• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Match-Up Chart thread

n0ne

Smash Ace
Ace, what i meant was grab (dthrow) to jab, as in the other way around . my bad
and well, about the low filt , i said that because most of the time, because while marth is CC, they are dtilting. so, the low ftilt forces the tech chase at mid % (at high they still go flying)
and since they were dtilting alot, they by mistake getup attack, and this , u can punish.
Im pretty bad at explaing things but maybe u understand what i mean

and well puff has nothing on Dorf, i said that in a sense that puff has to really work against him opposed to CF, which his own weight works against him. And ganon has safe moves for puff.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
dippndots, whats the next event you think we'll both be at?

Tipped off 6?
ROM3?
Pound 5?

i wanna mm/friendly you some. i'm interested in your ganon.

ooooh heck if i know lol I'm a poor poor college student who cant really afford traveling that much. I'll look at the midwest circuit tournies and see whats up then get back to ya

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
and well puff has nothing on Dorf, i said that in a sense that puff has to really work against him opposed to CF, which his own weight works against him. And ganon has safe moves for puff.
Jiggs' insane aerial mobility allows her to weave in and out of Ganon's range at will without getting punished. Approaching jiggs is just as tough as edgeguarding her. You basically can't fair a good jiggs, at all. She literally has to jump right into it (or get shield poked). As soon as she baits an approach that isn't perfectly executed, she can approach and often combo you to rest (situational but it happens all the time), and once Ganon is offstage obviously he's dead. Aside from a lucky dthrow > usmash kill, Ganon essentially has to get a ton of good reads and bair/uair jiggs until she dies to win, which isn't easy. Even from a dthrow, you don't get much. If she DI's in front you get a uair which doesn't kill early, and if she DI's behind, the % range at which bair combos is relatively small. You can space a fair or dair out of dthrow at mid% as well, but if you're not **** close to frame-perfect, she can rest you before the hitbox comes out. Without a doubt, one of Ganon's hardest matchups.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...from my personal experience, it's like you have to get above her, but once you do, bring the hammer down (bair) or else she'll utilt/uair and that's a problem. Watch my vid on the newest vid thread to see me execute that to the best of my ability. I think they're pretty good matches that illustrate the matchup at a mid-level of play.

I find the mu kind of fun. Unlike the fox matchup which is just fast and hard, the jiggs mu is paced and tough, but with the right patience, far frm impossible.

now wtf is the samus mu?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jiggs' insane aerial mobility allows her to weave in and out of Ganon's range at will without getting punished. Approaching jiggs is just as tough as edgeguarding her. You basically can't fair a good jiggs, at all. She literally has to jump right into it (or get shield poked). As soon as she baits an approach that isn't perfectly executed, she can approach and often combo you to rest (situational but it happens all the time), and once Ganon is offstage obviously he's dead. Aside from a lucky dthrow > usmash kill, Ganon essentially has to get a ton of good reads and bair/uair jiggs until she dies to win, which isn't easy. Even from a dthrow, you don't get much. If she DI's in front you get a uair which doesn't kill early, and if she DI's behind, the % range at which bair combos is relatively small. You can space a fair or dair out of dthrow at mid% as well, but if you're not **** close to frame-perfect, she can rest you before the hitbox comes out. Without a doubt, one of Ganon's hardest matchups.
I dunno, I think this matchup is close to even, slight advantage Jiggs.

No comment about approaching or edgeguarding her, except that edgeguarding her is more realistic than you are making it sound, since recovery fundamentally requires you to move towards the stage, and she wants to avoid directly challenging any of Ganon's moves. But F-air is STILL good in this matchup if only for the purpose of keeping Jiggs's spacing in check, and out of D-throw

And I really think you're underestimating how well Ganon can combo Jiggs out of D-throw. She's super light, which means you technically get more frame advantage out of D-throw on her than say...Captain Falcon or pretty much anyone not named Pichu. The real problem with grabs is landing them, since Ganon really doesn't have real ways of setting up into those against Jiggs.

Ganon vs Samus I would assume is Ganon's advantage, just since he kills Samus so much more easily and capitalizes on bad situations much better than she does. He can actually edgeguard her extremely well too.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm actually going to put Ganon/Mario as 58:42 since you guys give good reason for that precise number. Don't be surprised if a bunch of people give you guys crap for it though, and if so just direct them my way.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Ah well. I personally dont have THAT much trouble against puff. They both have stuff against each other.

And regarding Samus.. Haha i remember underestimating her... but she actually is a good matchup for Ganon... her combos force ganon to jump sometimes, and even if u do/dont, she just keeps on going.

I play Samus a lot and sometimes i just like to go Falcon or Fox or w/e on her...

Additionally, edgeguarding her is booooooooring

Renth

Smash Hero
hmm..

Ganon grab marth, Marth go dead. Marth grab ganon, ganon go dead.

sounds fair to me.

Top Bottom