• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Remember guys: FoG>Reverse WP is our strongest kill move, because WP is strongest while in the air, making this the best thing to do against shield broken opponents. It kills about 10% earlier than a regular reverse WP.

:034:
ysrsly whyare gaNNons (inb4 gannon banned) worriedabout serious kill problemz0rz if we have FoG warlock purple punchs

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Full hop Dair SHOULD be possible, and it would be the most useful by far, since it actually sends the opponent UP.

Considering that most characters aren't tall enough to get hit by Ganon's full-hop D-air, and even those characters need some strict timing to get hit by it, I would think it would be virtually impossible to hit the opponent with a d-air and then FoG to chase him. If it's in any way possible, though, it would be sex on a kosher roll.

I'm just going to focus on mastering the short-hop FoG. At this point I could do it to the point that I can at least attempt to chase anyone getting sent that far with the technique (Snake, Wario, etc). Even still, getting the chances up to 100% wouldn't hurt.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Can we still do a SJR even if we still have our DJ?
That's a moot question. It's essentially meaningless.

I just noticed Link can ISJR nair and I think that can it people, so.... sweet.

I was daydreaming though, and realized Ganon's ISJR would be ridiculously **** on Lylat, or anywhere else you can keep people on platforms. You could murder a Dedede there. And I already got it to work there last night so it's actually possible.

I can't believe I'm more consistent with FoG than... anyone. Timing is perfect, I just keep screwing up the impulses to my left and right hand. #&%$ brain. You're supposed to work for me. D:

EDIT: I use shield with L.

Clai

Smash Lord
I can't believe I'm more consistent with FoG than... anyone. Timing is perfect, I just keep screwing up the impulses to my left and right hand. #&%$ brain. You're supposed to work for me. D:
What kind of FoG's are you trying to do? If you're just trying to do the short-hop FoG or the easier Wizkick FoG, the only thing you need to do with your left hand is just hold down on the control stick. The right hand does all the rest.

I only ask because I'm assuming you're not talking about being consistent with FoG's out of attacks, since only a handful of people have even claimed to do it once.

TP

Smash Master
What kind of FoG's are you trying to do? If you're just trying to do the short-hop FoG or the easier Wizkick FoG, the only thing you need to do with your left hand is just hold down on the control stick. The right hand does all the rest.

I only ask because I'm assuming you're not talking about being consistent with FoG's out of attacks, since only a handful of people have even claimed to do it once.
Setting L to special is the easiest way for me, and probably him too, which is why the left hand does more than one thing.

Clai

Smash Lord
Setting L to special is the easiest way for me, and probably him too, which is why the left hand does more than one thing.

Really... I do both types of FoG's just fine with using the B-button as it as. I actually have my L-button set to jump (so I can jump out of shield and SHAD better), but I don't use the L-button at all when it comes to doing the flight. Yeah, trying to do the Flight of Ganon with the L-button instead of the B-button would easily mess me up. I'm intruiged as to why you guys do this....

Smash Hero
I claw the Y and B buttons and leave L to attack so I can actually do a DACUS, although I still hardly do that whenever I play <_<

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

No, I edited my post, and I L to shield and R to special.

My problem isn't getting the jump and the Kick. I can get the jump and the kick at the right time, and I also time the DJ at the right time, and the air dodge at the right time.

But my mental representation of the sequence, somehow, became degraded since I learned this a few months ago, and when I do the DJ and air dodge, I air dodge first, thus simply falling. What's worse is I usually do a quake afterwards when I don't notice I screwed up.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever been told they play "gay" with Ganon?

Or... CAN Ganon be "gay" at all, for that matter? I don't think so.
I mean, even Falcon can be gay at times (Jabs).

However, I use to fight this decent Falcon, who says Gerudo -> Dtilt is gay. lol

What do you guys think? Can Ganon upset an opponent?
Most likely not.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii

However, I use to fight this decent Falcon, who says Gerudo -> Dtilt is gay. lol

Most likely not.
Lol, I played a Luigi for getting upset about me "chaingrabbing," AKA Gerudo>d-tilt>gerudo>d-tilt... he couldn't escape it and he started getting pissed ><

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Most likely not.
Well, yes, every character could annoy the opponent, even Ganon. Maybe not as much as others, but, if gerudo tech-chases > DTilt for heavy damage isn't a pissoff, then I don't know what is.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
If we were to SOMEHOW master frame-perfect chain choking, never miss a cue, abuse Ganon's great range, pick more stages that are platform heavy to abuse Uair... then sure, we could play gay.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Omg, yes. the two noobs I play with always call me thunderspam or something. I don't even thunderstorm that much T.T. but they insist on saying that you can spam effectively with Ganon. which is lulz worthy.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Ganon "playing gay". L.O.L. Next we're going to have Marth fighting like a man. :dizzy:

Correction, I'm Zook the High and Mighty. Call me otherwise and I'll infract you.
/sarcasm?
*prays to Ganon Zook is more chill than his introduction*

EDIT: Breezy is a beast.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
If we were to SOMEHOW master frame-perfect chain choking, never miss a cue, abuse Ganon's great range, pick more stages that are platform heavy to abuse Uair... then sure, we could play gay.
Twilight Prince totally plays gay against my Kirby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9pxX-b62E

He freakin spams gerudo on me like over 9000 times at 1:04 until it finally hits me.

But I <3 playing Twilight Prince. It's okay for a Dorf to play gay.:lick:

weinner

Smash Apprentice
I tech chase my brother all the time (He's a Lucario, I take a step forward so that a gerudo connects if he goes Out). He tries to mindgame by laying on the floor so I just iDA to show him not to stay on the floor.

Mindgames=manipulation, manipulation="gay", Mindgames="gay", Ganondorf=Mindgames, so Ganondorf="gay"

:)

Side note: Kalm I would like to be put on the tier list.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
And I'm back
From outer space
Driving in from up above to put a boot into your face
I know ya missed me but I'm finally back home
I'll never roam
I'll never rooooaaaaamm~
Again.

TP

Smash Master
He's alive!

Salty, several Ganons put Nidoking at the end of their posts now, you should do the same.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Osnap, it's that one guy in my state who has a better Ganon than me.

Welcome back.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
It's good to be back, and free of all of those pesky obligations that kept me away from my beloved Brawl for so long. As for the Nidokings, I've got a better idea. Now if only I can find it...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've decided to take my Ganon more seriously now. Next tournament, I'll be wearing a Forrest Gump costume along with a Mario hat. I'll be entering singles as "Forrest Gimp" and I'm using Ganon to cover my bad matchups. (Dedede, MK, Marth)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
'Scuse me, but who the hell are you using that has worse matchups with Marth, MK, and DDD than Ganondorf? 'Cause I'm recommending them for the new bottom.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've decided to take my Ganon more seriously now. Next tournament, I'll be wearing a Forrest Gump costume along with a Mario hat. I'll be entering singles as "Forrest Gimp" and I'm using Ganon to cover my bad matchups. (Dedede, MK, Marth)
I read that in the MGD yesterday. I'm looking forward to hearing your placing.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, I wasn't serious about the bad matchups. Mario has it bad, but Ganon's just awful.

Clai

Smash Lord
Online play sucks. If you want to do it the real man way, we should hold the a real tournament in Texas and everyone who uses Ganon goes to it.

****, I'll walk to Texas if it means I get to play the likes of Koskinator, Kalm, Swoops, Salty, and Twilight.

(I just used the first 5 names that came to my head)

TP

Smash Master
Online play sucks. If you want to do it the real man way, we should hold the a real tournament in Texas and everyone who uses Ganon goes to it.

****, I'll walk to Texas if it means I get to play the likes of Koskinator, Kalm, Swoops, Salty, and Twilight.

(I just used the first 5 names that came to my head)
Online play sucks compared to offline play, but not everyone gets to live on the east coast, Clai, where there is always another smasher within a 5 minute walk of wherever you happen to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom