai reveals him later today so we can finally see what he looks like, cause I'm getting really eager to see more characters and Miis and Palutena and the release date can't be the only thing we're going to see today regarding Super Smash Bros, Ganondorf isn't the only veteran everybody wants to see, there's a few others and NONE OF THEM were shown yet, so there has to be more, don't let that 3 minute presentation troll you guys.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It should be notable I think Ganondorf and Wario are all but confirmed at this point since they were shown along with the other Smash Bros. fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom