• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKD

Smash Lord
I think Ray_Kalm is right and that people should realize how much of a feat it is to win as Ganondorf. The character should only win that often if the opponent doesn't know the match-up or the skill gap between the players is too big. Also, there are a ton of reasons for those match-up odds, you have no idea. The fact that some characters have crazy crouches like Kirby, Snake and G&W is a huge factor in their match-up against Ganondorf.

Someone posted a question about Ness being 2/8 against Donkey Kong without knowing that Donkey can infinite him from a grab.

I'm intimidated when playing against good Ganondorf players too, because you have to play a certain way against him. Once you do, it's very hard for him to win a lot of match-ups though.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Winning as Ganondorf PROVES you are the better player in my mind. Or they just can't fight Ganon. Either way, it is a feat in itself. He has no advantages aside from PURE killing power and all epic spikes.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I think Ray_Kalm is right and that people should realize how much of a feat it is to win as Ganondorf. The character should only win that often if the opponent doesn't know the match-up or the skill gap between the players is too big. Also, there are a ton of reasons for those match-up odds, you have no idea. The fact that some characters have crazy crouches like Kirby, Snake and G&W is a huge factor in their match-up against Ganondorf.

Someone posted a question about Ness being 2/8 against Donkey Kong without knowing that Donkey can infinite him from a grab.

I'm intimidated when playing against good Ganondorf players too, because you have to play a certain way against him. Once you do, it's very hard for him to win a lot of match-ups though.
Except that most of us know exactly what we need to do in order to win as Ganondorf. We're put up against competition that would likely dwarf that of Mexico's, and we know how to fight certain characters. The fact that you're putting characters' CROUCHES as major factors in Ganondorf's matchups against them (since simply putting up a shield owns any attack that Ganondorf would miss if the opponent crouched) lets me to believe that you don't know about Ganondorf in high levels of play.

I admit that people don't play gay enough against Ganondorf, but too many people assume that Ganondorf just loses if people automatically adopted that playstyle. Apparently Ganondorf mains are incapable of adapting to the metagame, which makes it entirely the character's fault. TKD, do you even know good Ganondorf players? I don't even know your country's best players, but how am I supposed to assume that your country's metagame matches up with regions of the US like Texas?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Remember 'Half Life - Opposing force', where you fight as one of the opposing marines, instead?

Nintendo should make a game where you control Ganondorf.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Remember 'Half Life - Opposing force', where you fight as one of the opposing marines, instead?

Nintendo should make a game where you control Ganondorf.
I bet even if they tried, when you turned on the game your Wii would turn off. Then it would restart and tell you that no one can control that much awesome. While that's on the screen Ganon is laughing in the background at your pathetic attempt.

In all seriousness though, that would be awesome. Start with Ocarina, work through the different games as Ganon tries and fails. Fight in wars, fight Link, visit the dungeons as you set up traps. After being banished, fight your way back to the world.

I don't know. There's so much that Ganon does. I don't think it can be accurately described.

:034:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
In all seriousness though, that would be awesome. Start with Ocarina, work through the different games as Ganon tries and fails. Fight in wars, fight Link, visit the dungeons as you set up traps. After being banished, fight your way back to the world.

I don't know. There's so much that Ganon does. I don't think it can be accurately described.

I can see it...

Or maybe just the events described in A Link to the Past. Putting together that band of thieves, producing Agahnim, manipulating the King, presumably some fighting and spelllcasting...
In that one, he doesn't have the Triforce of Power.

It'd be quite a challenge to make a game for where he is connected by Fate to the Triforce. Everything you want to do, you succeed except against Link. :\ It would have to be a puzzle solver.

It would be completely outside the genre... it would be like a puzzle adventure game.. slow paced, lots of thinking...

It would chronicle Ganon's rise to power... he'd have to work carefully given that he has super power, but if he makes the wrong move he makes the game unwinnable, that sort of thing.

Twilight Princess made him out to be a brute (maybe all that nonexistence just addled his mind >__>), but to me, Ganon is smart. He has Power and Wisdom. Only Link's 1337 Triforce haxx allowed him to beat that.

I bet even if they tried, when you turned on the game your Wii would turn off. Then it would restart and tell you that no one can control that much awesome. While that's on the screen Ganon is laughing in the background at your pathetic attempt.
I lol'd

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hm...those are all good ideas. I like the A Link to the Past one.

Ganon is good at everything...except being good. It almost sucks how there is a weapon designed specifically to kill him.

Does the Japanese culture place special importance on Courage? Or is it associated with something else that's lost in translation or just not mentioned in the games? It's rather odd to have among Power and Wisdom.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Did Ganon actually kill people in TP? I only played through that game once so I don't remember. IIRC he killed people in OOT like this dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCig_h5pBLU

I didn't even know this was in the game until I saw it on youtube!

lol and they say Majora's Mask is dark...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Did Ganon actually kill people in TP? I only played through that game once so I don't remember. IIRC he killed people in OOT like this dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCig_h5pBLU

I didn't even know this was in the game until I saw it on youtube!

lol and they say Majora's Mask is dark...
He shattered a sage into pieces, and through Zant killed a ****load of soldiers in Zelda's castle and stuff. If you count the Shadow Beasts as killing people too, he killed a ****load of people. Shadow beasts were what you thought Redeads were supposed to be. :<

Also, I could totally love a Wind Waker sequel with Ganon in the style of Endless Ocean. (Remember the ending? lol)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also, I could totally love a Wind Waker sequel without all that god**** sailing; especially that dungeon where you have to travel by waddling your boat around the place. (Remember that dungeon?)
Fixed for you.

I could also do without the fetch quests at the end that were really only there to add hours to the game. I mean seriously, getting enough rupees to pay Tingle for like 8 different maps to sail around and find the triforce pices added nothing to that game other than time and frustration.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Fixed for you.

I could also do without the fetch quests at the end that were really only there to add hours to the game. I mean seriously, getting enough rupees to pay Tingle for like 8 different maps to sail around and find the triforce pices added nothing to that game other than time and frustration.
I loved Wind Waker's sailing, honestly.

I just find it funny to have a scuba game with Ganondorf.

I loved Wind Waker. <3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I found the sailing too slow and redundant, though I'll admit it was a refreshing change at first, and it was tolerable until those fetch quests at the end, which are just bad in any game IMO (and are what turned me off the Metroid Prie series.), not to mention that dungeon where you have to navigate it by boat but you can't sail, meaning you just move around through super slow waddling annoyed me.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hm...those are all good ideas. I like the A Link to the Past one.

Ganon is good at everything...except being good. It almost sucks how there is a weapon designed specifically to kill him.

Does the Japanese culture place special importance on Courage? Or is it associated with something else that's lost in translation or just not mentioned in the games? It's rather odd to have among Power and Wisdom.

It's just a good triad.

The power to enact your will

The wisdom to prudently use it

and the courage to face your trials.

Alternately,

The courage to stand up to your enemies

The wisdom to know who are your friends

and the power to do right by both of them.

Incidentally, I found that for most characters in Brawl, attaching those words to the taunts according to this formula tends to make sense: Courage ^, Wisdom >, Power \/.
I set those as my taunt comments on Wifi and have been very happy with it.

When I am playing offline, I think of those names in my head and I think they make my taunt selection good - uptaunt when I do something ballsy and it works; sidetaunt when I just outplay my opponent or pull off a master stroke.
It's also just enjoyable. ^_^

EDIT: And the Master Sword isn't designed to kill Ganondorf; it's designed to vanquish him. :rolleyes: To banish him - you know, be his bane? :p

Noobicidal

Smash Master
'Dorfs listen to...

Yeah... what music/bands do you 'Dorfs listen to?
Agathodaimon
Anorexia Nervosa Nihilistic Orchestra
The Black Dahlia Murder
Celtic Frost
Dark Sanctuary
Dimmu Borgir
Graveworm
Mourning Beloveth
My Dying Bride
Neaera
Opera IX
Summoning
Winds of Plague
Yann Tiersen

That's just a few examples. Most of the music I listen to falls under either Symphonic/Ambient Black Metal, Doom Metal, Melodic Death Metal, or Neoclassical.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Wow, now you guys are in my world... lets see hereeeeee..

The Fall of Troy
MF DOOM
Passion Pit
Hot Chip
Felt
Aesop Rock
Lamb of God
The Dead Weather
Ratatat
TV on the Radio
Fleet Foxes
Black Keys....

In no order..

Or for the FULL experience

http://www.last.fm/user/s hit_ItsAlex

Delete the space inbetween the S and the H otherwise is censors the URL and it dont work...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, by the way, speaking of that playing from Ganon's perspective thing...

The next Zelda game is supposed to be of a different style/a departure from the traditional format.
Maybe we can hope for that?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I listen to Rock, mostly.
But also Game Music, and sometimes Techno.

My favourite band is Alter Bridge.
I also like:
Papa Roach
Sick Puppies
Shinedown
Zebrahead
Breaking Benjamin
Killswitch Engage
Creed
Three Days Grace

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hey, by the way, speaking of that playing from Ganon's perspective thing...

The next Zelda game is supposed to be of a different style/a departure from the traditional format.
Maybe we can hope for that?
Having read IGN (read with with a mountain of salt), they're saying that some interview is saying Wiimotionplus will be used, and 1:1 swordplay will be included.

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Metal, mostly power metal, is the best. Here are some bands I listen to:

Aquaria (Favorite band)
Highland Glory
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Toccata Magna
Galloglass
Dark Moor
Angizia
Luca Turilli
Fairyland
Stratovarious
Iron Fire
Circus Contraption
Power Quest
Seven Kingdoms

Don't feel like posting more.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh...

Coheed and Cambria is a smasher hosting a tourny that had no name (so people were refering to it as Coheed for a while) until a few weeks ago. Thought you were asking if anyone was going XD

TP

Smash Master
I'm home until late Sunday. Line up to play me online. I'm a much better player than I was a couple months ago.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The Ganon ditto is the one you gotta check out, that one shows all the ******** stuff, haha.
Se-se-seven HUNDRED damage from a Warlock Punch? I watched the rest of the preview videos earlier, but I don't know how I missed the Ganon ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom