• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
New IL power ranking update:

ILLINOIS POWER RANKINGS (3-27-11)

Key:
Moved Up
Moved Down
Not on Last List

1) Kain :wolf:

2) Sago :metaknight: / :samus2: +1

3) Arty :falco: / :metaknight: / :popo: -1

4) DLA :ganondorf: / :metaknight:

5) Akashi :marth: / :snake:

6) Kirk :ike: / :olimar: / :bowser2: Returning!

7) Kappy :kirby2: New!

8) Scythe :lucario: New!

9) Oro :marth: New!

10) Chompy :diddy: New!

I'm still number 4 :) The competition was a lot tougher this time too since everyone was a lot more active.

edit: I guess they changed it to :metaknight:/:ganondorf: since I apparently beat a few more ranked people with MK than with Ganon in this update, despite going mainly Ganondorf in tournaments. Bummer : / Can't say I blame them though.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
New England's power rankings are done in an AllisBrawl group IIRC.

I'm pretty sure Verm has never been ranked though. Everyone's pocket MKs seem to keep him at bay :c

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
New England's power rankings are done in an AllisBrawl group IIRC.

I'm pretty sure Verm has never been ranked though. Everyone's pocket MKs seem to keep him at bay :c
Pocket MKs give me next to no trouble as this video demonstrates. :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7njZoivgAM

I usually just lose to our top 4 ranks. I had the wins to be ranked last period, but I only entered one tournament, so I wasn't eligible. Was kinda irked about it, but I don't really mind. The main issue is I usually encounter our top 4-5 in bracket, and our top 5 are insanely good Snakes/MKs/Falcos, so they've been my primary obstacles. It's been a long time since I last faced my region's ranked players, but I've improved exponentially, so I'm confident I can do work if I ever face them again.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Oh my bad. I'm just going off of what you've told me before, about being annoyed that you beat people's mains and they switch to MK and win.
No worries. It's true they usually do win, but on their CPs, then I beat them on neutrals. People go MK on me all the time and it makes me nervous as ****. Granted, I've been able to do well thus far, but it just annoys the hell out of me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think everyone gets nervous as hell when you get he MK CP :(
Yeah. D:

One shuttle loop and you're done. Falco isn't so bad for me anymore; I'd rather fight Falco than MK, honestly. <_> If you're smart you can just wait out the CG, and from there, it's just like fighting Olimar (getting in and such).

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Really? Do you just platform camp for the first.... 60-70%? Idk when the CG ends.

And i prefer MK. With both ZSS and Ganon it's not that bad of a fight, IMO. I like it more than Falco. Do you DA through Tornado?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Really? Do you just platform camp for the first.... 60-70%? Idk when the CG ends.

And i prefer MK. With both ZSS and Ganon it's not that bad of a fight, IMO. I like it more than Falco. Do you DA through Tornado?
Yeah, I do. And it ends around 50%, but I only let 'em go to 40% or so, because that's just one grab with no chance of a spike. Also, I don't usually DA through it, I either FAir the top of the 'nado, or wizkick through it as they're starting up.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah, I do. And it ends around 50%, but I only let 'em go to 40% or so, because that's just one grab with no chance of a spike. Also, I don't usually DA through it, I either FAir the top of the 'nado, or wizkick through it as they're starting up.
Ah okay. Any tips on getting the super jump down?
I've been working on it and i can't seem to get the timing.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Ah okay. Any tips on getting the super jump down?
I've been working on it and i can't seem to get the timing.
The timing is definitely tricky as hell. The trick is to wait until Ganon's SH is at its apex (very top), then as soon as it is, buffer the FH - airdodge. Get comfortable with the timing of the airdodge ending frames, and try to buffer down-b and jump as soon as the airdodge frames end.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
The CG doesn't even matter... I mean it does a lot of damage, but it should never ever kill you. Ideally for falco, he CGs to the edge until the CG ends at about 48%, then he Dairs you off the stage, he grabs the ledge, Ganon recovers onto the stage with up B, and Falco punishes with ledge hop Bair. That should be about 70% per CG.

After that, Falco struggles to kill you though. That's when Ganon needs to get **** done.

Personally I prefer the Falco matchup to the MK matchup. The Falco matchup is simple... not necessarily easy, but simple. MK, on the other hand, has so many options in every situation--and everyone seems to choose different options each time. It's very hard to "learn" how to fight MKs with Ganon.

Against Nado, the most reliable way to get through it is Fsmash. Ftilt, DA, and a few other moves work near the beginning of tornado, but Fsmash almost always goes through. However Fsmash takes very long to start up and it's baitable, not to mention that there are some areas in the tornado hitboxes that Ganon simply can't hit through (such as the very bottom, underneath MK). A lot of MKs learn to abuse this, so the best way to deal with Tornado is just to shield it or run away.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm on my way to being ranked.

Just wait.

The day I pull out a pocket Ganon in GFs is approaching.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I haven't uploaded any videos recently 'cept my MMs from Pound V, so I got in some friendlies with people on WiFi. Should be up soon. I hate putting WiFi junk up, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
paint...grow?

you have no idea how funny that image is...

also, my avatar is the greatest pokemon in gen 5, discuss

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you know, according to sigmund frued, fear of spiders actually means that you are scared of pubic hair

also fear of needles means fear of being penetrated

i have chroncis phobia of needles, im 100% okay with this XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you know, according to sigmund frued, fear of spiders actually means that you are scared of pubic hair

also fear of needles means fear of being penetrated

i have chroncis phobia of needles, im 100% okay with this XD

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm not scared of pubes.
I'm scared of scary ****in' 8 legged creatures with like 200 eyes that hide in the corners and wait to attack. and while you sleep they crawl over you and they hide in your car and under your desk and leave webs so people know they're there and you can't find them. And they always wait to jump on you. They just want a reason to bite you. Hidin' in your sneakers so they can bite your toes. Hiding in your AC in your car to crawl out while youre driving.

Piece of ****ing **** spiders.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, spiders in england are ****ies, the biggest ehy ever get is only 10 inches diameter

just picj the ****ers up and put them outside for me

Top Bottom