• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey, is it known that if Ganon is holding MK, facing the direction the platform on SV is moving, he has a Grab Release to Wiz Kick?

Or is it not guaranteed, seems legit.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Oooo that's right, Ganon messes MK up on the SV platform, I forgot

I mean, it's not like Ganon's ever gonna grab MK on the SV platform, but it's still good to know

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I found Ganon's PG to actually be really viable. Especially against MK. I still am pretty confident i'm doing this MU wrong.

I wish ya'll had more videos.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ganon has a good pivot grab... however it's not good enough to actually change any of his matchups. Especially MK haha.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
SHOCK

I wasn't picked.

Also I've Platform Cancelled to grab MK on that platform before, killed him at like 60 because it was getting near the edge with FSmash.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Nah probably not Sov. I'm planning on playing at least 5 or 6 characters in singles haha. I'll probably use Ganon the most though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I got 2nd at a local today in both singles and doubles. Made about $100.

I didn't use Ganon to advance in bracket unfortunately... I'm only telling you guys about it because I did use Ganon in GFs. I kinda got wrecked but I'll post the videos anyways.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I got 2nd at a local today in both singles and doubles. Made about $100.

I didn't use Ganon to advance in bracket unfortunately... I'm only telling you guys about it because I did use Ganon in GFs. I kinda got wrecked but I'll post the videos anyways.
Kinda is an understatement, though I am proud that yet another Ganon main shines during an MK Banned tourney.

I definitely encourage you to keep up that Pikachu. I loved what I saw.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol Arty knows my Ganon too well... he beat my other characters in Winners Finals though so I honestly thought my best shot was with Ganon in GFs.

Hate to say it but going Ganon against a Falco/G&W player is something I'm never doing again lol.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought, either.

You should start taking some of the more guaranteed damage that you can get with Ganon, when you face people that know your Ganon, like Arty. It would probably help a seemingly hopeless MU.

Pikachu was sexy. All Ganon mains should secondary Pikachu.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought, either.

You should start taking some of the more guaranteed damage that you can get with Ganon, when you face people that know your Ganon, like Arty. It would probably help a seemingly hopeless MU.

Pikachu was sexy. All Ganon mains should secondary Pikachu.
i tried, i suck with pika
the fact im responding to this means that i am infact comtemplating having a ganon main XD

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Ganon is what's up. DLA just made me realize how useful Pikachu is as a secondary to him. CGs, similar style to Thunderstorming, and he's simply faster and better. I'm going to give him a try, again. It's been a while since I used Pika, effectively.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
DLA
i watched your vid man. Does every ganon use the Side B ledge - aerial flame choke? I do the same thing do to the shortened lag.

Either way, it was good to actually see some new ganon vids.
Good stuff. You did damn good vs that falco.

OH
also i noticed whenever you up+b'd you didn't cling to the ledge and you went a bit more up to use the hitbox. Is this a common thing? Or did you not mean to do that?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I personally always try to do the hitbox whenever I have an opening for it. Because really why not.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, getting up from the ledge with ganon really can be a pain, im so glad out <100% ledge attack is reasonable, otherwise id be practically forced to ledgejump all the time XD

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
DLA
i watched your vid man. Does every ganon use the Side B ledge - aerial flame choke? I do the same thing do to the shortened lag.

Either way, it was good to actually see some new ganon vids.
Good stuff. You did damn good vs that falco.

OH
also i noticed whenever you up+b'd you didn't cling to the ledge and you went a bit more up to use the hitbox. Is this a common thing? Or did you not mean to do that?
Yeah most Ganons do the side B to reduce lag.

Also most good Ganons I know do the up B thing too... just hold the control stick down until the hitbox comes out, then let go when you want to grab the ledge.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
lol cool Vex.

If lucario's charging aura sphere offstage, it = free Fair or Dair for Ganon... just bait the air dodge and unload

Top Bottom