• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
i cant use u-tilt lol
The advanced Utilt-guide - by Z1gma

Try tilting the controlstick up, gently, then press A (As you are still tilting the controlstick up).

Alt method:
Tilt the controlstick up, gently, then press the C-stick up (As you are still tilting the controlstick up).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I fought Ally's Falcon in a match of a bracket set, he switched to Wario after I beat his Falcon once.

The match(es) will be on youtube soon.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lol wario? Strange. Good stuff though.

I'm pretty sure Ally hates all Ganon mains by now... I almost made him get second seed in pools because his CF just about lost to my Ganon.

How'd you do in the tournament BTW?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i know how to use u-tilt, its just ganon's is so different i cant use it in the same manner and im in a bad habit of trying to juggle with it lol

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
like i didnt care LOL it was on wifi (laggy tv) its a 80-20 MU on ganon's favor, I forgot to play him on a non laggy tv after our laggy set =.= oh well brag about that if ya need to.
This coming from a former wifi champion who made his name on wifi?

No johns, wifi pro.

Ally said:
its a 80-20 MU on ganon's favor
Everyone start taking this out of context and start posting it everywhere on the boards!

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Come to the video thread, where I have all the matches I played from Saturday's Super DSO tournament uploaded (I had to leave early and miss brackets, so every match I have is from pools)

Also, if a certain somebody remembered to pick up the replays, my MM with Albert L will be online as well. He is real, and he is the best Ganon in the world. I am completely and undoubtedly serious.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Watching a few videos of him, I really highly doubt it.

Then again they were from 3 months ago, but honestly...he doesn't strike me as really being anything special. He has good mindgames...but then again those are all things that to me every player in general should be aware of. And even with as limited of a character as Ganondorf, I really just think he doesn't know things about the character that he should be doing.

Clai

Smash Lord
Watching a few videos of him, I really highly doubt it.

Then again they were from 3 months ago, but honestly...he doesn't strike me as really being anything special. He has good mindgames...but then again those are all things that to me every player in general should be aware of.
Those videos are only a small sampling of what Albert's capable of. Once he gets angry, there's no escaping it.

[I don't want this to just be empty Albert L hype/argument. Once our MM gets online, you can watch it and make your judgments from that.]

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Also, if a certain somebody remembered to pick up the replays, my MM with Albert L will be online as well. He is real, and he is the best Ganon in the world. I am completely and undoubtedly serious.
I don't believe you sir.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
How can I give money to a person that doesn't exist? I challenged him, thinking I could win, I lost, I gave him my money. It's as real as real can get.
Did you get to play his Bowser and his Pit too? I hear Vex is good at those characters as well as Ganon

Clai

Smash Lord
Did you get to play his Bowser and his Pit too? I hear Vex is good at those characters as well as Ganon
I've only played Vex' Bowser once in tournament and I was doing alright until I literally walked off the stage and killed myself :/ I've never played his Pit, even though I've bugged him to use Pit against me so I can figure out how to get past his "found new ways to aircamp" thing he talks about.

Nah, whenever we play, Vex and I usually Ganon ditto. Ganon dittos are too much fun.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, Noob, can I ask you about the previous avatar images you had?

There was one shot of Suiseiseki that somehow I found really cute, I want to have it. Desu.

Ray is too beast.
He seriously goes Ganon against ICs. Our area has a LOT of ICs, that's not gonna change.

Have you fought Doc's ICs, Ray? I bet you could beat them, if I gave him a 0-death...

What I'm more interested in, is if Doc would try to take a game off you with them. If he would pick them.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I've only played Vex' Bowser once in tournament and I was doing alright until I literally walked off the stage and killed myself :/ I've never played his Pit, even though I've bugged him to use Pit against me so I can figure out how to get past his "found new ways to aircamp" thing he talks about.

Nah, whenever we play, Vex and I usually Ganon ditto. Ganon dittos are too much fun.
I was actually implying that Vex is the same person as Albert L... but you seem pretty adamant that Albert L exists so I'm beginning to believe you might be telling the truth :O

@HomE

Smash Ace
Just letting you all know that I'm leaving... my Wii is collecting dust next to my PS3 and 360.... HoN and CoDMW2 have taken me...

GL with your future Ganoning

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Just letting you all know that I'm leaving... my Wii is collecting dust next to my PS3 and 360.... HoN and CoDMW2 have taken me...

GL with your future Ganoning
what's your gamertag :O
I'm in the same situation, except I check here every once in a while. I play CoD all the time now lol

TP

Smash Master
Aaaarrgh I was told I should shave my beard by a friend. Won't be going Ganon at my tourney next week. Sorry!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I suppose I should let you guys in on the horrible secret now.

I'm playing Meta Knight in tournaments from now on.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Same here DLA, ive been playing pikachu, jigglypuff for awhile now and i switched to ganondorf again today (i used to main him ahile back) so then i was thinking of someone that would help cover tournament matches like... just say i lost the 1st round with ganon then i would go mk for the other 2 rounds. Then if i won the first round with ganon i would go ganon again and if i lost that round i would go mk for the last round.

MK is easily the best cover for most characters.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not quitting Ganondorf or anything. I play him for pretty much every match except tournament matches. It's just that I've lost a lot of money entering tournaments, and if I win just one tournament, I'd get pretty much all of the money I've spent returned to me, and then some.

I realized that I pretty much only play Ganon at tournaments because I wanted to get fame. And it has largely worked; almost everyone I meet has heard of me or watched one of my videos or something. But I thought about it for a while and I realized that the only reason I place so well (for a Ganon main) is because I only beat people I'm clearly superior to. I never pull any upsets. I pretty much always lose sets to the people who get top 8 - not because they're better than me, but because they've fought my Ganon and know exactly what to do to pretty much completely disable Ganon. So I decided it was time for a change.

I played a tournament yesterday and went all MK. I did better, and everyone who I usually lose to says that they're much more worried about my MK than my Ganon, because I either beat them or came very close to beating them. My MK is new and I still need a lot more MU experience (especially Snake and MK), but I'll be placing top 3 once I play him for a bit more. And I'll actually be winning money instead of losing it.

So yeah, I'll still be posting on the Ganon boards just as much as I usually do. Just don't expect any more posts about how well I did at a tournament with Ganondorf.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oh hey zigma!! Im a big fan of you, DLA and Ray_Kalm :)

You 3 are the main reasons i started playing ganon lol.

Then watching all of you on youtube inspired me to go back to him again so i picked him up again today along with my MK.

Im so tired of switching mains, ive prob mained every single char in the game so far besides maybe a few.... i really just want to stick with 2 characters because more than that i will ust not work with me and 1... well i really want to play with ganondorf again but i also want to win tournaments to and i dont see a prob with maining 2 characters.

Well its nice to meet you all finally (besides DLA, ive talked with him b4) and i plan on coming to be ganon boards a lot.

Clai

Smash Lord
I'm not quitting Ganondorf or anything. I play him for pretty much every match except tournament matches. It's just that I've lost a lot of money entering tournaments, and if I win just one tournament, I'd get pretty much all of the money I've spent returned to me, and then some.
So you mean you're playing Ganon in every match except the ones that actually matter?

All I have to say is that playing MK is by no means a guarantee to winning a tournament. In fact, you can't even be sure that you would even reach the level you were when you were Ganon. MK doesn't fit everyone's mindset and comfort level (I can't play MK worth crap), make sure you're really making the right choice as to who you're representing in tournaments.

Regardless, good luck in your future endeavors, but if you really thought I would lose faith in Ganon because of this, you're nuts. If anything, it'll give me even more dedication towards the 'Dorf so I can help avenge the loss of a fellow Dark Lord.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
All I have to say is that playing MK is by no means a guarantee to winning a tournament. In fact, you can't even be sure that you would even reach the level you were when you were Ganon. MK doesn't fit everyone's mindset and comfort level (I can't play MK worth crap), make sure you're really making the right choice as to who you're representing in tournaments.
I added more onto my post because I figured it needed more explanation. I'm actually already doing better with MK, and I barely have any matchup experience with him yet. I know that playing MK doesn't guarantee a tournament win, but I'm just putting it into perspective. Even if I get 3rd and get like $60, that money will add up fast, and it would really help financially because I'm unemployed right now. I guess I'm just done fooling myself, and I've realized that most of my spare money has gone into Smash, and I know that I'm good enough to get a return on my investments.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well gl on alting MK DLA. MK is prob the easiest character to pick up on but it is always hard to take him to the next level you know.

Ive actually been practicing a lot with MK and i win about 80% of the time now, but i dont have that many people to practice with but hey, practice is practice. Then i win about 55% or so.

Ive learned not to spam dark choke and nado near as much and i actually do better without spamming.

Oh and another reason why i think im winning more is because i caught myself one day just playing the game without thinking about what i was doing so i was like WTH i have been playing all this time just attack, attack, block, attack, instead of actually thinking. So now that i play mind-games and i try to predict more im a whole lot better brawler than what i used to be ;)

Anyways gl on the MK DLA and i hope you place pretty high and win a decent amount of money in your next tournament :)

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
When you're done making money out of a game which is, IMO, a stupid way to earn money, will you come back do Ganon mainship side?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
theres a reason i love getting a paycheck every month

it pays for bills

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Ganon is a sucide in a tourney, my second is Ganon and my main is Falco, but I know some matchups better with Ganon, if you have to play with a good IC with Ganon, the match doesn't have reasons to play it. I only have taked a good position with Ganon in the last spanish national tourney in the low tier tournament, I taked the 3rd position and I won the best european Ike, but I had a lot of luck, he didn't play well, take a good position with Ganon in a low tier tournament is like take a good position in a normal tournament with a low tier character
Ganon isn't competitive, you need to have it like a second or have a good second like MK, Snake or Marth that cover your worst MUs, but you will have big problems with most of MUs with Ganon, this is reallity

@HomE

Smash Ace
what's your gamertag :O
I'm in the same situation, except I check here every once in a while. I play CoD all the time now lol
Well Dippinsauce612 is the tag at my house, its like 3 - 4 sometimes more people playing tho.... mostly not me because i have a job unlike some other people i know.... but i play alot more HoN then anything myself.. and my tag on Hon is AtHome

Clai

Smash Lord
Ganon isn't competitive, you need to have it like a second or have a good second like MK, Snake or Marth that cover your worst MUs, but you will have big problems with most of MUs with Ganon, this is reallity
Or you can accept that the only way you're going to get through the competitive hurdles is to work hard, try to find any usable option that you can, and slog through the slow, steady pain for the purpose of making it out with your character on your terms in the end.

Ganondorf can be competitive, but you have to make it so. No johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom