• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't visit the Ganon boards as much as I should anymore, but what the hell, I want to feel special and part of the group of badass Ganon users, so I'll do this too.

I'm Fromundaman, though I'll probably respond to "*******" as well. I'm not a Ganon main, and MY Ganon isn't really tourny viable enough to be called a second, but he is my 3rd best (and 3rd most used) character after Kirby and Mario. I tend to pull him out at least a few games in friendlies against people, (and I should probably start pulling him out in tournies too since no one seems to know what to do against him for the first few games.) as well as against Ike, Jiggs, Ganon, or CF (I lack the badassness required to do higher tier matchups with him...). My main contribution to these boards is... well ****... what the hell do I contribute here? I think I mentioned some techniques of questionable use (AKA pretty much useless, despite my thinking it was God's gift to Ganon in my noobier days.) in my first week of being on this site, but that's about it... So I guess I'm just here to occasionally argue matchups and just chill with you awesome people, hoping that your badassery rubs off on me.

TP

Smash Master
I'm Twilight Prince, also known as Zach by some. I joined the Ganon board in October 2008 back when I was a complete noob who didn't know what DI was. I slowly rose through the ranks until I became one of the most respected members on the board. I have made many contributions, such as finding that Aerudo has less RCO lag than Dark Dive, finding that Choke>platform drop Uair is guaranteed on nearly everyone, and just generally being helpful to everyone. I currently run the Ganon Board Tier List, and I am one of the few people who have legitimately placed well in tourney with Ganon. I use Ganjadorf, despite the fact that I have never smoked a thing in my life.

:034:

Smash Hero
TP, you're back!

I guess I'll have to go with an intro too, huh... Aight. These guys know what's goin' on. I'm gonna go out and clobber a god**** Pikachu in the FACE. Because you know what? That's how it's done. This is how you play Brawl. You grab their ****in' face, you blow the **** out of them then stomp on their

god

damn

FACE

I need no introduction.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
TP, you're back!

I guess I'll have to go with an intro too, huh... Aight. These guys know what's goin' on. I'm gonna go out and clobber a god**** Pikachu in the FACE. Because you know what? That's how it's done. This is how you play Brawl. You grab their ****in' face, you blow the **** out of them then stomp on their

god

damn

FACE

I need no introduction.

See, this is the sort of badassness I want to rub off on me. (No homo)

Also, I use normal color Dorf.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm Mars. I'm half black-half white. I've been using blood dorf pretty much since Brawl's release although I am a Sheik/Zelda main. My Ganon has actually improved to the point where I would actually consider him tournament viable and get this........i'm actually going to be using Link and Ganon for my hard matchups like G&W and Snake! I love the Zelda series as you can tell lol. If you ever need help with your Sheik or Zelda matchups you can ask me pretty much anything. I also really don't think Ganon is the worst character in the game for you negative Ganon users. Yea that's pretty much it......i'm gonna start posting around here a bit more.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, there's been some talk in the Ganon chat, and there's a bit of interest in running a second Ganongasm. I just wanted to know if anyone else is interested in attending what could be known as the SINGLE MOST EPIC tournament series.

Also, I've been endorsed by TP to run this ****. If there's anyone else who's more worthy of doing so, then please, speak up and I'll hand the reigns over, no questions asked.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I would definitely attend a second Ganongasm. I was sad I had no internet at the time of the first.

When would this happen?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
As of right now, we're just looking to see if there's any interest in this undertaking, so date is TBA.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Hey guys. I'm Scott. I don't main Ganon but I've been really using him a lot lately and found quite enjoyable. (Despite usually being quite the tier *****) I'll probably post a video link to a replay I did just yesterday using Ganon just to get some feedback. Looking to use Ganon in some low tier tourneys and such in my country.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Evening gentlemen, I'm a Falco main who would occasionally use Ganon to simply get a taste of some purple 'dorf badassery. However, I've recently decided I wanted to be able to murder stuff.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
TP, you're back!

god

damn

FACE

I need no introduction.

^THIS

...Just brought tears to my motha****in eyes....

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

god

damn

FACE

I need no introduction.

Is this spoofing something? It seems like it....

Hey guys. I'm Scott. I don't main Ganon but I've been really using him a lot lately and found quite enjoyable. (Despite usually being quite the tier *****) I'll probably post a video link to a replay I did just yesterday using Ganon just to get some feedback. Looking to use Ganon in some low tier tourneys and such in my country.
Evening gentlemen, I'm a Falco main who would occasionally use Ganon to simply get a taste of some purple 'dorf badassery. However, I've recently decided I wanted to be able to murder stuff.
Welcome aboard. :046:

TP, now's a good time for a find that would revolutionize Ganon's game or something. Go mess around and bring one back, kk?

Maybe something with Down-B... and and jumping. . .

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Is this spoofing something? It seems like it....

Maybe something with Down-B... and and jumping. . .

I discovered this amazing technique where you jump and immediately use Down-B so that the only thing that hits is the shockwave, and it has like five minutes of lag and I think it will revolutionize Ganon's game and make him top tier.

But seriously, I think something cool would be like:

Gerudo opponent to stage edge ---> Jump at edge of stage ---> Wizkick Spike off stage ---> Footstool jump as opponent recovers ---> Stomp when opponent attempts again---> Grab edge

I doubt it works at all, but it would be soooo cool (take this sentence and apply it to everything of Ganon's).

I guess I'll get around to an introduction of myself when I think of something worth saying, and after I've played a few Ganon's to secure my spot as suckiest Brawler alive, lol.

Riolufin

Smash Rookie
Hi my Ganon friends! I'm Riolu from Finland and I main Ganon. I've mained him now about 5 months but I still suck as him. I'm in the crew in neoseeker where I train my Ganon.

Nice to meet you!

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, Genesis starts in under 36 hours. It will be the largest Brawl tournament and the largest Melee tournament ever. There will be approximately zero Ganons their. :( Anyway, they were planning on having a livestream but found out recently that they would not have internet access. Instead, they will be constantly updating via twitter. I created a twitter account for the sake of keeping up. Any of you are free to use it if you don't want to bother setting up an account yourself.

Site: www.twitter.com
Username: TPGenesis
Password: genesis

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'll be at genesis. I plan on MM'ing M2K and Ally, although it's not even sure if M2K is gonna make it atm.

I'm leaving in like an hour... >.>

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What's up!. I'm Z1GMA. You can call me "Z1G" if you're lazy.

I love experimenting with this game - especially with Ganondorf and what the game allows you to do with him.
I also tend to come up with really weird names for my Ganon-stuff/AT's (or any character for that matter).

Hit: Soccer, Anime, Drawing, Comedy, The gym, Horror movies.
Miss: Windy days, People with destructive behaviours.

My Ganon
Color(s): Steeldorf / Ganjadorf.
Signature move(s): Flipman, Dash dance -> Fsmash, WKC-> Fair
Pros: Technical inputs, Strings.
Cons: Sometimes my Ganon can be a little on the slow side.

Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Z1GMA12

^ Feel free to correct my grammar. <- Not part of my introduction.

Smash Hero
Just popping in to say I'll go on vacation this saturday. Hey, even a killer needs rest.

PS: I've been replaying Pokémon Yellow now, and I actually have a Nidoking :V And **** he's good.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I found this a bit hilarious. (Interview from AIB).
Inui- Master of Doubles
Zolga
: Let's get going! Who are you?
Inui: Inui (Lucas DeLorenzo), I main Meta Knight, Snake, and Ike.
Those are the characters I use in tournaments.
Zolga: I heard you prefer doubles to singles; Why is that?
Inui: I find doubles to be a lot more fun, so I'm more motivated. I think it takes a lot of actual skill instead of just abusing top tier characters and camping the whole time. I like teamwork and having a lot of things happening at once.
Zolga: Who would you say has been your best partner?
Inui: Mew2King and Atomsk by far. I almost always team with Atomsk. We have opposite play styles and know the other's style so well. It works out. I can play any role and team with anyone good and be pretty successful, though. I've been with ksizzle, ChuDat, teh_spamerer, Bum, to name a few.
Zolga: What are you excited for at Genesis?
Inui: Brawl doubles and regional crews. I'm the captain for Atlantic North, so there's a lot of pressure on me to lead my team to victory. I'm worried that if we lose, West Coast will think they're better even though we're using a lot of B team players and are deprived of many powerhouses while they won't be. In Brawl doubles, I need to make cash because I'll be far in the hole if I don't make my money back.
Zolga: What do you expect from Brawl Singles?
Inui: No idea, really...I'm going to actually try this time, even if it means camping and being all boring. I'm hoping Atomsk, NinjaLink, Mew2King, ADHD, and the other powerhouses from my region do well. I'm especially hoping they stop the Meta Knights from taking all of the top spots. I expect Mew2King to win and for Ally to place extremely well, but everything else is up for grabs between the top players.
Zolga: What about Melee Singles?
Inui: I really hope Mew2King finally beats Mango, but he probably won't because he plays way too much Brawl. Mew2King needs to realize that his 2007 skill won't beat Mango. So, I'm expecting Mango to win and for Mew2King to take second. After that, I don't have any idea. I want to see Kage win because I love Ganondorf and admire the way Kage plays and his sportsmanship.
Zolga: What do you think of all the international players coming to Genesis?
Inui: I'm really excited about that! I want to see how they stack up against us. I got into the SBR not too long ago and got to know and interact with some of the best minds in Europe and Australia. I'm looking forward to meeting them. Their metagames are different, so I want to see how they play.
Zolga: Do you think that any international players will place well?
Inui: I don't really expect it, to be honest. They might, and I'm not saying they're bad, but I just believe that the skill level here is higher. Their lack of high level Meta Knight experience may hinder there ability to place.
Zolga: Speaking of Meta Knight, how do feel about his potential ban?
Inui: I'm extremely anti-ban. I'm even working hard on the anti-ban team in the SBR right now. Because I see him lose so frequently to other characters here, I don't believe he should be banned. I'm hoping that our Meta Knight slayers take out all of the Meta Knights at Genesis to prove it. Go Atomsk, ADHD, NEO, Pierce, Vex, Malcolm, and NinjaLink!
Zolga: Meta Knight slayers, the community will love that.
You don't expect any Ganondorf's to be winning?
Inui: Um...he's the worst character by far. All of his moves are slower than reaction time, meaning he can't ever win against anyone with a brain. It's really sad since he's my favourite character ever. At least he's usable in Melee.
Zolga: Which region do you feel brings more to the tournament?
Inui: West Coast because it's their home region. They will have all of their powerhouses there and have a big advantage. Mew2King also said their top players are a bit better than ours. I'm excited to see what happens. I hope Atlantic North brings a strong anti-Meta Knight metagame to their attention and wins.
Zolga: What do you think are the chances of some unknown placing well?
Inui: It's almost impossible. The established top players are too good and too numerous
Zolga: Do you even think Genesis will finish?
Inui: Yeah. The hosts seem to really know what they're doing, and I'll gladly help them if they need it.
Zolga: Which game do you prefer?; Melee or Brawl.
Inui: I have more fun playing Melee, but Brawl has more people and more money right now.
Zolga: What do you think of people calling Brawl a party game?
Inui: It is. Just like Melee and 64. They're all party games than we limited and created rules for in order to make them competitive by our own definition of competitive.
Zolga: That was a very well thought out answer. I expected you to go into "rage mode".
Inui: I try to be logical.
Zolga: Well we are done here, do you have any shoutouts?
Inui: Well... I've already shouted out my Atlantic North homies, no? I'm looking forward to meeting people like Praxis, Fiction, SK92, and other West Coast pros. I'm super excited for this weekend. SHOUTOUT TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY! LET'S MAKE THIS THE BEST TOURNAMENT EVER!
What happened to the "I'm the best Ganondorf EVA" statement?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm Dina, I'm a huge fan of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and naturally Good ol' Ganon is my favorite character. I didn't really like Twilight Princess tho. =/ I guess im the only female Dorf player/supporter here, but I'm sure I'm not the only girl in the world who is fond of him...

o_O;;

._.

>_>

anyways I even have a playlist on my youtube channel soley devoted to Ganondorf with Kalm, Noobicidal, SBF (altho those matches were laggy as ****) Gleam, Zhouten, @Home, TP, PhantomX and I just put one up of Breezy if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
His declaration of being the best Ganon player evar?
Oh, no. I misunderstood, you weren't specific enough <_<.

Huh? We're not even comparable. Mine's significantly better because of how much better of a player I am. I don't have to main Ganondorf to be better with him than Ganondorf mains. >_>;
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7478787&highlight=inui#post7478787

I can assure you that Ganondorf will be on the very bottom, possibly in his own tier of suck. There is no way he will move up.

I believe I'm the best Ganonorf in the USA (Koskinator is probably better) and I think Ganondorf can't ever win against anyone that just waits and reacts to any of his horribly slow and unsafe approaches.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7473369&highlight=inui#post7473369

Had to dig it up. I think he deleted/edited out his post after getting bashed, I've only found it in a quote.

You're welcome.

TP

Smash Master
I'm the one who replied to Inui in that thread where he made those statements. I said he must be the best Ike too since he uses him over Ganon in the late rounds of low tier tournaments.

That's right. Not only does he not main Ganon, he doesn't even main him in low tier tournaments. >_>

Noobicidal

Smash Master
SUGGESTION!

Bold or underline the people in the introduction section; it'd make it a bit easier to read.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think we need to edit Koskinator's introduction then, because he's obviously not the best Ganon like the OP claims.

>.>

Fail @ Inui

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Inui was the best Ganon like OVER TWO YEARS AGO (I did actually play him once online btw).

Lol at him thinking he's the best today.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I believe I'm the best Ganonorf in the USA (Koskinator is probably better) and I think Ganondorf can't ever win against anyone that just waits and reacts to any of his horribly slow and unsafe approaches.

Lolwut?

Zerxion

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I'm Zerxion. I mostly just lurk here on the Ganon boards and I play a decent Ganon, but not many know me because of that. I mostly play Brawl+ since it's way more fun for me.

I'm thinking about going to Genesis tomorrow, but if I join singles I'd feel like I am throwing money away... I think I may actually play worse offline than online. Maybe I should just go watch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You know, I wonder if Inui has trouble finding hats to wear 'cause of his GIGANTIC head and whatnot.
Well, he's not a bad guy, he's just got a little pride, which is sort of justified cause he is a really good player, but only where it's justified. Him talking about Ganon just isn't.

TP

Smash Master
I request that every thread gets locked just so we can see the wizkick spike pic again and again.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I request that every thread gets locked just so we can see the wizkick spike pic again and again.

Every time I see a thread locked here, I wish I could post saying how awesome the picture is. They should make a poster out of the picture and sell it in every store around the world. It's that good.

TP

Smash Master
Nobody let Kalm know about the new frame data on how fast every pummel is. He'll go into his smug "I was right" mode. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom