• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
well in that case you can pretty much guarantee Stomp -> GR -> to wizfoot to anyone who can get wizfooted out of a GR like MK.

thus have a chance to get a wizfoot ledge cancel and follow up for either good damage or possible KO

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
evening gentlemen.
Im here to drop by a message of real life
earlier today, i came across my co-worker trying to commit suicide with a stanley knife in the yard at my warehouse. now i can never tell because i dont know how it would have panned out. but i think i arrived in time to safe his life.
just posting this because we need to put things into perspective once in a while, im complaining about my dyspraxia and strenuous workload. yet other people among us are dealing with inner demons far beyond what many of us can ever imagine
Trufax.
Thanks for sharing.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganon probably meshes with how you play the game better than Icies.

It's like my Dedede trashing people and then getting destroyed with my Metaknight.

I'm best with grab-oriented characters with good zoning.

You're probably best with characters that focus on hard punishes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
trufax there, im best associated towards characters that require hardstyle spacing/zoning...in this game anyway, i'm rubbish at zoning in any other fighter XD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Makke laying down the law. Lol Makke I'm not sure if I've ever told you this but you would have fit in really well with the '08 Ganons... they were all about getting **** done. Plus a good portion of them were European haha.

But keep in mind this is a social thread bud. However I kind of agree... less ganon talk = less of a reason for the ganon mains to come here.

The problem is, we don't really have any Ganons who go to tournaments. If I'm not mistaken, the only Ganon getting any kind of results right now is me, and I update you guys on most of the tournaments I go to.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm fairly sure verm would too at every possible moment. as would i if my ike wasnt so much better XD

anyway. if we're talking techs. what is the proper way to do a stanging flight of ganon? I've been doing it (very inconsistently) with Fullhop U-air, Doublejump Airdodge, and then Jump>Wizkick to get the actual flight part. but its not faring too well for me.
Is there any other way of doing it that is much easier (without rolling to the edge and wizkicking)

Also: how do i do the ledgejump u-air without any landing lag?

Xubble

Smash Ace
I destroyed my bud who plays the most annoying Falco ever. Rolls ****ing everywhere and spams lasers unless I'm close. Then he just throws out jabs and smash attacks to keep me off.

But a smart Ganon > cowardly Falco. :ganondorf:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm fairly sure verm would too at every possible moment. as would i if my ike wasnt so much better XD

anyway. if we're talking techs. what is the proper way to do a stanging flight of ganon? I've been doing it (very inconsistently) with Fullhop U-air, Doublejump Airdodge, and then Jump>Wizkick to get the actual flight part. but its not faring too well for me.
Is there any other way of doing it that is much easier (without rolling to the edge and wizkicking)

Also: how do i do the ledgejump u-air without any landing lag?
Flight of Ganon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo

Ledgehop Uair (flipman): you just need to get the Uair out fast enough. It's tough. Personally I don't bother with Flipman... if you mess it up, then you're likely dead. It's a good mixup when trying to get back onstage from the ledge (and allah knows that Ganon needs all the help he can get when he's on the ledge), but to me the reward isn't worth the risk. Sometimes I try it if I'm really feeling myself at the moment but I don't do it often.

I mean I can see myself practicing it in the future for use in tournament, but it's not very high on my list of priorities. Ledgehop air dodging onto the stage is much less technically demanding and accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I miss the old crowd, back last year people were still finding all kinds of new tricks. Sadly I'm still not in a position to go to official tournaments, but my anime club plays Brawl on a regular basis now so I might get something going there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cheers DLA, i shall get to work on it...tomorrow after work

and div, i dare you to start it up and convince them that ganon is the best character in the game
because of american gaming culture, almost all of them will start using ganon
it will be GLORIOUS

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just curious but would it be a good idea to start a thread for the ganon community combo video? like everyone who play ganon and have clips of him going to be wrote down on a list, when we have enough large ganon lineup someone should start recive clips and so on until its done.

It will be hard do the video without know if we are many enough, wouldnt it?

Also: This may be old but do all ganons here know you can do FoG from the Smashville platform?

Btw, Tomorrow i think ill try every stage and see if ganon can FoG from the spawn xD, i dont think its impossible
Good idea, i have a little bit of footage already and i can imagine the ganon evening will bear many epic moments which can be saved on someones wii

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
So I got 17th out of about 60-70 at Revenge... I got 3rd out of 8 in pools, using some Ganon, pika, falco, and MK... then I 2-0'd Y.b.M round one winners, then got 2-1'd by Lie in winners (he's guaranteed at least 3rd right now) and then got 2-1'd by FAE in losers. Went straight Ganon in bracket, except when Y.b.M took me to cruise game 2 so I had to go MK.

I feel like I shouldn't have stayed Ganon against FAE though, he really figured me out after game 2. Lucas is really really hard for Ganon, and I'm finally willing to accept it after playing FAE, Mekos, and Pink Fresh in the last few months. Lucas' attacks are sooo safe on Ganon's shield, it's awful. I used to be so confident against Lucas but those 3 players have made me really dislike the MU now. I'll just go DK and grab release CG them lawl

But yeah I feel like I repped my ganon pretty well today, this was the toughest regional in the MW in almost a year, so 17th with Ganon is no joke. Still coulda done better but I can't be salty.

Next big tournament is APEX.... I'll see you nignags there

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So I got 17th out of about 60-70 at Revenge... I got 3rd out of 8 in pools, using some Ganon, pika, falco, and MK... then I 2-0'd Y.b.M round one winners, then got 2-1'd by Lie in winners (he's guaranteed at least 3rd right now) and then got 2-1'd by FAE in losers. Went straight Ganon in bracket, except when Y.b.M took me to cruise game 2 so I had to go MK.

I feel like I shouldn't have stayed Ganon against FAE though, he really figured me out after game 2. Lucas is really really hard for Ganon, and I'm finally willing to accept it after playing FAE, Mekos, and Pink Fresh in the last few months. Lucas' attacks are sooo safe on Ganon's shield, it's awful. I used to be so confident against Lucas but those 3 players have made me really dislike the MU now. I'll just go DK and grab release CG them lawl

But yeah I feel like I repped my ganon pretty well today, this was the toughest regional in the MW in almost a year, so 17th with Ganon is no joke. Still coulda done better but I can't be salty.

Next big tournament is APEX.... I'll see you nignags there
yes, yes you will. also i want a MM, your ganon vs. my ike
same challenge was aimed towards verm, but he hasnt replied yet

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I'll do a MM with you, GP.

And I'm actually pretty confident in the Lucas MU. It's tough, especially against someone like Mekos who knows how to camp PK Fire really well, but it's one of my more favored LT MUs. Poor Ybm though lol... I don't think he'll ever live the double Ganon loss down. :ganondorf:

Good job, dood.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Haha Y.b.M didn't seem too upset about it honestly, he seemed impressed more than anything. Lie was pretty amazed too... "wow this guy's making me sweat, I can't believe I'm losing to a ganondorf" etc.

And yeah I used to looove Lucas... he used to be in my top 3 favorite MUs, even after losing a $MM to FAE a while ago, and even after losing a $MM to Mekos at Genesis... even after losing those I still refused to believe it was a bad MU for Ganon; I just thought I was playing it wrong. This tournament was the last straw though. I think I lost most of my friendlies to Pink Fresh (I teamed with him too which was pretty cool), and then I lost to FAE again in bracket. And now I've finally decided that I hate the MU lol.

I mean it's probably doable for Ganon but I don't want to do it anymore lol. Lucas is completely free to camp Ganon all day, and when he gets close, Lucas can throw aerials into his shield all day and not get punished at all because the aerials last like an entire second. I mean, if you shield one of Lucas's aerials, he can literally just move to the other side of the screen afterwards and continue to camp, because Ganon's immobile while he shields and he isn't able to keep up with Lucas after a shielded aerial because Lucas can do whatever he wants.

/rant

Anyways... skyrim time baby.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good stuff, DLA. I agree that Lucas is a really bad match-up for Ganon [Ness is a lot easier imo]. His aerial movement combined with the fact that our OoS options suck so much makes his aerials really safe on block and he can pressure us wherever he wants to.

I generally feel like it's easier to fight against zoning characters than against anti-zoning characters as Ganon:
Lucas > Ness
Pit > Marth
Peach > Kirby
Sonic > DK

Against zoning-based characters you will at least find opportunities to directly challenge their spacing with uair. Against characters that are based around breaking the opponent's zoning game Ganon seems to have no real answer.

:059:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good stuff, DLA. I agree that Lucas is a really bad match-up for Ganon [Ness is a lot easier imo]. His aerial movement combined with the fact that our OoS options suck so much makes his aerials really safe on block and he can pressure us wherever he wants to.

I generally feel like it's easier to fight against zoning characters than against anti-zoning characters as Ganon:
Lucas > Ness
Pit > Marth
Peach > Kirby
Sonic > DK

Against zoning-based characters you will at least find opportunities to directly challenge their spacing with uair. Against characters that are based around breaking the opponent's zoning game Ganon seems to have no real answer.

I personally can see why you'd say that, but I think Ness is definitely worse.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
hmm, ness and lucas are both pretty similar. lucas has better long range spacing tools and ground game. ness is jsut a lot faster
i never play any competent EB kids, so i cant relate XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I play against Ness kind of a lot and -2 is the worst I'd give it although I honestly think it's -1 atm. Uair is really good to challenge his fair and is very powerful when Ness is trying to land. We can also kind of trap him at the ledge and in juggles.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I play against Ness kind of a lot and -2 is the worst I'd give it although I honestly think it's -1 atm. Uair is really good to challenge his fair and is very powerful when Ness is trying to land. We can also kind of trap him at the ledge and in juggles.

I've had my fair share of experience myself both with Lucas and Ness. Lucas can hurt our shield more easily than Ness can, but he can't get in on us as easily as Ness. Ness can keep us out and get in. Lucas just keeps us out and has better shield pressure. Lucas can be challenged in a greater deal of ways than Ness can if you can circumvent PK fire.

Then again, you did vote me for Smasher with the worst tag on GSB, so what do I know? :glare:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
As per request:

hmm, ness and lucas are both pretty similar. lucas has better long range spacing tools and ground game. ness is jsut a lot faster
i never play any competent EB kids, so i cant relate XD
No, they're not similar really.

Lucas has far less range in general than Ness does, and his only ranged moves (I guess you can count PKF) don't really put him in amazing situations and he has little follow-up.

What Ness?

-2 is what I've thought of it as for a long time, and I think -1 is unreasonable. Good Ness mains don't throw fair out, and I KNOW DLA fights against Eagle, one of the few Ness mains that just, flat out hates Fair. You can't really trap Ness at the ledge and Ness doesn't really need to approach at all.

I've had my fair share of experience myself both with Lucas and Ness. Lucas can hurt our shield more easily than Ness can, but he can't get in on us as easily as Ness. Ness can keep us out and get in. Lucas just keeps us out and has better shield pressure. Lucas can be challenged in a greater deal of ways than Ness can if you can circumvent PK fire.

Then again, you did vote me for Smasher with the worst tag on GSB, so what do I know? :glare:
I don't really have much to say, Verm pretty much summed up the rest.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
by long ragned tools i meant PKF seeing as the only lucas ive played just abused that all day (he sucks obv)
once again, i know little about how theyre meant to be played, so yeah

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Lucas' PKF is sort of a love/hate relationship move. While it's great to keep people out, it can't really be used into anything else (except...maybe a magnet pull but that's incredibly risky up close on stage).

Lucas suffers from range issues, and imo that's why he's so low in the game (I mean GRs, etc, but range really hurts).

Verm asked me to post so I just thought I'd give a little insight. Once you get how Lucas works you can pretty much get past the flashiness. Ness' mixups are either obvious or ridiculous, and the obvious ones are very reliable.

Top Bottom