• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dude do you guys not have a car?
if were talking right local then the only things near me are whats hosted by me, all tournaments in england take place in london (other than my own) which is about 140 miles from where i live
because im a conniving little ******* ive gotten many people in my area into competitive smash untill i eventually got one into it that knew how to drive, now i just pay him to take me+friends there, feels good man

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I'm poor and going to college so driving 40 miles and back for a tournament seems a little silly. Otherwise I'd still be playing Pokemon TCG competitively.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, but 40 miles is only what, 40 minutes of driving tops?
besides, isnt there any form of public transport nearby?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I haven't looked into public transport, but gas is so expensive that we can't afford to make trips to the spring that often. My dad refuses to let me get a job at the moment and he only makes about 18k a year off of retirement...don't get me wrong I don't think it's that great a distance myself but we barely have the money for college.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i get you, i guess student loans work entirely differently in america

although i will say this, 'gas' in america is not expensive. from what i gathered from my american family members and american friends, gas in UK is about 3 times more expensive than gas in america. sad times

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeah I haven't gone on student loans yet because I don't wanna be in debt when I graduate. For now I'm just on Social Security and such.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
right, i suggest getting talking to a careers advisor, because AFAIK student loans are incredibly safe.
for example, british student loans are like:
you dont have to start paying any of your debt back untill you are earning over 21000 pounds (about $35000) annually
only 9% extra of what you earn on top of that is used to pay back the loan (ie: if you earn 22000 pounds, you only pay back 9% of the extra 1000 back)
if you still have debt after 20 years, the debt is forgotten and you never have to pay any of it back if you never finished

its probably similar in the states, try looking into it because it could be incredibly useful in the first place (for the record, they dont tell students about all of these catches usually, this is stuff which ive found out from scavenging records)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
In the states you start paying a year after you graduate college
And from how you describe it (only 9% of what extra you make after a cap) that's definitely not how the us does it, the government wants their money lol
:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
In the states you start paying a year after you graduate college
And from how you describe it (only 9% of what extra you make after a cap) that's definitely not how the us does it, the government wants their money lol
so do ours, they also want to have people competent to fill teir places after they kick the bucket, theres probably something to save it from being totally extortionate
how much do you pay for university per year anyway

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know that for me, two years of college is going to run me around $10000-$15000 here in Canada, accounting for books and all that.

It's a culinary course for reference, and college, not university.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I know that for me, two years of college is going to run me around $10000-$15000 here in Canada, accounting for books and all that.

It's a culinary course for reference, and college, not university.
for two years? wow man im going to canada for my courses!
two years here is gonna be bout 15000-18000 pounds here, so that turns into about $30000
and my course is 5 years long too...dayum

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I wanna go to a really nice college in California called Masters.
And they have a great Seminary(which is what I'm doing, youth ministry aww yeah)

but it's going to be.
Like.
Mad expensive, so I dunno.

If it works out it works out!
I got a plan B anywho:3

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm striving to be a music teacher. Great college with an awesome music program less than an hour away from me. Awww yeah!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I was typing up a huge post about all of my recent developments with Ganon's metagame, but accidentally hit "back" and everything got lost. Seriously I've been working at this post for 3 days.

Now it's like eh.... too lazy

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Before I graduated high school, I had plans of going into either game design or computer programming. My college plans fell through, and after a couple of years, I realized that I didn't really want to do either career that I spent over six years, and thousands of hours preparing for.

In all honesty, when and if I do go back to school, I'd like to become either an English teacher or a librarian.

I was typing up a huge post about all of my recent developments with Ganon's metagame, but accidentally hit "back" and everything got lost. Seriously I've been working at this post for 3 days.

Now it's like eh.... too lazy
If you typed it up in Notepad or something, you wouldn't have any issues.

Xubble

Smash Ace
It was probably a revolutionary post. A post that would have shown us Ganon's true power and have skyrocketed him to the glorious higher tiers.

And you just HAD to hit the Back button. Foolish mortal...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i know that feel bro, i did a massive post on castle seige for the rob boards, got to the end: power cut
not happy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I worked on this massive comprehensive frame thread for the Dedede boards.

It had OoS information on every single move in the game.

And then a ****ing 502 (?) error wiped it from the face of the earth.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I would have typed it in Word but I didn't intend for it to be as long as it was lol.

Ohhhh well, I may type it up again... who knows... it would probably be a thread instead of a single post though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
please do type it up again dla
i'd be very interested in reading it personally =] i wanna start using ganon more...

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Hey can anyone find me a side view picture of ganons melee/spaceworld demo sword?

I'm actually going to try and craft a wooden version of it and bring it to apex but i can't really work with dimensions from only 1 view perspective

Reim

Smash Journeyman
In Denmark, places with public education are free. You pretty much only pay for transport, books and trips, but the government gives you money for that, since we have a nice little thing called "The Government's Educational Support".

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well, good and bad news.

Good news is that my friend Scout is driving all the way from Portland to pick me up for the weekend to bring me to a tournament. The bad news is that I've had no practice whatsoever.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Yo, so i get down with Ganon.

I mean...I GET DOWN.

Slappin hoes and crushing foes.

ya feel me bruh?

Anyways sup wit it?

I just wanted to ask real quick if we have figured out how to do that super jump/ganon flight thing in an easy consistent way.

its cool and I want to add it to my game. Thanks and sorry I am too lazy to find this info if it is easily findable.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
To add to PokemonmasterIRL's questions, I wanted to know if anyone had mastered true chainchoking, and if anyone did bouncing combos like tipman- pivot jab/dtilt/ftilt/iDA/choke.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I just wanted to ask real quick if we have figured out how to do that super jump/ganon flight thing in an easy consistent way.

its cool and I want to add it to my game. Thanks and sorry I am too lazy to find this info if it is easily findable.
Short hop, short hop air dodge, jump then wizkick right before you hit the ground is the standing version. The easier version is to roll all the way to the edge, wizkick, jump, then wizkick after Ganon does a full flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgACBLcbkMY

To add to PokemonmasterIRL's questions, I wanted to know if anyone had mastered true chainchoking, and if anyone did bouncing combos like tipman- pivot jab/dtilt/ftilt/iDA/choke.
I usually only f-smash if I pull off a bouncing combo.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
OH.

So just using the tipman for a jab reset? Yeah i know whatcha mean.

PS. Whats the best way to practice/input pivot jabs. I feel like i end up Ftilting.

Top Bottom